L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
Bullys always got everything in life jobs, good memories, girls they are respected etc while the victims always live suicidal and depressed there is not morals in this world not equality everything is corrupt always will be corrupt this world is a joke i wonder why people want to live many years in this life

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, ithappens, Pen>Sword and 24 others
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
Needless to say, the more selfish/immoral a person is, the higher their tolerance (of suffering) will be.
Ie, the people who are more selfish/immoral, are more likely to keep fighting, and not kill themselves. And, the selfless/moral people, are more likely to kill themselves.

Ie, life really is: Survival of the fittest/selfishest/stupidest/immoralest/cruelest/evilest.

• Love
Reactions: ithappens, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, profoundexperience and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yeah, this life really is unfair. I believe karma isn't a real thing and there is so much endless suffering in this life which will continue as long as humans exist. I think how well we do in life is all based on random luck. Some people are not simply built to withstand this life. I tell myself its all pointless as we just die anyway.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, Journeytoletgo, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 8 others
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
At least we have always the possibility of CTB...
Yeah, this life really is unfair. I believe karma isn't a real thing and there is so much endless suffering in this life which will continue as long as humans exist. I think how well we do in life is all based on random luck. Some people are not simply built to withstand this life. I tell myself its all pointless as we just die anyway.
Yes and this luck is most important at young age. After 30+, there are no more opportunities for anything if you missed out in your young age.

Last edited:
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, ithappens, stillweary and 4 others
S

SN-chan

Sep 27, 2020
Isn't it kind of reassuring though? That there is some kind of rule to this world where being good means to suffer and being bad is rewarded(It's usually just fun on the expense of others - exchanging your humanity for animality/ego). Sure there's got to be a soul for the gradual selling to begin with.

Last edited:
L

Luna88

Student
Jan 4, 2021
No there is no karma and there is no justice. Life does what it wants. It doesn't ask. If you are looking for the meaning of life you have already lost. I find the realization sad.

• Love
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, ithappens, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 11 others
NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
Life is not fair. I have learned that people who are mean succeed in life. To be kind in a world full of evil people, that can be a failure.

• Love
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, ithappens, TheNorthernSilence and 9 others
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I also concluded the same. I also wrote about it a time ago (why do the worst people have a better life?)

Life is really unfair. I feel so much pain living on earth. I can't wait to leave this planet and be merged with the void again.

• Love
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, ithappens, OpheliasFlowers and 3 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think if that were completely true I'd be having a great life because I'm definitely one of the worst people I know if not the absolute worst.

It is true that some people seemingly get rewarded for being terrible though. That's just more fuel to the fire that life really sucks...

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
That's just more fuel to the fire that life really sucks...
life operates in a weird manner.

I think if that were completely true I'd be having a great life because I'm definitely one of the worst people I know if not the absolute worst.
If you acknowledge that you a bad person, then you aren't bad at all. Sometimes life pushes us to take a wrong path and make some wrong decisions which leads us to a disaster. I'd rather blame it on the genes and life circumstances rather than our own self. We're just actors playing our stupid roles in this weird disturbing life.

Reactions: ithappens, stillweary, Beachedwhale and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
If you acknowledge that you a bad person, then you aren't bad at all. Sometimes life pushes us to take a wrong path and make some wrong decisions which leads us to a disaster. I'd rather blame it on the genes and life circumstances rather than our own self. We're just actors playing our stupid roles in this weird disturbing life.
I've wrestled with this before. I somehow doubt that I'm any less evil just because I realize I am. Am I not more of a bad person because I know I am one and do nothing about it? Least that's how I see it...

• Hugs
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and nopointofliving
aWishNotTrue

aWishNotTrue

‏‏‎ ‎
Apr 5, 2021
It just means you are self aware.

Next is the consideration between doing want you desire and the moral/ethical/legal consequences.

It's your choice to do anything society deems wrong, but a guilty conscious doesn't abscond you of your crime. Ultimately, if you don't do anything then you aren't really a dangerous person, thought crime isn't a criminal offence.

Reactions: ithappens, Dr Iron Arc and nopointofliving
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
Yes because capitalism rewards that behaviour. Individualism goes hand in hand with selfishness, which goes well with shamelessness and narcissism.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, ithappens, lonerclown666 and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah. not all of them, but many end up having a great life.

That's why I don't believe in any Gods or karma. Nonsense.

• Love
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, ithappens, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Yeah. not all of them, but many end up having a great life.

That's why I don't believe in any Gods or karma. Nonsense.
Hello Matt,
I used to believe in Karma, I no longer care about it. You know, we humans are good in projecting our thinking on life. We see someone does good thing, then he gets rewarded, and we say ::"oh whoever does good deed will be rewarded" :D. It doesn't work that way. Life is so vast and complicated, and we haven't discovered 1% of it yet, how can we make such conclusions about karma, god ... etc?!!

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, stillweary, LastFlowers and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Hello Matt,
I used to believe in Karma, I no longer care about it. You know, we humans are good in projecting our thinking on life. We see someone does good thing, then he gets rewarded, and we say ::"oh whoever does good deed will be rewarded" :D. It doesn't work that way. Life is so vast and complicated, and we haven't discovered 1% of it yet, how can we make such conclusions about karma, god ... etc?!!

Exactly, it's nonsense. If there really was a God, karma or whatever, we could see it or feel it.
It seems everything in this universe is just nonsense and random! (Sure, we know about evolution, big bang, etc but if you really try to find the root of everything, you end up trapped in the eternal cycle of "what what was before than that that which was before" lol)

• Love
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It just means you are self aware.

Next is the consideration between doing want you desire and the moral/ethical/legal consequences.

It's your choice to do anything society deems wrong, but a guilty conscious doesn't abscond you of your crime. Ultimately, if you don't do anything then you aren't really a dangerous person, thought crime isn't a criminal offence.
Some people will say "Silence is Violence". I don't personally believe that but I live in California and that's supposedly the progressive thing to say therefore my choice to do nothing makes me just as evil anyway. And yet the most noble thing I choose to do is absolutely nothing because I know that any form of development or acquired confidence will cause me to actively do evil things. Personally I believe my choice to kill myself is the only real good action I can do to eliminate evil like me.

• Hugs
aWishNotTrue

aWishNotTrue

‏‏‎ ‎
Apr 5, 2021
Isn't that more in the vain of the bystander effect/culpability?

I wouldn't think that refers to mentally ill people who have compulsive thoughts they can do nothing about, but rather that bystanders should not sit idly by in silence when there is a crime going on.

It's certainly a difficult choice to ctb in order to prevent yourself from acting on your worst thoughts. Have you already removed access to firearms, knives, weapons, or other tools that could make you more quick to actually perform those thoughts? I just imagine there are less permanent solutions to restrict the potential harm you could cause, but locking yourself up in jail or a mental facility isn't gonna help reduce the need to ctb :(

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Isn't that more in the vain of the bystander effect/culpability?

I wouldn't think that refers to mentally ill people who have compulsive thoughts they can do nothing about, but rather that bystanders should not sit idly by in silence when there is a crime going on.

It's certainly a difficult choice to ctb in order to prevent yourself from acting on your worst thoughts. Have you already removed access to firearms, knives, weapons, or other tools that could make you more quick to actually perform those thoughts? I just imagine there are less permanent solutions to restrict the potential harm you could cause, but locking yourself up in jail or a mental facility isn't gonna help reduce the need to ctb :(
I don't wanna be locked up, and I'm not proficient with any weapons at all but just because my crimes aren't violent doesn't mean they aren't bad and it doesn't mean I'm not terrible for having these thoughts in the first place.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
@yive, NICE! for quote from EDH (page 1011).

I wish more people had an appreciation of that book...

• Love
Reactions: yive
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
The dominant over the less dominant it's unfortunate

I hate it here so badly

Tintypographer

Tintypographer

I am done as of 4-21-2023. Somewhere I am no more
Apr 29, 2020
Bullys always got everything in life jobs, good memories, girls they are respected etc while the victims always live suicidal and depressed there is not morals in this world not equality everything is corrupt always will be corrupt this world is a joke i wonder why people want to live many years in this life
I feel like the bullies and people who need something from me would get angry if I go through with ctb because they would lose their person to pile things onto.

Reactions: ithappens
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am pretty sure the people who bullied me in school have great lifes. They were children of very rich parents. It hurts to much thinking about that. I try to forget them but in my nightmares they always return...

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, Journeytoletgo and not4us