mayweallgetpeace

mayweallgetpeace

Jan 9, 2023
I think it's probably whatever you make it or want it to be. Everybody has a different view on life so their "meanings" change.

Reactions: Xiaomi
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
It's real, but there is no point.

Reactions: Source Energy, Hollowman, spoiledsick and 1 other person
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
You have try to find the meaning of life

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There simply is no point to all of this. Life only exists as an unfortunate and unnecessary consequence of evolution and that's all there is to it. We exist just to deteriorate and inevitably die and that is the fate of all existing beings. Any deeper purpose or meaning to this is simply a delusion and I think the fact that humans have the ability to be conscious and aware means that often they question these things, as the true meaningless nature of existence is too difficult for them to come to terms with. So therefore people invent theories and lie to themselves about the meaning of life, like they subscribe to religious beliefs as the reality is too painful for them to bear. If people accepted that life truly has no value then that would give them no justification to carry on existing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Rob1984 and LastFlowers
LookingOverTheEdge

LookingOverTheEdge

Hello Darkness my old friend
Jul 13, 2020
I think this life can be a beautiful thing. I've always suffered from depression, but I've had times in my life where I've felt truly happy. Where I've felt like nothing could stop me.

Of course I've also had times where if there was a button to end it in an instant, I'd have hammered that thing before I finished reading the instructions.

Here's the thing. I love this place, I feel accepted here. I feel I can speak freely and that there isn't any judgement, just understanding. But you have to remember we're all coping differently. We all see things differently. I'm grateful to be able to talk to people here, but you have to be careful how much of it you let back into yourself.

This life can be an amazing thing. It can also be a harsh and cruel thing. And it can be both in the span of a heartbeat. I would never seek to minimise or take away from the pain anyone here is feeling. What might seem small to one person is a life sentence to another. But just because you're here, it doesn't mean that it's essentially game over.

Christ I know it's easy to say, and I really don't want to just throw out the same old platitudes because I know how hollow they are. But the point I'm trying to make is that all that life really is, is potential. It can be amazing, and it can be unbearable. Some of it is in your control, and a lot of it isn't. Some problems can be fixed, others only accepted.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say. I can't answer the original question here. Not really. I just know that sometimes when things seem hopeless, things can turn around. And sometimes when things are incredible. Things can turn around. There's always another page to the story. It's a question of having the strength to keep reading and see what happens. I'm sorry for the rant.

Reactions: Jisatsu_55265181910
Rob1984

Rob1984

A day in the life
Jan 8, 2021
There simply is no point to all of this. Life only exists as an unfortunate and unnecessary consequence of evolution and that's all there is to it. We exist just to deteriorate and inevitably die and that is the fate of all existing beings. Any deeper purpose or meaning to this is simply a delusion and I think the fact that humans have the ability to be conscious and aware means that often they question these things, as the true meaningless nature of existence is too difficult for them to come to terms with. So therefore people invent theories and lie to themselves about the meaning of life, like they subscribe to religious beliefs as the reality is too painful for them to bear. If people accepted that life truly has no value then that would give them no justification to carry on existing.

For some, a human life having no inherent purpose can actually be very liberating. If life has no inherent purpose, then life is like a blank canvas where the human is free to paint whatever purpose they desire. I believe in the grand scheme of the universe, humans are just another small dot on a very large timeline, where our species will come and go (and very likely be completely forgotten as if we never existed in the first place). With that said, I also believe just because there is no inherent prescribed purpose to our lives that is tied to the universe does not mean our lives can't have a real purpose. I don't know why so many people rely on some grand purpose to life? I wonder why enjoying the little things like ice cream, music, our pets, movies, a walk in nature, etc. isn't enough to justify our existence? Many people seem to think if our lives don't play a part in some super significant way to the universe, then it is just all meaningless. Btw, I'm just speaking out loud, not directly pointing any of this at you! I enjoyed your comment :)

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers