£v£1yn

£v£1yn

An obsessive girl
Sep 11, 2023
So I just woke up by accident, its 3:43am and I don't know why but, I'm fucking terrified. I just feel paranoid and to be honest I'm scared, maybe it was because of the nightmare that I had before. I don't know, I hate feeling this way.

• Hugs
Reactions: MiMif, Passersby, Sannti and 4 others
g04tZ3GVTZ

g04tZ3GVTZ

𓆩♱𓆪20 𓆩♱𓆪
Sep 15, 2023
I'm so sorry, i wish i could help, that happens to me a lot, i try and calm my mind down immediately after, stop myself from shaking by going back in the blankets, remind myself it's a dream. rock back and forth slowly and take deep breaths. hold a stuffed animal if you can and sometimes crying helps me get so exhausted i fall asleep again.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: £v£1yn, ChronicallyCynical, HighFlight and 2 others
ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
There's nothing pathetic about being scared. Emotions tend to be out of our control, especially the likes of fear. It's part of that survival instinct.

It could be the nightmare, it could be something from before you fell asleep or the day before, or maybe there's something you know that's coming up that's scaring you without you being fully conscious of it.

It sucks that your sleep was disrupted so horribly. If I had to guess, the disorientation from waking suddenly and the lack of sleep probably aren't helping your current state. Sleep deprivation can negatively affect mood, I'm pretty sure.

Maybe if you have a comfort song, beverage, food, movie, or anything at all that puts you at ease. ... you could try distracting yourself with it to calm yourself and then see if you can try and get some more shut-eye if it isn't too late for that. Of course, that is only a suggestion. Anyway, I hope you manage to find some rest, and some peace from whatever is scaring you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: £v£1yn and HighFlight
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
I'm not sure if this helps, but when I get into a scary situation, I try to become super aware of my environment and what's happening in that moment. That focus, coupled with slow deep breathing helps me determine if there is a real threat and allows me to calm down.

I hope you can find something that will work for you. (Sending you calming thoughts. ✨️)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: £v£1yn and ChronicallyCynical