P

Powderedmonster

Student
Mar 6, 2019
I never worried about this until I read on here that nylon rope should be avoided for hanging. This rope seems to be a good inch or so thick though. Am I ok? If not, what rope should I get?? It was listed as strong at the Home Depot. I don't want to use a tie or belt or anything since I need to adjust the length and also, I don't know how to tie a belt properly to a ligature but with ropes I do it perfectly. Any insight is appreciated-I don't want the rope breaking and me to end up brain damaged. Thanks

Attachments

• 30F7F136-EBE3-4D85-B8D9-35CE0C204080.jpeg
    30F7F136-EBE3-4D85-B8D9-35CE0C204080.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: lemon17
S

Spiko

May 30, 2018
I would say, yes definitely.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, ArtVandelay and Powderedmonster
X

xiaomingdie

Apr 8, 2019
How heavy are you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Powderedmonster
Escaper Boy

Escaper Boy

累坏了...
Apr 11, 2019
Is there anyway to "simulate" the strength of your rope with other weight substitute? Maybe you can try to suspend heavy object in the air with it? I think it's easier said than done though.

Reactions: Powderedmonster
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Tie off the rope. Swing from it with your entire weight off the ground. Bounce, to simulate any twitching you might do once you're unconscious. If it holds, it'll work.

But just looking at it, yes, in terms of strength, it'll work just fine. The only difficulty you might have is if it turns out the knots are too bulky.

Reactions: Powderedmonster and lemon17
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
A quick search on their website says it will hold 760 pounds.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Honigwaffel and Powderedmonster