memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
I haven't come across NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON who wanted ANYONE here to DIE.

Not one!

So if you're here NYT OR BBC editors...

This is most certainly NOT a pro-suicide website.

How did this even get in the news???

There's a reddit thread with 117k members and it's practically the exact same thing.

I think a good old fashioned letter to the editor might be some due here.

Everyone here is so loving and positive.

• Love
Reactions: rozeske, maniac116, alltoomuch2 and 6 others
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Did another news article about this site get made? What's the reddit thread?

And I 100% agree. They'll slander this website and ignore any inconvenient facts in order to peddle their narrative. It's to be expected. You'll find little to no nuance or honesty with these pro-lifers/anti-choicers.

Reactions: maniac116, alltoomuch2, esalucolom-wojaqter and 1 other person
memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
Did another news article about this site get made? What's the reddit thread?

And I 100% agree. They'll slander this website and ignore any inconvenient facts in order to peddle their narrative. It's to be expected. You'll find little to no nuance or honesty with these pro-lifers/anti-choicers.
I believe it's called suicide watch (and you can google it).

Literally, there's the same old messages:

1. "Please, don't do it"
2. "Wish you peace"

And it's the same thing here.

There is a not fucking person on this forum that wants anyone dead.

And if they do. They're sick.

I haven't found anyone even remotely like this.

This is really a great ad free website where depressed people can literally talk to themselves.

There are so many people struggling,

But I have literally spent hours and days and hours and days across this forum.

Yes I know, have you checked out the SN thread?

But that's nothing!

This website is NOT SUGGESTING to kill yourself with Sodium Nitrate lol.

Personally, I FEAR ordering it BECAUSE of this website.

I don't know, there isn't a big article coming out...but if there is let's get together. This is BS!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: alltoomuch2, CatLvr, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
I believe it's called suicide watch (and you can google it).

Literally, there's the same old messages:

1. "Please, don't do it"
2. "Wish you peace"

And it's the same thing here.

There is a not fucking person on this forum that wants anyone dead.

And if they do. They're sick.

I haven't found anyone even remotely like this.
Ah, you mean the subreddit. I was concerned when you said "thread," since I took it to mean a post with 100k upvotes was popping off somewhere.

Although, in my experience, suicide watch has much more "please don't do it, life is beautiful, you're not thinking clearly, get help" comments than here. Those types of comments are severely frowned upon (and even against the rules afaik) here. But yes, generally people there, and certainly nearly all users here on the forum do not egg people on to kill themselves (I can't actually recall ANY users here telling someone to kill themselves). It's all about respecting other's decisions about their own lives. If they wanna die, then we wish them luck and hope they find what they're looking for. If they wanna live, then that's perfectly okay too; there's a recovery section of the forum specifically for those folks!

• Love
Reactions: alltoomuch2, opheliaoveragain, esalucolom-wojaqter and 2 others
memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
This is nonsense.

At most the people here are just simply saying hey you wanna talk?

Ah, you mean the subreddit. I was concerned when you said "thread," since I took it to mean a post with 100k upvotes was popping off somewhere.

Although, in my experience, suicide watch has much more "please don't do it, life is beautiful, you're not thinking clearly, get help" comments than here. Those types of comments are severely frowned upon (and even against the rules afaik) here. But yes, generally people there, and certainly nearly all users here on the forum do not egg people on to kill themselves (I can't actually recall ANY users here telling someone to kill themselves). It's all about respecting other's decisions about their own lives. If they wanna die, then we wish them luck and hope they find what they're looking for. If they wanna live, then that's perfectly okay too; there's a recovery section of the forum specifically for those folks!
I came here on a fly.

It was only after I bothered to google the site how absurd the NYT article was.

There is literally nobody here (unfortunately, the thread below this one or two or three)

It's insane!

Everyone here is coming for solutions, suggestions, comfort and what not.

There is NOBODY saying:

"Hey, I got a good idea for you..."

And there is NOBODY saying:

"this and this and this address" for purchase

In fact, everyone here is saying don't be stupid and don't do drugs.

lol...

I never believed in fake news until this shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
I do think there's a big distinction between /r/SuicideWatch, which is explicitly anti-suicide, and SaSu, which is more neutral.

I have seen a lot of pro-suicide content on here. "Wishing you peace" for instance is explicitly banned on /r/SuicideWatch because it could validate someone's sense that they're not welcome in the world. Similarly, some people here will often talk about anti-suicide action as "brutally forcing" people to stay alive, or validate each others' sense of hopelessness.

Does that mean that SaSu is bad - not necessarily. But I think it's fair to call this place pro-suicide. It skirts the boundaries a little bit.

It does raise alarm bells when I see users with 1k+ posts talking about how life is pointless and the only solution is death, and that any rhetoric short of that is "pro-life". It seems like those users are trying to get other people to kill themselves.

memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
I do think there's a big distinction between /r/SuicideWatch, which is explicitly anti-suicide, and SaSu, which is more neutral.

I have seen a lot of pro-suicide content on here. "Wishing you peace" for instance is explicitly banned on /r/SuicideWatch because it could validate someone's sense that they're not welcome in the world. Similarly, some people here will often talk about anti-suicide action as "brutally forcing" people to stay alive, or validate each others' sense of hopelessness.

Does that mean that SaSu is bad - not necessarily. But I think it's fair to call this place pro-suicide. It skirts the boundaries a little bit.

It does raise alarm bells when I see users with 1k+ posts talking about how life is pointless and the only solution is death, and that any rhetoric short of that is "pro-life". It seems like those users are trying to get other people to kill themselves.

I could care less about the "" and the '' the choice and life.

The comments are the same.

This is not a wicked website.

The post now (as I refreshed) below has to do with heroin.

So what is heroin?

Neither the popular reddit forum with 117 THOUSAND members and this one with around 100 active members.

No, this website got singled out.

lol...and you know what, the fact that we're having this conversation in an open forum is interesting.

So below it's:

1. Heroin
2. Hanging
3. Twisted myself...what next

I have ni what's going on, but it's probably like the above.

BUT there WILL NOT BE one person suggesting:

1. Heroin
2. Hanging

as a method..
I could care less about the "" and the '' the choice and life.

The comments are the same.

This is not a wicked website.

The post now (as I refreshed) below has to do with heroin.

So what is heroin?

Neither the popular reddit forum with 117 THOUSAND members and this one with around 100 active members.

No, this website got singled out.

lol...and you know what, the fact that we're having this conversation in an open forum is interesting.

So below it's:

1. Heroin
2. Hanging

I have ni what's going on, but it's probably like the above.

BUT there WILL NOT BE one person suggesting:

1. Heroin
2. Hanging

as a method..

This website has a bullseye and target. It's not going to be long before what we all already know lawsuits will be filed and IP addresses will be logged and anyone selling or suggesting will be arrested because of such and such.

What's sad here is mental help:

--Ordered benzos & my other thoughts
--Venting It's taken me decades to accept that I was supposed to fail at life. My life was never meant to be good.
--The story of my relationship and why the end of it was the final straw for my ctb

What is going on this World where we can't help people without getting sued? arrested?

There is literally NOBDOY here who wants death.

This is nonsense.

EVERYONE of the responses above:

1. This website has a bullseye on it
2. This website has far fewer traffic then reddit
3. And this website still has a bullseye on it
I'm an idiot.

Everything is great and all cookies made are tasty.

Last edited:
Reactions: alltoomuch2
U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
I'm sorry, I'm not always good at working out what people are trying to say, and on this occasion I can't quite understand what you're saying. Can you make it any simpler for me? No worries if not.

memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
I'm sorry, I'm not always good at working out what people are trying to say, and on this occasion I can't quite understand what you're saying. Can you make it any simpler for me? No worries if not.
Sure.

1. This website will always be a target and have a gun/bullet. IRONIC
2. The people on this website do not wish harm on anyone
3. Unspoken7612 rocks and everyone here loves you and wishes you the best :)

• Love
Reactions: alltoomuch2
U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
Got it. Thank you.

I generally think that's true. I haven't seen anyone openly inciting suicide here. I agree with the forum's general pro-choice stance, but I think sometimes people here say softly pro-suicide things that wouldn't be tolerated on most forums and some of the criticism is fair.

memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
Got it. Thank you.

I generally think that's true. I haven't seen anyone openly inciting suicide here. I agree with the forum's general pro-choice stance, but I think sometimes people here say softly pro-suicide things that wouldn't be tolerated on most forums and some of the criticism is fair.
Yuppers skippers.

Oh no, nobody wants anyone dead here.

No matter the topic/suggestion or outlandish thread.

You will never find:

"Here's how to snort gas and instantly die!"

WTF??

That's not going to happen on this site.

Maybe the NYT/BBC should be investigating reddit

...but what an investment and rabbit hole that would be!

It doesn't matter.

Whatever the question. Don't hold back.

FUCK THEM! They don't have control anymore.

Last edited: