Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
It's a video by this band or whatever. I don't know if you've ever heard of Heavensgate or not but like it was this mass group suicide of people that did it or whatever. Like I watched some of the videos and some of what he says is actually true. I'm just sort of in this nazi-nightmare but anyway. Here's a link to the music video. Basically the theme of the video is WHAT IF THEY ACTUALLY ASCENDED? like what if they actually went to heaven when they committed mass suicide. Here's the vid. and heres some info about heaven's gate.

there pic is actually really cool. Heavensgatelogo

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
A good con plays on confidence, and uses the truth for a victimizing agenda by twisting and manipulating it. Semi-true, semi-cool, full-on fucked.

Reminds me of a stand-up routine by S'more, putting it in a spoiler for vulgarity and domestic violence:

She talks about being dickmatized.

"You know, when the dick's so good, you be like, 'No, no! I walked into the punches and shit!'"

I'm sad to see a thread glorifying a devastatingly destructive cult.

More like Hellsgate dressed up as heaven's gate.

OP, I don't mean to attack or demean you or anyone else, but rather to educate in this spirit:

If any person is able to convince me and show me that I do not think or act rightly, I will gladly change; for I seek the truth, by which no person was ever injured. But they are injured who abide in their error and ignorance. - Marcus Aurelius

Last edited:
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
I have no fucking idea what you're talking about. But I just tried to post something semi-cool. It's uncool in the end of the music video but whatever.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I'm glad to clarify.

The con is the logic the cult used in twisting and manipulating truth, which is the semi-truth in a Nazi nightmare sort of way. It's quite seductive. Hitler's rhetoric was also seductively appealing.

In both cases, that of the cult leader and of Hitler, the seduction is meant to override self-protective and socially protective instincts and reasoning to serve the agenda of the seducer.

Hence why I'm sad about anything that glorifies either. Both resulted in mass murder. With Heavensgate, the victims were so hypnotized by the heavy manipulation, they walked into their deaths. Fantasizing that they reached heaven is, to me, continuing the glorification the members were tricked by, and perhaps an indication of being hypnotized by the rhetoric as well.

I'm cool if you don't agree.