D

Dust

Mar 6, 2019
This community has always been a place of comfort for me, I have been lurking around this community for a long time. I even remember when we were all on reddit before the sub was banned. This place has helped me deal with the atrocious piece of crap that is life just by existing. When I was (and sometimes continue to) feel suicidal over my own mistakes, or so disillusioned with my own future I that I think what is the point of it all? This community is always there for me. I somehow find comfort in knowing i'm not the only one who feels this way, and just by knowing that and seeing others talk online about this sort of stuff makes me feel better. Even now whenever I feel depressed I always come to this place first as it is one of the only places I feel i belong even if I don't interact much. I know some people say these communities should not exist or that they only harm your mental health, but I have only found that you guys have helped me more than anything else, and for that I want to thank everyone who is/was a part of this site. I hope you all find your own peace in whatever way you can.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: listeningpost1379, shoganai, Woodnote and 3 others
shoganai

shoganai

Jan 14, 2020
This community has always been a place of comfort for me, I have been lurking around this community for a long time. I even remember when we were all on reddit before the sub was banned. This place has helped me deal with the atrocious piece of crap that is life just by existing. When I was (and sometimes continue to) feel suicidal over my own mistakes, or so disillusioned with my own future I that I think what is the point of it all? This community is always there for me. I somehow find comfort in knowing i'm not the only one who feels this way, and just by knowing that and seeing others talk online about this sort of stuff makes me feel better. Even now whenever I feel depressed I always come to this place first as it is one of the only places I feel i belong even if I don't interact much. I know some people say these communities should not exist or that they only harm your mental health, but I have only found that you guys have helped me more than anything else, and for that I want to thank everyone who is/was a part of this site. I hope you all find your own peace in whatever way you can.
If anything, I think communities like r/depression are harmful because they limit your speech and ban you for the littlest things. Forums like that simply end up as an echo chamber. This community is nice because it encourages discussion. Shame on people who think it shouldn't exist. Taking it away would steal so many voices, and we all deserve to be heard.

Reactions: escapefromabuse, Thereisnothing, Dust and 1 other person