N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I know this sounds pretty ridiculous and pathetic. But I had this thought way more than once. I have a strong desire for a partner. I have the feeling my illnesses might make me an horrendous partner and I feel very sad about that. My illnesses have destroyed every opportunity to get one so far.
Maybe I don't really know how it is to be in a real relationship. I think many have very superifical relationships. I would not want that. Just having a partner for the sake of having a partner. I rather seek a deep emotional bond. And I think sometimes I get this feeling when I am in this forum. But it is rather a conncetion to a large semi-anonymous crowd. LIke writing a public diary. It is really good that I barely get hurtful responses otherwise this would suck. Though I try to ignore assholes. I feel accompanied by some people in this forum. Not really sure if it is dependent on certain members or just as I said rather a crowd. Probably both. I know some members for a long time. It really hurts that I have to let go of some of them.

Before anyone answers that: Obviously this forum is no substitute for the sexual aspect of a relationship. I try to stay out of that topic in this forum. It is too intimate for me.

Maybe I am confusing having a partner with having a therapist. I think I had problems to strictly seperate that. I twice was close of having a relationship. I texted a girl for several months she was also mentally ill. It really felt good to support each other. I think it helped both of us. We both were pretty ill. But she always denied suicidality. Sometimes I am asking myself how she is doing - maybe she is already dead she had some somatic problems. I have never told that story and maybe I won't do that for some reasons. (also doxxing). Then I texted another (mentally ill) woman for some months. I was really manic to that time this ruined everything...it is embarrassing when I now think about it. I think with all of this I want to emphasize I have a little bit of an experience how it is to have a somewhat close bond to a woman. Probably still miles away of an usual partnership. But the support we gave it each other resembled the support which I receive when I am in this forum. I sometimes act a little bit too much like a therapist just because I read some studies. I overestimate my intellgence way too often. Also in the "relationships" (not partnerships) with these women.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, Angst Filled Fuck Up, death137 and 8 others
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
If you want to say: Out of curiosity, did you know these two women from in person, or did you meet and talk solely online?

And no, your post does not sound "ridiculous and pathetic". Thank you for the read :-)

Reactions: waitingforrest and Ashu
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I have a hard time believing you would outright disrespect your partner or treat them unkindly, so I have doubts you'd be a horrendous partner. None of us are perfect and neither are relationships. I think you deserve a chance at a relationship as much as anyone else. I had some relationships go up in flames and made many mistakes. It's okay for that to happen because it's natural in romantic connections. Stay open to the possibility. Good women are always on the lookout for men who aren't mean-spirited.

• Love
Reactions: Dissappointed, waitingforrest, noname223 and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I can relate, though I commend your bravery on using that phrasing.

Reactions: Foresight and Ashu
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
As a substitute for a girlfriend, this forum is certainly cheaper than the real deal. And there's not a bunch of hair all over the bathroom. :blarg:

Reactions: Ashu
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
As a substitute for a girlfriend, this forum is certainly cheaper than the real deal. And there's not a bunch of hair all over the bathroom. :blarg:
I'll take the hair.

Reactions: Foresight
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

šŸ“œ Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
Does help to fill the void abit - though emotional relationships will always be superior to me.

Not that I have much experience with relationships

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
If you want to say: Out of curiosity, did you know these two women from in person, or did you meet and talk solely online?

And no, your post does not sound "ridiculous and pathetic". Thank you for the read :-)
The first girl I have met only online. The second one in real life. But I even had the feeling the relation to the first one was more intense. This had probably something to do with her illness.

Last edited:
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: WorthlessTrash, waitingforrest and noname223