S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
I have a severe social anxiety, which is worsening due to some personal reasons, related to my family. I have some unfinished work which may or may not be finished by January. It's getting hard to live having these feelings. I'm thinking of taking these anti depressant group of meds, which is said to work on sa as well, until ofc I do the ctb. The meds are available on some of the reputable sites that suggested. I just need your help for the 2nd opinion. Like what things I should be careful and not to overdo? Any kind of problems or addiction I might get into after taking any of these meds. I'm attaching it here so you all can tell me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-31-13-33-25-44_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-31-13-33-25-44_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 0
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Lexapro (escitalopram) is said to be helpful with social anxiety. You should discuss your concerns with a psychiatrist.

Reactions: Sid19
S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
Lexapro (escitalopram) is said to be helpful with social anxiety. You should discuss your concerns with a psychiatrist.
I don't have any psychiatrist nor do I can get one especially in my country (India). I have few months left at most before I do ctb. It's the last thing I would do to give them any sort of suspicion on me. Thank you for your suggestion. I will look into this. Do you think taking this daily will make me some sort addict? Do you think perhaps I can take these meds on specific days?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry u have to go through this. I can't say much about SSRIs (and other psych meds) but why do u worry sm when u plan CTB anyway?

I think it's risky to take such meds without proper consultation from a psychiatrist as they may have (terrible) unwanted side effects. Anyway meds won't solve your MH issues if the external circumstances that are causing them don't change.

S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
I'm sorry u have to go through this. I can't say much about SSRIs (and other psych meds) but why do u worry sm when u plan CTB anyway?

I think it's risky to take such meds without proper consultation from a psychiatrist as they may have (terrible) unwanted side effects. Anyway meds won't solve your MH issues if the external circumstances that are causing them don't change.
I know it's sounds crazy, but my whole life, no matter how bad it went I never did anything, like literally anything. I also hear people getting withdrawal symptoms if they stop taking SSRI meds. I am a coward and pain is one of the things I tend to avoid most of the time. I'm a tight spot right now and I don't think it will get any better so I thought about taking these meds, as a last resort. I will have to see some online consultation for this. Maybe that can be help me understand it better?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Advice from an online doc (if that is available) is a good idea. I think nobody here can give actual medical advice.

I wouldn't take any psych meds without consultation.

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
Don't take psych meds without consultation, especially don't take Zolof. I took it years ago and I still crave it if I think about it. That med fucks up your memory and concentration and is addictive. I know you want to ctb but taking these meds without guidance can give you worse problems than death

• Aww..