Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I'm thinking about a ctb date. I don't want to say when yet since so many haven't worked out already and I'm embarrassed, and I'd really be if this doesn't work, but it's soon. I decided to make a list of the pros and cons of going on this day, and type out other thoughts and ideas I have. I am NOT asking whether or not I should ctb. I'm more thinking out loud, and maybe if anyone has advice on my plan, weighing in on the pros and cons of this specific day, and any other thoughts on this.

I plan to ctb in an area behind a park that has trees, bushes, and other plants to help conceal it. One ideal reason to go very soon is that the leaves will soon fall and make it slightly less hidden. I will go early, arriving at the park before 5am. I'll mix my three cups of SN at a picnic table then carry them to my place in a thing I have that has three cup holder. I will bring a sleeping bag to lay on and a blanket incase I need/want it. I plan to drink the SN between 5:00 and 5:15am, probably closer to 5:15.

Pros:
• Temperature forecasted to be 63°F at ctb time, likely the warmest day I'll get for many months

• There's a good chance that my mom will sleep in on this day

• My ctb place is definitely not somewhere my mom would think to look

• I don't think I'll be any more prepared than I am now, so what's the point in waiting?

• It's very unlikely that someone would find me too soon - it's behind a park (I know from experience that nobody goes into the park until mid morning or later), hidden, and I don't believe anyone could hear me from the trail or road

Cons:
• Mom might not sleep in

• Mom might want to go to the farmers market in the morning, so would notice my absence sooner and possibly call or text me

• There's a very slight chance that someone might find me too soon - it's outside, so no matter how well hidden the place is, I suppose the possibility is still there

Whenever I decide to do it, I'm thinking about taking my sleeping bag there the day before. It would be one less thing to carry when I go to ctb (I also have a backpack and drawstring bag), and it might be a good test to see if the place is as secure as I think it is. If it's gone, moved, or the bag it's in is opened I'd know that I might want to rethink the place. I don't think a "test" would be necessary though; I can't see anyone wanting to go through all the weeds and long grass to get to the place.

I'm thinking that this might also help motivate me to get up and out of bed in the morning, since I don't want it sitting outside too long. If it does happen to be gone, no big deal. I'm also bringing a blanket and could lay on that, but the sleep bag would be more comfortable. (I'm planning to spread it out open like a blanket.)

I don't know, part of me thinks that since I'm so indecisive maybe I do need to go over my plan more, maybe I'm not ready, with preparations I mean. Then again my anxiety makes me overthink everything, and this is a huge thing that I really can't mess up, so I'm not surprised that I'd be overthinking now.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, RedFoxSwims, Ἡγησίας and 7 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
The dew will make your sleeping bag wet if you leave it outside overnight.

• Love
Reactions: Homecoming, Ghost2211, Rue89 and 2 others
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
I'm glad you're thinking about this carefully. The better your plan, the better chance you'll find the ending that you're looking for. It's okay and normal to be indecisive, everyone has some of that, especially with your anxiety. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and keeping us updated - I hope doing this helps you with the loneliness even a tiny little bit.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Metalhead, Rue89 and 1 other person
S

Shahanshah

Ctb
Sep 27, 2020
Buy some sleeping pills and mix in dinner,and then u have all night.But remember don't eat meal otherwise you won't be able to perform ctb.

Reactions: Rue89
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
The dew will make your sleeping bag wet if you leave it outside overnight.
I didn't think about that. Thank you.
I won't bring it ahead of time then.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rn110bg101, Ghost2211, Lilacmoon and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Sounds like you've worked out a lot of the details. Your mom might be the major wild card. If she wakes up and you're just gone she might report you missing, or is she more likely to wait and see if you return later?

• Love
Reactions: Lithium and Rue89
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Sounds like you've worked out a lot of the details. Your mom might be the major wild card. If she wakes up and you're just gone she might report you missing, or is she more likely to wait and see if you return later?
She'll probably assume that I went out to play pokemon go, so I'll likely have at least a few hours. I'm just afraid she might call or text me, and get worried when I don't answer. I don't know if she'd report me missing right away. I believe the police can't do anything for either 24 or 48 hours because I'm an adult, unless my mom suspects suicide, which I'm really not sure if she will.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rn110bg101 and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
She'll probably assume that I went out to play pokemon go, so I'll likely have at least a few hours. I'm just afraid she might call or text me, and get worried when I don't answer. I don't know if she'd report me missing right away. I believe the police can't do anything for either 24 or 48 hours because I'm an adult, unless my mom suspects suicide, which I'm really not sure if she will.
You could leave a note on the table saying that you woke up early and felt like doing some pogo and getting air.

Reactions: Lupgevif and Rue89
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
You could leave a note on the table saying that you woke up early and felt like doing some pogo and getting air.
That's a good idea. I think I'll do that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif and Ghost2211
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
My mom went to visit a friend so I took the opportunity to practice how I'll carry all my stuff to my ctb place. I decided it works best to wear the backpack on my back and the drawstring bag over it, then carry my sleeping bag; it's travel bag has a strap to carry it.

My backpack is pretty heavy and uncomfortable, but it should be manageable for a 15 minute walk. I'm glad I practiced this. It put me a tiny bit more at ease about the plan.

• Love
Reactions: Rn110bg101 and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I like and respect your level of planning and preparedness ❤️

• Love
R

RedFoxSwims

Oct 8, 2020
You have a solid 10/10 plan. Better than mine. Kudos to you.

• Love
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
My ear infection isn't getting any better, and I believe it's the cause of my headache. My ear doesn't hurt but there's a constant ringing in it, and it's just a kind of uncomfortable feeling. On the plus side discomfort from SN doesn't sound as bad now. Hopefully this mindset continues.

I believe I was right in thinking that ctb on the weekend won't work. My mom was up early, she did want to go to the farmers market, and there isn't work to distract her on the weekend. I think Mon-Fri is better, as she'll be busy working (she works from home) and shouldn't notice my absence so soon.

I will try to practice waking up at 4am tomorrow, and hopefully sometime next week will work out. I feel a little guilty because I have a cat-sitting job next weekend, but it seems like I always have something going on; there's always some commitment or expectation of me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lilacmoon
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
You sure you don't want to get antibiotics for that ear? There's no need to suffer even if you plan to die, and that will very likely get worse. A bacterial infection is a miserable way to die.

• Love
Reactions: Lilacmoon
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
It's hard trying to find the specific timing to work, isn't it? It feels like there's always some loose end that makes it impossible.

Please try antibiotics, I'd like your last days to be as ear-infection-less as possible :(

Reactions: Ghost2211
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
There is a fine line between carefull planing and overthinking.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and Ghost2211