M

mick1234

Oct 6, 2020
Hello, I got a tank of nitrogen and a regulator at my local air gas store. The regulator they sold me is "Harris 25GX". the gauge on the right measures the tank pressure and the one on the left allows me to Get a reading of the output valve pressure. It gives me readings in PSI or in kPa.

I understand from my research that I need a flow meter (that can measure Lpm) which this regulator can not measure. So my question is would the flow meter replace this regulator?

Or would I connect the flow meter to this regulator?

I did look up that a 1 L bag is about 18x20 cm. so if I want 20 L per minute (60 seconds) And divide by 20 it comes to 3 seconds per L. So cant I just adjust the PSI to fill the 18x20 cm bag so the fill time is 3 seconds? or would This not be accurate enough?

see attached photo. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
33F66D14 2FEC 4F7B ACA0 F59EF7024B61

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question but I hope that you get the help you need. Here's a bump & good luck!

M

mick1234

Oct 6, 2020
Prior to making my post I did a lot of thread searching and saw a few people who had a similar issue as me (gauge was showing Psi not Lpm)

So today at work I spent about 3 hours doing various tests. in the interest of helping others I will report my findings below.

in conclusion, the regulator I have i have needs atleast 10 PSI exiting the valve. If u have 8 psi exiting the valve for example, the visual dial will not even move. You can still lower the regulation by turning the valve however. But you can't get a reading from 10 PSI or lower. And from all the testing today that I did, at 10 PSI the bag fills up way too fast. I made a custom size bag (holds exactly 20L) and 10 psi filled the bag in maybe 20 or 30 seconds.

so I would estimate at 10 PSI that may equal 40Lpm. But that's where the problem is. It's just an estimate. But since I am not 100% sure, after 3 hours of testing, I realized I will buy the flow meter that shows liters per minute. I'm sure with my current meter it would work. But since I'm only 99% sure that I did all calculations right and This is one thing I don't want to fuck up! So I decided to just purchase the correct type of flow meter That shows Lpm!

Last edited:
Reactions: thewalkingdread, enuff, WearyOfStruggling and 1 other person
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Yes, you require an integrated flow regulator for nitrogen with the flow rate set around 15LPM.

Reactions: LifeIsAChore11 and enuff