RedHates

RedHates

Purple is a neut.
Jun 21, 2023
I found myself not needing to come to this site as often because I got a job and money. It made me feel like i was finally doing something with my life. But recently, it has just felt so pointless. The things I want to do in the future seem so far away that it doesn't feel worth waiting for if I have to suffer whilst waiting. idk

• Hugs
Reactions: pole, qsocdu, Forever Sleep and 4 others
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Perhaps you can spend some money and indulge a little if you can afford it. Get drunk, go somewhere nice, or eat at a fancy restuarant, or perhaps simpler things like playing some video games or watching movies.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE, Cloud Busting and 1 other person
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Well, in those times you know you can always come here to vent or just speak with folk who do get what you mean about the pointlessness of it all.
Maybe pop into Recovery Section if you feel the posters there would help more. Sorry I can't be more positive, but best wishes for finding an answer to how you're feeling.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and Cloud Busting
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Yes, there are times when we just feel like a dog chasing it's tail.
Chasing a dream while at the same time having to endure the monotony of life.
I personally can't think of any kind of future.
But, maybe you could try just living in the moment, I know it can help people to think this way.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Cloud Busting
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Life is absolutely pointless and for nothing. I think aspiring for meaning makes those of us with existential crises more depressed because there's nothing to find.

Free yourself from meaning or purpose. This is the only life you're going to live. Either let that depress you, or live out of spite. Life is fucking stupid and confusing and I just embrace that and do whatever feels good cuz im gonna fucking die anyway so why not. Rob banks fuck bitches do whatever enjoy life if you can don't let it defeat you own it like a sissy bitch dominate this hell

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: qsocdu, Deleted member 65988, RedHates and 2 others
RedHates

RedHates

Purple is a neut.
Jun 21, 2023
Perhaps you can spend some money and indulge a little if you can afford it. Get drunk, go somewhere nice, or eat at a fancy restuarant, or perhaps simpler things like playing some video games or watching movies.
I can't go anywhere because I don't have a car but when I do walk somewhere, I get in trouble for leaving the door unlocked. We only have one key and I don't have it. I already play a lot of video games and watch a lot of movies, it does entertain me a lot. But if I buy anything for myself, I get told off that I'm spending too much even though I practically starve at work to save money.
Well, in those times you know you can always come here to vent or just speak with folk who do get what you mean about the pointlessness of it all.
Maybe pop into Recovery Section if you feel the posters there would help more. Sorry I can't be more positive, but best wishes for finding an answer to how you're feeling.
I plan on it. There's no way I can keep doing this shit and not vent.
Yes, there are times when we just feel like a dog chasing it's tail.
Chasing a dream while at the same time having to endure the monotony of life.
I personally can't think of any kind of future.
But, maybe you could try just living in the moment, I know it can help people to think this way.
Growing up, I never even saw myself graduating high school. I literally couldn't imagine or picture it. But I can certainly try.
Life is absolutely pointless and for nothing. I think aspiring for meaning makes those of us with existential crises more depressed because there's nothing to find.

Free yourself from meaning or purpose. This is the only life you're going to live. Either let that depress you, or live out of spite. Life is fucking stupid and confusing and I just embrace that and do whatever feels good cuz im gonna fucking die anyway so why not. Rob banks fuck bitches do whatever enjoy life if you can don't let it defeat you own it like a sissy bitch dominate this hell
That is a good point. There is no point to life so I shouldn't make myself have one. But still, like you said, life is fucking stupid and I completely agree. I just hate that it's come to this point in the first place. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't be at this fucking apartment.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting and WAITING TO DIE
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
@RedHates

Whom do you live with? What would your ideal living situation be?

I'm sorry you work very hard and aren't properly compensated for your efforts. The economy is rough out there for millennials and gen Z. We're kinda screwed. It must be frustrating to have people criticize your financial decisions as an adult.

Like you, and I imagine many people here, I struggle to envision a future for myself. I have ideas of what I would like to achieve, but I doubt if they will come to fruition. Planning long term future goals stresses me out because failed plans disappoint.

I'm reframing things and looking towards fulfillment now. Do my choices and situations bring about contentment? If not, that's a problem to solve.

I would love a world in which no one had to suffer, but I don't know how to go about creating such a fantasy. As it currently stands, suffering is a part of life, but it's also fleeting. Learning how to cope with suffering instead of getting defeated by it is my new aspiration.

It's up to you to decide if the moments of suffering outweighs the moments of good in your life.

RedHates

RedHates

Purple is a neut.
Jun 21, 2023
@RedHates

Whom do you live with? What would your ideal living situation be?

I'm sorry you work very hard and aren't properly compensated for your efforts. The economy is rough out there for millennials and gen Z. We're kinda screwed. It must be frustrating to have people criticize your financial decisions as an adult.

Like you, and I imagine many people here, I struggle to envision a future for myself. I have ideas of what I would like to achieve, but I doubt if they will come to fruition. Planning long term future goals stresses me out because failed plans disappoint.

I'm reframing things and looking towards fulfillment now. Do my choices and situations bring about contentment? If not, that's a problem to solve.

I would love a world in which no one had to suffer, but I don't know how to go about creating such a fantasy. As it currently stands, suffering is a part of life, but it's also fleeting. Learning how to cope with suffering instead of getting defeated by it is my new aspiration.

It's up to you to decide if the moments of suffering outweighs the moments of good in your life.
im living with my half brother that i hate with a firey passion. an ideal living situation would be one where im not yelled at or raped every fucking day.

the previous generations have fucked us over so much that i dont think ill ever be able to get a house for my own. this asshole spends every penny he has and still has the balls to criticize my spending habits.

my plans for the future arent well thought out because i cant even see myself getting to that point. all i know is that im leaving this stupid state when my friend graduates. we will figure out life from there. my end goal is to have a little bit of land to make a small sustainable farm for me and my friends.

im trying to reframe things too because i almost dont want this life to defeat me. i know im stronger than this. its just things are getting to heavy to hold onto.

life is shit and i fucking hate it. atm, the suffering outweighs the good by a long shot. but as soon as i leave this awful place, ill be so much better off.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
im living with my half brother that i hate with a firey passion. an ideal living situation would be one where im not yelled at or raped every fucking day.

the previous generations have fucked us over so much that i dont think ill ever be able to get a house for my own. this asshole spends every penny he has and still has the balls to criticize my spending habits.

my plans for the future arent well thought out because i cant even see myself getting to that point. all i know is that im leaving this stupid state when my friend graduates. we will figure out life from there. my end goal is to have a little bit of land to make a small sustainable farm for me and my friends.

im trying to reframe things too because i almost dont want this life to defeat me. i know im stronger than this. its just things are getting to heavy to hold onto.

life is shit and i fucking hate it. atm, the suffering outweighs the good by a long shot. but as soon as i leave this awful place, ill be so much better off.
): I'm so sorry. have you told the authorities? Could you move into a battered women's shelter perhaps, if you're open to such a suggestion?

I'm so glad you have an opportunity to move to another state. Hopefully your friend is graduating next year. The farm idea is lovely. Do you envision it as a commune of sorts?

I'm 29 and I'm renting a dumpy studio. Honestly most people I know in their late 20s and early 30s are due to rising housing rates. It's ridiculous. Remembering it isn't my fault is helpful for me. I don't know if that's of much use to you.

In your current situation yes, suffering would outweigh any potential joy. I meant in general though. Are moments of joy enough to outweigh universal moments of pain?

As an anecdote, when I was in my early 20s I moved into a residential meth hotel with a guy I barely knew to sever ties with my abusive family. He moved states away with some girl. Fine, aside from the fact I made $10 an hour, wasn't guaranteed 40 hours, and had $350 to my name. I entertained shooting myself in my step fathers garage. I decided I would instead wait until I was 25 to make such a decision.

I felt like such a loser. Somehow I made it though (alcohol probably lol.) I built up credit, a bit of savings, and moved out eventually. Looking back I was not a loser. I was a resilient, resourceful badass who figured shit out in a desolate situation.

I wouldn't say things are much better now. I'm not saying they will be for you. It is incredible how human beings can circumvent such dire straits tho, and it's one of the things I like about life. It's up to you if you want to see conquering suffering as a fun game to play. I oscillate between being determined to win and wanting to quit and jump off a bridge myself.