T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I'm managing to have a more positive outlook, at least today. A lot of it is due to a conversation I had with my ex. Her and her current boyfriend are having issues. As bad as this may sound, it does give me some hope.

I'm also looking into college a little more. Also considering applying to a housekeeper job at a nursing home. It pays $11 an hour and is menial, part-time work, and I'd deal with old people and funky smells I imagine, but i think it'll be better than fast food. Most of the work will likely be laundry, vacuuming, cleaning surfaces. It'll be gross sometimes but I imagine I could get used to it.

My car hasn't given me any trouble recently, so maybe I'm good in regards to that for a while. My cats been giving me more attention than she usually does, I'm just happy in general today.

My ex called me last night telling me how she feels like an afterthought to her current boyfriend and how he's talking to an ex. He actually said to her that she cannot talk to an ex but he can because it's different. I don't know how it is but to him it is. So she called me and talked about it, and I tried to ease her worries, specifically without giving advice. My main role was just actively listening. If they break up, I'm gonna try to reconcile with my ex and try to be better and do better. I might even try to seek more help for mental illness and be more open to medication if I had someone by my side like her supporting me. Either way, I wanted to share my little sliver of hope I got yesterday and how things are looking up.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sulyya, Ultracheese, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
K

kuromi

Mar 3, 2023
That sounds good! I'm glad to hear that and every bad day has a good day. I'm happy to hear that youre hopeful and it does get better:))

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
That sounds good! I'm glad to hear that and every bad day has a good day. I'm happy to hear that youre hopeful and it does get better:))
Thank you! I'm trying to change my outlook recently. I've always been a more pessimistic person, but I'm trying to be an optimist. I hope so, no where to go but up I suppose :)

Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
I hope you're able to get that housekeeper job, and are able to go to college if you decide that's something you want to pursue!

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Thanks for sharing, it's great to hear a positive mindset! I will say that reconciling will be great if you can - but don't hinge your recovery on one person. Sounds like you aren't though as you are making good plans in a few directions.