franklynlb

franklynlb

Oct 13, 2020
So, my shrink send me to the hospital on monday to find a psuchiatrist, to have weekly to eventually monthly sessions and to give me meds for depression apparently or so it's what i've talked with her so far. And tbh, i'm scared.... i feel like i'm giving life another try and another chance at complete failure....

• Hugs
Reactions: MrBigSad, Ghost2211, redbutterfly and 2 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
if you are comfortable enough with the idea and feels like even a little piece of you'd like to recover, than I'd advise you to go.

first appointments are scary as hell, but once it's over you are going to realize it's easier than you imagined. no one is going to judge you or somehow humiliate you. they are there to listen you, and if you are not comfortable, if you feel like you need to stop, and that it's not for you, you can always leave whenever you want to, no one is going to stop you (that's if you do not lead them to believe that you are and imminent treat to yourself).

you are the master of your ship dude. you get to make the calls. don't roll on with it if you feel that you are not ready, go at your own pace. maybe it won't be today, but who knows? it could be that tomorrow you will be ready to give it a try. there is no rush. be faithful to yourself and listen to your own wills. eventually you will find a way.

Reactions: franklynlb, GoodPersonEffed and Ghost2211
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
So, my shrink send me to the hospital on monday to find a psuchiatrist, to have weekly to eventually monthly sessions and to give me meds for depression apparently or so it's what i've talked with her so far. And tbh, i'm scared.... i feel like i'm giving life another try and another chance at complete failure....
It's your decision not theirs. Don't do it if you don't want to. Remember it's always you in the driver's seat, not the shrinks, not the psychiatrists.
Try it out if you want to but do stay very aware at all times of how you feel, about the psychiatrist and about the medications they give you. Stop when it feels wrong.

Reactions: MrBigSad and franklynlb
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
My personal opinion is to avoid like the plague - those meds are poison and many of them actually encourage suicidal thoughts

Reactions: ADruinedmylife, jrums and franklynlb
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I knew someone who was catatonic if he didn't take his meds. He literally could not move, speak or eat.
He was basically a nice normal guy when he was on his meds.
But he would stop taking them every three months, thinking he did not need them, then get taken back to
the mental ward to once again be put on them. He would stay for two or three months at a time in the mental ward
to be treated.
It was a horrible life and finally the catatonia killed him. He had a heart attack from it. I'm sure he is in a better place now.

So it really depends on how badly you need it.

• Aww..
Reactions: ADruinedmylife and franklynlb
franklynlb

franklynlb

Oct 13, 2020
I knew someone who was catatonic if he didn't take his meds. He literally could not move, speak or eat.
He was basically a nice normal guy when he was on his meds.
But he would stop taking them every three months, thinking he did not need them, then get taken back to
the mental ward to once again be put on them. He would stay for two or three months at a time in the mental ward
to be treated.
It was a horrible life and finally the catatonia killed him. He had a heart attack from it. I'm sure he is in a better place now.

So it really depends on how badly you need it.
It's wither giving it a try or ctb at this point, and i guess i'll give it another try, It's that tinny spec of hope inside always bothering me, sometimes i wish i could get rid of it n ctb, i'm pretty tired of suffering...

MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
When you have nothing to lose. You have everything to gain.

• Love
Reactions: BPD Barbie and franklynlb
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Please do your research on any medication they suggest for you. The medication I was given has ruined my life causing severe mental and physical damage to my body. A lot of psychiatrists are experimenting on patients.

• Hugs
Reactions: ADruinedmylife, jrums, franklynlb and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
mental and physical damage to my body. A lot of psychiatrists are experimenting on patients.
My life was destoyed by MAOI anti depressants I did not even need. What I needed was to have my hypothyroidism treated.

• Aww..
Reactions: ADruinedmylife, jrums, rt1989526 and 1 other person
CrazyMary

CrazyMary

Student
Sep 20, 2020
I wouldn´t be scared, if you can do it try it. Been on that road a couple of times. It help, but you need therapy along medication so you can work on the deeper issues.

Reactions: franklynlb
franklynlb

franklynlb

Oct 13, 2020
When you have nothing to lose. You have everything to gain.
I'll write that down near my pc, thanks!
Please do your research on any medication they suggest for you. The medication I was given has ruined my life causing severe mental and physical damage to my body. A lot of psychiatrists are experimenting on patients.
I'll definitly do that, i'm a bit nervous about whatever they might give me, and i'll even thinking about going for a second opinion if i can just to make sure, u know... thanks for the advice!
My life was destoyed by MAOI anti depressants I did not even need. What I needed was to have my hypothyroidism treated.
Sorry to hear that... i'll try to be careful with what they give me actually, but then again, i'm a bit hipocrytical considering the amount of self medication and drug use i do when i feel like shit. But i'll do the research for it anyway.
I wouldn´t be scared, if you can do it try it. Been on that road a couple of times. It help, but you need therapy along medication so you can work on the deeper issues.
Ye, i already go to a shrink, so, i'll do both and hope for the best. Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MrBigSad
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
The only bad bit is if they think you're hours or days away from killing yourself they'll put you in hospital. I've been in 1 good, one kinda bad, one terrible. Loud noise, awful staff, bad food, terrible communication about what they're doing with you, terrible facilities, no access to much of anything. It was as close to a prison as you can get except I wasn't locked in my room at all. Not doing that again, I'll lie like I've never lied before if I see it coming. The plus side is it's easy to avoid, they have so few spaces that you can even say you feel suicidal and not be admitted. They will only admit you if they seem sure you're actively planning your suicide in the very short term.

As for meds, therapy etc, give it a go. You might have some side effects, you might not, often not, until you've tried a few. Eg headache, worsening condition, no sex drive, dry mouth, restlessness, nightmares and night sweats. If you're unlucky it could be bad but it's fairly rare. But they won't tell you, so just be ready. I was one of the unlucky ones and some symptoms lasted 20 years, others were excruciating. Either I was unlucky or it's more common than I think. Oh and you might get side effects coming off, rather than going on.

Please excuse me: F you, NHS, and f Tory scum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Escape Artist and franklynlb
franklynlb

franklynlb

Oct 13, 2020
The only bad bit is if they think you're hours or days away from killing yourself they'll put you in hospital. I've been in 1 good, one kinda bad, one terrible. Loud noise, awful staff, bad food, terrible communication about what they're doing with you, terrible facilities, no access to much of anything. It was as close to a prison as you can get except I wasn't locked in my room at all. Not doing that again, I'll lie like I've never lied before if I see it coming. The plus side is it's easy to avoid, they have so few spaces that you can even say you feel suicidal and not be admitted. They will only admit you if they seem sure you're actively planning your suicide in the very short term.

As for meds, therapy etc, give it a go. You might have some side effects, you might not, often not, until you've tried a few. Eg headache, worsening condition, no sex drive, dry mouth, restlessness. If you're unlucky it could be bad but it's fairly rare. But they won't tell you, so just be ready.

Please excuse me: Fuck you, NHS, and fuck Tory scum.

Ye, i asked my shrink if they could just locked me up in a mental institution, cause i'm going with a note from her to the hospital and the note clearly states suicidal tendencies, and she said if i don't have a major panic attack in the room with em, i'm pretty much off the hook of being locked in. My country's pretty lame with that stuff apparently. And i'm kind of thankful for it right now.
I am scared of the no sex drive tbh... depression already screws with it enough, and having sex with strangers is the only way i have to getting the human contact i desperately need right now... so that would be complete shit for me...

Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Ye, i asked my shrink if they could just locked me up in a mental institution, cause i'm going with a note from her to the hospital and the note clearly states suicidal tendencies, and she said if i don't have a major panic attack in the room with em, i'm pretty much off the hook of being locked in. My country's pretty lame with that stuff apparently. And i'm kind of thankful for it right now.
I am scared of the no sex drive tbh... depression already screws with it enough, and having sex with strangers is the only way i have to getting the human contact i desperately need right now... so that would be complete shit for me...
Well, there are better and worse meds for any side effect, so just tell them that and they'll try to steer you clear of meds that affect sex drive

R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020

SSRI can take away more than the drive. They have made my genitals numb and my urinary tract does not work properly. They can physically change the way your genitals function. My greatest regret is ever taking SSRI. Please understand they could chemically castrate you. For more info Google search "PSSD"

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: ADruinedmylife, franklynlb and Deleted member 22624
Mellowmood

Mellowmood

Oct 13, 2020
Speaking as someone who got psychiatric help I would still recommend to try at least one time for a year. There's a chance that it might work. But dont go with the hope that you will get better. I did that mistake.