LunaXCBN

LunaXCBN

The Best Thing (That Never Happened)
Feb 6, 2023
They all say the same shit over and over and over again

"I'm here for you", "It's going to be okay", "Please get therapy", "Hope you're ok"
It pisses me off, they really have nothing else to say, do they?
I mean I can't blame them, they probably don't understand what I'm even fucking saying. It feels like the sympathy they give is so fucking fake, just like everything else.
Every time I even nudge at the thought of me wanting to kill myself, it's ALWAYS THE SAME FUCKING RESPONSE, EVERY TIME AND IT MAKES ME SO FUCKING MAD
They might be right, but holy shit does it get annoying hearing the same thing over and over again. Maybe I should just keep that shit to myself, they probably don't understand anyway and it's probably a burden for me to talk about it to them, but bottling it up drives me fucking insane.
How can you be there for me when you don't even get it? And no, it's not going to be okay, nothing will until I'm dead. I don't trust therapy, and no I'm not ok. I haven't been for the past 5 years. High school fucking ruined me.
I just want to be done with this shit, but I want to get my shit done first. I can't leave my work undone, that would be disgrace.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Finn_tasia, Forever Sleep, Huntfish34 and 11 others
AloneInCollege

AloneInCollege

The one and only
Mar 7, 2022
I know exactly what you mean! People tend to say the same things over and over, I figure most people don't understand and don't know how to react so say things they heard in media or from someone else.

• Aww..
Reactions: Skathon, BrailleTogepi, LunaXCBN and 1 other person
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Annoying soundbites is how we deal with people now. Ive told to ' keep positive ' even.though this disease is slow at killing me. It may be hard to accept but some people never will get it and maybe expecting other people to get it is not possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollowman, Lost in a Dream, BrailleTogepi and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's just best to not open up about wanting to die at all, such a thing could never be beneficial, I believe that it would usually just make things worse as it would lead to us having our feelings invalidated as well as the possibility of others interfering with suicide plans. And anyway therapy just sounds like a scam. I think that there are so many people in this world who refuse to come to terms with the fact that existence isn't always worth enduring.

• Aww..
Reactions: Hollowman, HybridSpectre, Rational man and 1 other person
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I know how infuriating that can be. I think it was right before I found this website that I nearly started crying when someone who I used to live with told me that I just need to take care of myself. When I found this place I definitely felt some relief in knowing that not everyone thinks like that.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man and LunaXCBN
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
It's annoying to me too, especially when I've already tried seeing 5 different therapists and tried meds to help with depression, but those things only provided temporary fixes that definitely didn't last. Kinda makes the permanent solution sound better, am I right?

The only good thing I can say about therapy, is that once you've done it, you can tell those pro-lifers how many you've seen without success in the hopes that they STFU about it. Not sure how to do that without trying it first though, but even then they're probably going to want you to see more and more therapists until you "find the right one". At this point, it's much safer to keep the suicidal thoughts to myself and just laugh when someone suggests therapy to me again, especially those online therapists from "Better Help" I keep hearing about in advertisements lol. What a crock of shit.

• Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Rational man and LunaXCBN
LunaXCBN

LunaXCBN

Feb 6, 2023
I know how infuriating that can be. I think it was right before I found this website that I nearly started crying when someone who I used to live with told me that I just need to take care of myself. When I found this place I definitely felt some relief in knowing that not everyone thinks like that.
Oh good lord, the "please take care of yourself" is a big one too
It really is rooted in them not understanding. I would've already taken care of myself if I knew how to. The only way I know is to end it all, which I'm not ready to do.

Glad you could find some relief here, as did I.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man
TraurigerClown

TraurigerClown

Dec 13, 2022
I feel the same....every Time the same Phrases, even from ppl who tend to have the same "problems"!
Its so sickening that no one will understand or care about what youre going thru or accept that you want to fucking die....no....better tell sam phrases over and over for 120263142341 times.....

• Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Rational man
LunaXCBN

LunaXCBN

Feb 6, 2023
I feel the same....every Time the same Phrases, even from ppl who tend to have the same "problems"!
Its so sickening that no one will understand or care about what youre going thru or accept that you want to fucking die....no....better tell sam phrases over and over for 120263142341 times.....
I used to be one of them when I first started getting depressed and suicidal. Later on as I started losing hope in everything and everyone, I realized that those phrases mean fucking nothing. Actions, not words, and for some, actions don't do jackshit.

They may have the same problems as us, but they clearly have hope left which I kind of envy. Either hope or ignorance.

Reactions: Hollowman, Lost in a Dream and TraurigerClown
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
Envixit0, your feelings are completely valid I think.
Understanding others is hard but I at least try to do.
I don't know if it's applicable to you but I would feel supported when someone gave me carefully personalized words for me.
If I didn't know what to say to someone who suffer but thought I want to support them, I would ask questions: Why do you suffer? Is there anything I can do? I WANT to know your feelings...
Cookie-cutter responses do the opposite so it's infuriating. How do you think?

Even when they have hope which you don't have, they could still try to be in your shoes. True friends will do that. They are rare, but they might exist on this forum.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep and LunaXCBN
LunaXCBN

LunaXCBN

Feb 6, 2023
Envixit0, your feelings are completely valid I think.
Understanding others is hard but I at least try to do.
I don't know if it's applicable to you but I would feel supported when someone gave me carefully personalized words for me.
If I didn't know what to say to someone who suffer but thought I want to support them, I would ask questions: Why do you suffer? Is there anything I can do? I WANT to know your feelings...
Cookie-cutter responses do the opposite so it's infuriating. How do you think?

Even when they have hope which you don't have, they could still try to be in your shoes. True friends will do that. They are rare, but they might exist on this forum.

I have pretty much given up on anyone trying to help me. Possibly a side effect of me walking this planet alone for all these years. I have a hard time accepting help, although it doesn't annoy me when someone is trying to be genuine. I can tell when someone is trying to be of genuine help and all I can do is feel bad because I know they can't help me. No one but a professional can, and I don't trust those.

People who give generic, cookie-cutter responses piss me off real bad. Even the thought of them puts me in borderline rage.
Very few actually ask me why I suffer, which is interesting. They hope I don't, but don't ask why I do. I have one friend who does ask me why, which I appreciate heavily.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and LoiteringClouds
Sargasso

Sargasso

Feb 9, 2023
I have pretty much given up on anyone trying to help me. Possibly a side effect of me walking this planet alone for all these years. I have a hard time accepting help, although it doesn't annoy me when someone is trying to be genuine. I can tell when someone is trying to be of genuine help and all I can do is feel bad because I know they can't help me. No one but a professional can, and I don't trust those.

People who give generic, cookie-cutter responses piss me off real bad. Even the thought of them puts me in borderline rage.
Very few actually ask me why I suffer, which is interesting. They hope I don't, but don't ask why I do. I have one friend who does ask me why, which I appreciate heavily.
It is not worth it to talk to others about these things that we feel. Often times they lack the capability of understanding the gravity of what you are dealing with and are only looking to help insofar as to give themselves an excuse for when you CTB that they tried to help you.

I genuinely would want to talk to the few people I have in my life that would listen, but I fear that the second they realize that I am serious and have a means of ending it they will call the police to get me institutionalized with my weapons removed.

• Informative
Reactions: LunaXCBN, Sadgirldaisy and LoiteringClouds
S

Sadgirldaisy

Student
Dec 26, 2022
It's exhausting. It would almost feel better to have them say nothing at all. I want to believe they're coming from a good place, but it just feels forced, like they have to say *something* to "help", even if they don't really mean it.

Reactions: LunaXCBN
LunaXCBN

LunaXCBN

Feb 6, 2023
It's exhausting. It would almost feel better to have them say nothing at all. I want to believe they're coming from a good place, but it just feels forced, like they have to say *something* to "help", even if they don't really mean it.
I'm sure most of them mean well, I won't deny that. But holy shit it is really annoying when they have nothing worthwhile to say.

Reactions: Sadgirldaisy