Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Yep I'm 26 and I've never ever had a relationship.

I did go out on a couple dates when I was younger but back then I was way to damn awkward. I had a couple girls liked me, had unrequited love, and they all fell flat.

Im probably sounding weird right now or some shit but I never had any of real relationship experiences.

I'm exposing myself but screw it because we're human and I don't give a damn what anyone thinks.

It's possible I could die alone and never find anyone but maybe that's okay. I don't know what to feel or think about this.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: ocd is bad
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
There's pros and cons to relationships. The best part of a relationship is the friendship, sex, and these two things coupled together. However, a lot of relationships fall apart because of lack of depth and lead to bad feelings. You have to weigh your options. I, personally, think you shouldn't worry about never finding someone. I would rather never have a relationship than have a bad one or bad ones. I want to always hope that I'll meet my one true, meant to be, soulmate, but won't be disappointed if I never do. If your concern is to feel what it's like to have sex, there's people out there who want obligation-free sex. You just have to know where to look.

Reactions: agentgeez and Joey
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
There's pros and cons to relationships. The best part of a relationship is the friendship, sex, and these two things coupled together. However, a lot of relationships fall apart because of lack of depth and lead to bad feelings. You have to weigh your options. I, personally, think you shouldn't worry about never finding someone. I would rather never have a relationship than have a bad one or bad ones. I want to always hope that I'll meet my one true, meant to be, soulmate, but won't be disappointed if I never do. If your concern is to feel what it's like to have sex, there's people out there who want obligation-free sex. You just have to know where to look.
Well it's really a gamble, more than anything. I don't even know if I want kids and there's others that do and what not. Everything is just so confusing and to be honest, I'd rather risk about everything in a real relationship and carefully plan it and have it all work out and then have it all end.

I'd rather love and lost than rather not love at all. Maybe it is a good thing that I haven't done none of that shit yet. We'll see how life plays out.

You make some good points.

agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
Depends on your view of love, I'd say. You might say that a relationship with someone who you're not going to be with for the rest of your lives/forever is a waste. That's why one might rather not love at all than to have loved and lost; they might go as far as to say that they haven't lost anything, and that in fact they've only wasted time and affection they should have given to the one. But others might view love as a moment or a fleeting feeling, where it doesn't really matter who it's with as long as you're feeling it and having fun. So loving and losing would be better because at least you felt love in the moment. And if you view love as something you need to be good at in order to 'properly experience it' (and as something you can train for future partners), then you might value the experience of going through relationships too.

Reactions: FusRohDracarys
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I've accepted dying alone whether than be very soon due to suicide or after a full normal life.

ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
For a lot of people being in a relationship is just a normal thing, so I can see how it can be very hard and upsetting not experiencing this, especially when people treat love and sex like they're the best things in life. I wish you luck in finding someone who makes you happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 17949