TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
When I was a kid, I couldn't wait to grow up. I'm not a grown-up yet, but I wish I could still be a child. I really don't want to work or deal with this world. I can't imagine the next fifty or so years being anything but a gray river with me being a mere driftwood floating in it. Soon there's my military service, there's the economic effects of the pandemic... I only get somewhat motivated to go on when I think about shows I still haven't watched. Depressing.

I should have it pretty good, but I don't even feel anything. Anger is my most common emotion, and there's not much of that either. I feel like a moai statue.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: strand, 262653, Green Destiny and 6 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
When I was a kid, I couldn't wait to grow up. I'm not a grown-up yet, but I wish I could still be a child. I really don't want to work or deal with this world. I can't imagine the next fifty or so years being anything but a gray river with me being a mere driftwood floating in it. Soon there's my military service, there's the economic effects of the pandemic... I only get somewhat motivated to go on when I think about shows I still haven't watched. Depressing.

I should have it pretty good, but I don't even feel anything. Anger is my most common emotion, and there's not much of that either. I feel like a moai statue.
There are other ways of life, than just what is "normal" it depends a bit of what you want, or are willing to work for or not.
:) im way older then you, but the thought of working myself to dead for a house where i don't feel at home in suffocates me.

Friends of mine started their own little world, bought a little piece of land in a remote area in Spain, build their own earth house and huge vegetable garden. For other shoppings they drive to a city once a month. They say its not always easy, but the freedom they experience is worth a lot.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and TheSoulless
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
There are other ways of life, than just what is "normal" it depends a bit of what you want, or are willing to work for or not.
:) im way older then you, but the thought of working myself to dead for a house where i don't feel at home in suffocates me.

Friends of mine started their own little world, bought a little piece of land in a remote area in Spain, build their own earth house and huge vegetable garden. For other shoppings they drive to a city once a month. They say its not always easy, but the freedom they experience is worth a lot.
That kind of lifestyle used to be fascinating to me, but I haven't even thought about it in recent years. That might actually be really good.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie
Q

qwerty32

I tried.
Apr 13, 2020
"There's nothing to look forward to"

I think at point of my life I had that kind of mind set and I wasn't thinking of CTB. I was in school or working and just went through day by day. I was single so I had so much time to myself. Occasionally I hung out with friends. I mostly engross myself in activities. One thing I was really great at is martial arts and I've dedicated myself to it in many styles. Video games I played a lot and what I love to do is take long walks where when I come home late at night, I get off my bus/subway stop earlier than usual so I could enjoy the night walk.

I guess what I'm trying to say is do something that makes you feel good in the present instead of constantly looking to the future. That's my advice from my experience of life :)