Kawaii_Shoujo215

Kawaii_Shoujo215

Eternal Torment of Thy Flesh-Prison
Jul 27, 2022
I learned long ago that there's absolutely no point in talking to people. Doctors, psychiatrists, family, friends, it doesn't matter, they never listen. Always dismiss any legitimate criticism and hatred of life as "chemical imbalance in you brain 🤓 " or on the basis that since you're depressed, you don't see the world and life the "right" way and need to be fixed. Because clearly I'm incapable of thinking clearly and rationally and just need to "enjoy life", despite every step of the way being endless striving, work, and suffering. I've already gone over this in my first post, but I can't take being a sentient bag of decaying meat any longer. I just want peace, and people's selfish delusions prevent me from reaching it. They seem to prefer taking others hostage over respecting someone's decision to end their own life.

Long story short, talking to other humans has proven itself to be a waste of breath and energy, atleast to me. No matter what I think or say, it doesn't change the fact that my words always seem to fly over their head. I'm so tired of this.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lynx., ksp, lessonlearned and 18 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I agree that it's pointless arguing with people who don't want to be objective. People tend to be wrapped up in theirselves, quick to believe their assumptions and unprepared to question them. Ignorant is the term. We're a horrible and idiotic species sometimes. Wonderful on one hand. Disgusting on the other.

Reactions: obafgkm, tiny_dancer, rationaltake and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I agree with this. People will never be able to understand as they are not in a similar situation and if you open up about your suffering it's likely that you will just get invalidated in some way. To me, wanting suicide is a rational response to seeing the world for what it really is, I simply don't see life as being worth living and there is nothing wrong with that. It just frustrates me the view that society has that wanting suicide is always irrational and must be prevented in every single case. Suicide should be respected as a personal choice.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, tiny_dancer, Shivali and 4 others
Finding Sirius

Finding Sirius

The brightest lights cast the darkest shadows
Aug 16, 2022
Oh come on, you just need to think on the bright side. Things will get better, you just have to keep trying! It's soooo easy, just put in the work! 🙃

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Doctor have the need to motivate their existence. They need to show they can fix things and when that fails they blame you. Same for parents, they have the social pressure to educate you and to care for you, so accepting that you are beyond help is like a failure for them. Friends... idk some would like to help but do not know how, some just play a script. I would like to be really understood by a person IRL but that seems quite impossible. No, you are right there is not point in expecting any support from other people. I am in this forum since two days and I have found (mostly) more support than in the last two years.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, tiny_dancer, Astral Storm and 1 other person
Astral Storm

Astral Storm

Existence hurts too much
Aug 10, 2022
This is so true. Even if I carefully explain this longing I have for elsewhere, they still won't get it. I am just tired of being seen as an insane person when I bring up the inheritent cruelty, suffering and violence in life.

Reactions: Shinobi
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
Yeah there is no point in arguing, other people will never experience what you have experienced. I had hope and longing of finding a like minded soul I could be myself with, who understands me and would be on the same side as me. But the reality is that we are all self absorbed and can only speak for ourselves. Even on here, although we may agree generally on the topic of CTB, we all have our own subtle differences in how we view it. Or we will have different opinions on many other topics we can come up with. Losing that hope has made me feel a dreadful anxiety of being totally alone in this world, that there is no one out there to help.

Reactions: TigerFestival, Kawaii_Shoujo215 and tiny_dancer
tiny_dancer

tiny_dancer

Student
Aug 23, 2022
Yes, absolutely. Nobody wants to listen to truly understand, just to give their opinions on how you should think and feel. And that obviously you are wrong for feeling the way you do, regardless of the reasons why. This is a very isolating journey and I've come to the hard realization just how alone we really are.

Reactions: Kawaii_Shoujo215
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I believe that it scares people to talk about real world concerns. They don't want to get to the root of the problems. They just prefer to put a cheap plaster on it and call it a day. We have failed as a species. At least, that's how I see it.

Reactions: Kawaii_Shoujo215