Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
Apologies for making another pointless post of mine again today, I got a lot on my mind and need to let the steam out so to speak. I just don't know how to navigate the mental gymnastics of dealing with a dysfunctional family. It's that's simple yet just so fucking hard. Like I constantly compare myself and wonder how dysfunctional are most families? Is my family one of the worst? At this point I get seriously embarrassed and ashamed that I am part of something I can't control. You can't have the ability to choose the family you are born with. All I want is a peaceful drama free life but that's too much to ask for. They say blood may be thicker than water, but that what happens when that blood is poison? I feel an indescribable nausea almost existential that this is just how things are and you can't get any explanation as to why things are the way they are.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beyond_Repair, Anon7b8, CTB Dream and 5 others
Hunterer

Hunterer

May 13, 2024
I understand you, I know what you are going through. Unfortunately, I was also born into a dysfunctional family, full of problems in many aspects. I personally am tired of the family environment in which I am forced to live every day. It is not a truly healthy environment and is full of instability, and since I do not have the money to leave and move, I am forced to deal with this practically every day. But fortunately, i will ctb soon...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: CTB Dream, Sannti and Circles
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
Was just thinking how my family crest or motto would be 'Always making something out of nothing'. Laughable if not so senseless. But I guess that's thing about making any sense in a senseless world is that you have no control other than your own actions and reactions, but even that feels somewhat impossible at times.

• Hugs
Reactions: Anon7b8 and CTB Dream
A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
Can't say i understand your situation, but I'm also in a similar state. Either we strap up for the long ride, find a way to leave, or end things.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles