bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
Recently (gawdammit.)

Yep.
Before you reply to a post, check out the history of that persons posts. You may spot a do-gooder and can then add them to your 'ignore' file.

Have a nice day x

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, not-2-b-the-answer, Trashcan and 15 others
A

atwasoa

Aug 5, 2018
Why ignore when we can ban:halo:

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, not-2-b-the-answer, Trashcan and 12 others
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
Yes indeed. If they are an obvious one then just hit the report post button. Some are a little more subtle so need a sharp eye to spot them.
Like a Buzzard in a high tree seeing a wriggly worm pop up in a freshly plowed field.

IMG 20180904 225709

Reactions: frank630, BlackDragonof1989, not-2-b-the-answer and 9 others
skitliv

skitliv

Le mort joyeux
Jul 11, 2018
Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, not-2-b-the-answer, Trashcan and 5 others
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Pro-life asshats should leave us alone.

Reactions: GreenLantern, BlackDragonof1989, Ashpac and 16 others
T

Tiburcio

That "help" they say to offer is not good at all. We only feel judgement after it and our choices and personal circumstances distespected. How that helps?

Reactions: LastLeg, Nzbeelover, BlackDragonof1989 and 12 others
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
If they want to help bye me 1000cc of nitrogen and 500mic of lsd

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, Dani Paradox, Lady Lunafreya and 11 others
Lowri

Lowri

Jun 19, 2018
Also consider the report button if the person is solely here to dissuade people from suicide.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, Lady Lunafreya, Trashcan and 8 others
Marystevenson1001

Marystevenson1001

Aug 17, 2018
As the optimistic person that I'm not, I'll say this: the one thing I am grateful for with their presence is I get frequent reminders of what's wrong with the world, the mental health system and "helpers" in general. It's literally opposite of help and the equivalent of shaming and judgement. And that's how I know my choice (to ctb) is the right one. So thank you for that you do gooders!

Last edited:
Reactions: tearsinrain, BlackDragonof1989, bbq1 and 12 others
S

Speedhax

Aug 29, 2018
I appreciate the sentiment but if you feel intense emotional pain all day it's hard to justify your own life.

Wanna know the last time I laughed for real? Years? Wanna know the last time I smiled for real? Years.

I can't fake it anymore.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, bbq1, not-2-b-the-answer and 9 others
G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
Damn, I love this place. All my life I've looked for someone who wanted to die. I've never met anyone who did. I thought my sister did, but she doesn't. She's got friends and pets, and worst of all is actually scared of cancer. Scared of cancer? I want cancer now so I can go ahead and blow my head off without giving a damn. I'll get it soon enough.

Reactions: Marz, Livinginhell, BlackDragonof1989 and 11 others
Kev

Kev

Student
Aug 18, 2018
Maybe I'm not as gung-ho as the others on this forum about how "suicide is the only option". I believe it's worth it to try and work towards being happy but if there is no chance of that happening or it would require such monumental effort that you simply cannot put forth, then suicide is a favorable option to a life of suffering.

You have to understand they cannot even fathom what we have gone through, many of us for years, some of us for decades. There is absolutely no way to understand it unless you have been in that position. They can't see suicide as a rational decision that we contemplate for hours and days and months and years. They are clearly not coming from a place of malice, but rather a place of ignorance.

Don't get me wrong, their useless platitudes annoy me as much as anyone else, but I don't think we should be antagonizing them. They want the same thing we all want for ourselves: a good and happy life. The only difference is their narrow perspective makes them think that the desired outcomes are: good, happy life > or a life of suffering. We see it as: good happy life > death > life full of suffering.

I think a lot of us here get caught up in the suicide circle jerk in that we forget that a happy life is better than suicide. Suicide is a choice, but we forget that sometimes suicide can be the wrong decision. If a member has decided that their life cannot improve and they want to end their life, then we respect that decision and offer support and advice. If a member is contemplating ending their life because they are not sure if their life can improve, we should also offer support and advice on how to improve their lives first, and end their lives second. We are the only ones who understand what it is like, so we are the best people to help and support each other.

This forum has actually helped me because it is truly amazing to be able to talk and interact with a community of people who actually get it, when for years, I had no one to talk to who understood. This forum could be used as a tool for both facilitating the ending of a life, but also facilitating the improvement of a life, but only if we recognize that suicide can sometimes be the wrong decision.

It's like the difference between being pro-choice and pro-abortion. Obviously in a fairy tale wonderland world no one would need an abortion, but in reality shit happens and people need the option so they don't unnecessarily suffer; same with suicide. This is a pro-choice forum, not a pro-suicide forum.

Reactions: Nofaith, solacely, tearsinrain and 13 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
To all the pro-lifers in this forum.

Challengeme

Reactions: FadedMemory, Smilla, Marystevenson1001 and 17 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
The straightforward prolifers are easy to find. But the ones who are in disguise and sometimes say they'll ctb while they'll never do are the real pain. I was interacting with a member who suddenly becomes a prolifer and saying bad words about the forum and its members. that really was a backstab.

I think I should avoid humans anyway, I just need to find a way then leave. Fuck this species

Reactions: Smilla, frank630, BlackDragonof1989 and 11 others
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
Agreed. I have been lurking on and off for a while before I finally joined and it does seem to be a sudden increase of pro-lifers.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Agreed. I have been lurking on and off for a while before I finally joined and it does seem to be a sudden increase of pro-lifers.
Most came from a different forum. I myself actually but I am serious about ctb. I had a failed attempt recently which drove me here.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Recently (gawdammit.)

Yep.
Before you reply to a post, check out the history of that persons posts. You may spot a do-gooder and can then add them to your 'ignore' file.

Have a nice day x

I usually just ignore posts like that anyway. ;)

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Tiburcio and 1 other person
FairyAlys

FairyAlys

Aug 7, 2018
I feel sad that so many people have been brought here, especially the young( apologies if that seems patronising, it isn't meant in that way).

Choosing to die is the ultimate life choice and it should be respected.

I'll never understand why some people feel it's their right to interfere in others' lives.

Please go away.

Reactions: Smilla, GoneSeptember2018, BlackDragonof1989 and 9 others
B

Bringmepeace

Sep 1, 2018
I said this in another post too, it's our choice at the end of the day, I have been called selfish before (due to a previous attempt) but I think it is them that are selfish for wanting us to stay, they don't understand that we are not staying for their benefit, we are going for ours.

Reactions: Trashcan, Marystevenson1001, NoHope and 7 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I said this in another post too, it's our choice at the end of the day, I have been called selfish before (due to a previous attempt) but I think it is them that are selfish for wanting us to stay, they don't understand that we are not staying for their benefit, we are going for ours.
Yes, I agree. People are extremely selfish. They all want to force us to suffer just so they don't have to see us go. But are they here for us in our misery? No, we're a burden on everyone around us..

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Smilla, Trashcan and 6 others
B

Bringmepeace

Sep 1, 2018
Exactly they don't care if we constantly suffer just as long as they are happy and consequently happy to carry on ignoring us like we don't even exist, sorry this hits close to me and makes me father angry, I have been thrown to the sidelines all my life, even when I started my own Decorating business they only cared about my 2 sisters more

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, BlackDragonof1989, Tiburcio and 1 other person
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Exactly they don't care if we constantly suffer just as long as they are happy and consequently happy to carry on ignoring us like we don't even exist, sorry this hits close to me and makes me father angry, I have been thrown to the sidelines all my life, even when I started my own Decorating business they only cared about my 2 sisters more
:(

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989 and Tiburcio
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Reactions: FadedMemory, Smilla, not-2-b-the-answer and 9 others
B

Bringmepeace

Sep 1, 2018
I'm nearly their, started to write my note last night, was actually very calming and it actually felt right. Going to tell them about their selfishness in it though that my contour existence is not just to make them feel better at my expense, all I need after is the right location whether that is a tent or my bathroom I don't know yet

Reactions: lv-gras, BlackDragonof1989, Dani Paradox and 1 other person
BlackDragonof1989

BlackDragonof1989

Mage
Jul 12, 2018
Also I think some pro-lifers, I have struggled with this at time, fear some supernatural recompense if they don't try to stop would-be suiciders, but as someone mentioned above, a lot of it also comes from ignorance and inability to truly empathize. I'm a semi do gooder but I have developed a more empathy than I've ever had before in this past year or two for those who suicide as life has become increasingly difficult for me at times. Indeed I don't think a lot of pro-lifers understand the depth of pain that drives people to suicide, I still only know it partially, as I've never attempted.

I hope not to be banned myself eventually, but if I come off as annoyingly pro-life or do-gooder I couldn't blame people, but I find this place as well very comforting when I feel alone in my pain, but do feel a bit guilty as I have people who care for me and so it's more of a supplement for me though I am still far from a fully functioning member of society. At the end of the day I suppose I'm uneasy about suicide, but I can see why people do it, though I can only empathize to a degree due to my lack of complete pain as of yet to drive me to the point, and also I am pro free choice, and my rational mind sees it at ridiculous that people would be punished in some hereafter for suiciding, and those who fail to stop them be punished as well.

The responsibility starts with the parents who choose to procreate, it's not like they were held by some will that was not their own, but then again, I've never procreated, but I'm pretty sure that's a fair statement. Too much responsibility pushed off onto the procreated, I feel, rather than the procreators. Sink or swim world at the end of the day, I bet many homeless will tell you this.

Reactions: lv-gras, Tiburcio and RoloTomasi
Jaguar

Jaguar

Sep 5, 2018
What's a do gooder?

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989
M

Mr2004

Student
Aug 20, 2018
Damn, I love this place. All my life I've looked for someone who wanted to die. I've never met anyone who did. I thought my sister did, but she doesn't. She's got friends and pets, and worst of all is actually scared of cancer. Scared of cancer? I want cancer now so I can go ahead and blow my head off without giving a damn. I'll get it soon enough.
I think I might. I don't really want to find out. I just want the gun

Reactions: lv-gras
M

Mr2004

Student
Aug 20, 2018
If there's an increase in pro lifers telling people not to do it presumably there's also an increase in people that might not mean it. One tends to lead to the other

Reactions: Jaguar and Deutsch