Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I can feel it. Some sick fuckers here. It actually makes me more suicidal. That's probably the point. Their interest in suicide isn't their own. Means they have bigger problems than us really but they make their problems everyones. They are what's wrong with the world. I've already talked about how this place is bad for my mental health but I'd worry what would happen if I wasn't here. Lots of vulnerable people easy to exploit

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, K-O, Hexen and 18 others
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
I had just made a recent post on someone's behavior yesterday.

Reactions: puppy9, Brackenshire, highlyvolatile and 8 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
It's always been and always will be this way. This is, in part, what accounts for people leaving after a while, in my opinion.
Also, there's only so many times you can reply to a post asking "What do you think happens after death?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Soul, highlyvolatile, one4all and 8 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I do believe you are correct. If you think on it, it's to be expected. There are genuine people on here but there are also parasites. I mean, if I were a sick parasitic narcissist looking to feed of other people's misery, where on the internet would I go? And how easy would it be to take of advantage of people's vulnerability?

Very.

And often intelligence is little guard against exploitation. It's emotional vulnerability that can easily be exploited. I've posted before, it's likely that I was once on the receiving end of such a ploy. I hope I've learned to be cautious without falling to paranoia.

The whole polarised Pro-choice/Pro-life argument is disingenuous at best. It's not as simple as either side makes out, there are complex issues and valid arguments on both sides. If you think this place is a shining beacon of light and support where no harm ever takes place then you are a fool. And if you think blindly trusting doctors who will preserve your life at all costs only to leave you alone to rot once they have parachuted in to save you, then you are also a fool.
If that seem like sitting on the fence. Tough, that's how life works. It's complex, and if it wasn't, half us us wouldn't be here.

In life there is potential and that is a double edged sword. Wherever there is great potential for help there is a corresponding potential for harm also. This place is no different to anywhere else. And there is a cross section of the world' society here. I don't actually think I've seen anywhere with such a wide representation of every possible corner of humanity. So there are going to be 'bad apples.'

The best anyone that uses these forums can do is watch out for each other. There are ways to be cautious, but I'd never post any of them in open forum for all to see.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Red, KiraLittleOwl and 15 others
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Every forum has trolls. Just ignore them and they'll leave or get banned. We don't have time for that. A lot of people want this place shut down so I'm surprised there aren't more of them.

Reactions: Skathon, one4all, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
C

Cjaf

Mar 8, 2020
It's not easy but it's important to have a filter to protect yourself against harmful people. There will always be nasty losers online and irl. If you think this forum is more harmful than helpful, it's probably good to take some time off from this place. It's not okay this place makes you more suicidal. Please be careful and put yourself first. And don't be afraid to tell people to go f*ck themselves if they act like sick fucks.

I know, easier said than done.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, Brick In The Wall, Wolfjob_dayjob and 1 other person
P

palatinus

Mar 7, 2020
I had just made a recent post on someone's behavior yesterday.
And a great post it was. I'm not holding my breath for a rebuttal.

Regarding emotional vulnerability, per @Underscore , part of that is "for a con to work, the victim has to want to believe it." Also, that was hilarious what you said about doctors absenting themselves after parachuting in.

@Broken Chimera makes the point I was already thinking: I'm surprised that it's not WAY worse

Reactions: Huntfish34, Brick In The Wall, Broken Chimera and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
In response to the title/OP, and to @Mr2005:

I think some of the underbelly would be lightened if there weren't a partners thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Élégie, Brackenshire, Iwanttooffmyself and 6 others
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I can feel it. Some sick fuckers here. It actually makes me more suicidal. That's probably the point. Their interest in suicide isn't their own. Means they have bigger problems than us really but they make their problems everyones. They are what's wrong with the world. I've already talked about how this place is bad for my mental health but I'd worry what would happen if I wasn't here. Lots of vulnerable people easy to exploit
Correct. That is what the block button is for. Simple solution. Oh... and I want you here. Don't let anybody upset you or chase you away. You are family. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: PoisonedJuliet, Mr2005, issyishere and 1 other person
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019

How come I see people talk about pro-lifers being in this forum in addition to "sick fuckers" but I never notice any of these people?

I mean I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just never notice these kinds of people making posts.

Does my autism make me even more naive and trusting of people than I am aware of?

I wonder if there's some kind of condition for people that makes it hard for them to judge the character/intentions of other people. Because I don't think I'm the greatest judge of character, I pretty much just assume most people are good, smarter, and better than me.

Also if this place makes you feel gross you can take a break for a while. Sometimes I go like a week or so without going on this website, no particular reason for me besides sometimes I feel like talking on here and sometimes I just don't.

In response to the title/OP, and to @Mr2005:

I think some of the underbelly would be lightened if there weren't a partners thread.

What exactly do bad people want to do to their "partners"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr2005 and Brick In The Wall
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
How come I see people talk about pro-lifers being in this forum in addition to "sick fuckers" but I never notice any of these people?

I mean I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just never notice these kinds of people making posts.

Does my autism make me even more naive and trusting of people than I am aware of?
They were here and now they've gone (so it seems). There were a bunch of trolling threads and odd behaviour patterns at around the time of quote a big influx of new accounts and and a signifucant increase in lurkers.
It's a safe bet there are still embedded users with dishonest agenda. The cleverer ones adapt their behaviour to fit in.

Reactions: Sensei, Mr2005 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
They were here and now they've gone (so it seems). There were a bunch of trolling threads and odd behaviour patterns at around the time of quote a big influx of new accounts and and a signifucant increase in lurkers.
It's a safe bet there are still embedded users with dishonest agenda. The cleverer ones adapt their behaviour to fit in.
There's always an influx when a documentary or article talks about this place. You can almost tell when we've been mentioned by the guest count alone.

waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019

What were they saying/talking about?

I must have avoided those threads, some threads I avoid.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
What were they saying/talking about?

I must have avoided those threads, some threads I avoid.
There was a clear pattern, though I'm not going to divulge in open forum just in case.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020

Also if this place makes you feel gross you can take a break for a while. Sometimes I go like a week or so without going on this website, no particular reason for me besides sometimes I feel like talking on here and sometimes I just don't.

What exactly do bad people want to do to their "partners"?

In reference to another thread, "I could teach you, but I'd have to charge." :pfff:

I think it's quite conceivable that your autism and honesty keep you from being aware of things. Remember that thread where I exhorted you to act in one way, and you so beautifully responded with your perspective? I thought afterward, "He is someone I would feel safe to have around, but I would also be on guard to protect him in addition to myself."

You can always PM people who you deem trustworthy enough to ask to give you their perspectives on the behaviors of folks pointed out as "sick fuckers," and of course come to your own conclusions.

A while back I posted a thread in Offtopic, Manipulation Tactics. @thrw_a_way1221221 commented there that he bookmarked it because it helped him recognize normie behaviors. You might find it useful.

• Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile, Mm80, Mr2005 and 2 others
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
In reference to another thread, "I could teach you, but I'd have to charge." :pfff:

I think it's quite conceivable that your autism and honesty keep you from being aware of things. Remember that thread where I exhorted you to act in one way, and you so beautifully responded with your perspective? I thought afterward, "He is someone I would feel safe to have around, but I would also be on guard to protect him in addition to myself."

You can always PM people who you deem trustworthy enough to ask to give you their perspectives on the behaviors of folks pointed out as "sick fuckers," and of course come to your own conclusions.

A while back I posted a thread in Offtopic, Manipulation Tactics. @thrw_a_way1221221 commented there that he bookmarked it because it helped him recognize normie behaviors. You might find it useful.

Yes I remember that thread, I liked our exchange very much. I'm not surprised that you're a lawyer, you're a smart and thoughtful person who appreciates in depth discussions and detailed answers. You also seem like a curious person as well, always wanting to hear the perspectives of other people even people you may disagree with. That's a trait of a good person who wants to hear multiple perspectives so they can grow as a person and learn more about the world. Most people aren't like that.

Really you felt that way towards me? That makes me feel good, that is such a heart warming thing to hear someone say to me. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say explicitly they feel safe around me and that they also feel protective over me <3

Wow thank you so much, your reply just made my day, I'm going to have a good day today because of you =D

• Love
Reactions: Mm80, Mr2005, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
"The best anyone that uses these forums can do is watch out for each other."

Wise words & I could not agree more @Underscore

@GoodPersonEffed @waterbottleman

"Wow thank you so much, your reply just made my day, I'm going to have a good day today because of you =D"

You two are having such a lovely exchange. Suddenly I felt some hope in the goodness of humanity, if only for a flash of a second!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Red, Sensei, _milo and 2 others
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR!!!!!

Reactions: Mr2005
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm a hot potato

• Love
Reactions: Soul, highlyvolatile, Mr2005 and 4 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
@waterbottleman, thank you, I really enjoyed reading how you perceive me. It's gratifying and heartwarming that my true intentions are recognized and received through my actions. I'm not a lawyer, though, that was a joke I made and now the misperception persists across threads. Why doesn't anyone ask me for dental advice as well???? :pfff:

So glad I made a positive impact on your day. You made a big one on mine, too. That post is going on a place of honor in my bookmarks. :heart:

Reactions: Mr2005, waterbottleman and Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Lol dentist. I shall remember that for later use.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Lol dentist. I shall remember that for later use.

I'm quivering with excitement, and simultaneously scurred.

@waterbottleman yes, I really felt that way. I don't bullshit....except for that lawyer/dentist thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018

@waterbottleman yes, I really felt that way. I don't bullshit....except for that lawyer/dentist thing.
When people at work used to ask me if I was exited by a project, I'd often reply...
'Exited? I'm positively dilated! Er...I mean delighted!'
They often used to back away.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Soul and Quarky00
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
When people at work used to ask me if I was exited by a project, I'd often reply...
'Exited? I'm positively dilated! Er...I mean delighted!'
They often used to back away.

I want to hug react. I want to love react. I want to back out of the room quietly to avoid detection and run once I'm safely in the hallway. I'm so confused right now.

• Love
Reactions: Soul, Epsilon0 and Deleted member 1465
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Is @Underscore having a baby potato?

Or why am I reading the word "dilated"?

• Love
Reactions: Soul, Quarky00 and GoodPersonEffed
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019

Haha well you had me convinced lol

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed