A

affirmatice

Aug 31, 2024
My heart goes out to all on this site. We all feel similarly, but we also all have various reasons behind why we feel the way we do.

Not many can say this, but maybe some can relate. I have one thing, exactly one thing in my life that has caused me immeasurable distress, depression, and caused me to be unable to enjoy everything else in my life that is going well - beyond well.

And I know I am blessed to have a good career, good friends, decent family, and even past relationships that have meant a lot to me.

But throughout all that is going well, this one thing has sapped all my enjoyment, all my excitement, all my happiness. I went to therapy, and the more we talked, the more it became clear that I did not have some pre-existing mental disorder that has caused me to feel this way. I'm more or less a "normal" human who experienced something terrible and for the past half-decade, have been unable to cope with my own life. That's it.

• Hugs
Reactions: wren-briar
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Do you want to open up and talk about this one thing? I would perfectly understand if you didn't want to.