L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
there is not pill that can fix your mental problems the sad truth is deal with it or let the mental problems consume you the mind is worse than any drug the mind always consume me

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: shush, Journeytoletgo, WornOutLife and 2 others
littleloup

littleloup

しょうがない
May 28, 2021
I agree to a certain extent. I don't believe there is a one-fix therapy or pill. It's a myriad of factors that help with someone to feel better enough that their mental health doesn't deteriorate.

Reactions: shush, Callie Arcale and Scribble Fan
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think therapy can really help some people with more normal problems such as work stress, marriage stuff, etc.

But...as regards suicide and severe depression, it tends not to work according to my experience and the experience of many other people here.

It's a shame. Why doesn't it work? Is it because they just don't understand us? Is it because we just can't be "healed"?

I dunno but, what I really hate, is when therapists just follow the book and are interested in nothing but your money.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, shush, Journeytoletgo and 5 others
littleloup

littleloup

しょうがない
May 28, 2021
I think therapy can really help some people with more normal problems such as work stress, marriage stuff, etc.

But...as regards suicide and severe depression, it tends not to work according to my experience and the experience of many other people here.

It's a shame. Why doesn't it work? Is it because they just don't understand us? Is it because we just can't be "healed"?

I dunno but, what I really hate, is when therapists just follow the book and are interested in nothing but your money.
Yes, there are some therapists like that. But there are also a few exceptions who genuinely care about you. I think therapy fails because they instead want the sufferers to look at the bright side of things or try different medications. I think in that way, they don't understand us because there will always be a distance between the therapist and patient.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Callie Arcale, Scribble Fan and 1 other person
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
Yes, there are some therapists like that. But there are also a few exceptions who genuinely care about you.
It's not an issue of therapists caring, mine seems to. But there is very little she can do to help me no matter how much she cares. Talk therapy isn't going to help me deal with trauma. She's unknowingly harming me by neglecting to refer me to potentially effective treatment... I don't think she knows any better. I guess I keep going because she was helpful in dealing with relationship and anxiety issues in the past.

I'm thinking back to the years worth of depression scales I completed before every appointment. They show no improvement over time. Every session I state that depression makes my life "very difficult". I figured out which questions to lie on to avoid being coerced into partial/full hospitalization.

Reactions: shush, Callie Arcale, Scribble Fan and 1 other person
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
Idk, therapy sort of helped me. Problem is that no amount of therapy can fix my situation or fix this mad world.

Reactions: shush, Callie Arcale and western_heart
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Therapy did not heal me. I had a wise and truly dedicated pshychologist who showed me nothing but care and respect. I really appreciated her during the 4 years she worked with me and I valued the cognitive behavioral techniques she taught me. Sadly, despite her and my best efforts, I was too ill to recover, I guess.

Anyway later this year I will start psychodynamic therapy with a new psychologist. My doctor has been pushing me to do more therapy for the past 6 or 7 years but I knew it would not help me, so I just postponed it. But these last months have been really bad and my sanity is hanging by a thin thread, so I am back on meds and I will do another round of therapy... because what else is there?! Nothing...

• Hugs
Reactions: western_heart and Scribble Fan
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think therapy may help some people depending on the person and the problems they are going through. I think talking cannot fix many problems and it cannot help any of mine. Some standardised techniques like cbt don't help complex problems. There is no solution to them and some situations are just hopeless.

Reactions: Skathon, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Journeytoletgo and 1 other person
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
I agree, I tried therapy since 19, and it didn't work or heal me. My trauma is still there and it's why I'm miserable and cry everyday

for some people therapy could be helpful so I'd advise people to go through all options before CTB. Somethings have no solution like incurable disease, and trauma from abuse/bullying