• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Arcanist
Apr 15, 2024
Any medical intervention, treatment, ctb prevention or pulling out of a burning building is just delaying the inevitable. The life still ends eventually. Most of the medical industry is just about saving a life from an earlier death, and very little is done about alleviating suffering. I think a doctor prefers to save a life rather than reduce suffering just so they can brag and look like a hero. I don't for a second believe it is out of selfless love they "save" lives. This is evidenced by the fact that 911 operators respond faster if they suspect the caller is in danger of losing their whole life. Very little is done for someone who gets saved but is left with permanent injuries. Very little is done to them AFTER they were saved from (earlier) death.

I will respect the medical industry only when they have cured or drastically numbed all suffering or offered painless euthanasia to all. I don't respect them when they brag about saving lives (which is impossible).

• Hugs
Reactions: kvsvenky100, LoiteringClouds, pthnrdnojvsc and 11 others
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
As someone who had my life cut short due to the carelessness, the not giving a damn, the it can't be that bad, the in validation of doctors and physiotherapists, I agree you with 100%!
They twisted and tore my body to the point there's no return, but as long as they prescribe antidepressivos and painkillers (that don't work, but they still don't believe how bad they screwed up) it's all fine. They did a great job! Just another day at the office! I zero interest whatsoever in keeping on feeding the illness industry. You could go to a nursing home... I'm 49 yo ffs! No, I will not keep on paying to prolong the physical and emotional suffering you caused me!
And I don't intend to let them forget. I'm writing my descent into to hell in detail, naming all the names, and I'm sharing it on FB to see who my real friends are. The real ones will share it. After that, the first disposition of my will is that an autopsy shall be conducted (I'm leaving detailed schemes and drawings of my problems) and the results sent to every of the names mentioned. Most likely the autopsy will be conducted by another not give a damn doctor, but hoping there's at least something proving what I've been saying. I don't ask for any action to be taken because it'd be a waste of money, but maybe one of them as a tiny bit of conscience and starts being a better doctor and person.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Lostandlooking, sserafim and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
It certainly is absurd to me when people go on about "saving" lives, it really is like they forget that we are destined for nothing but to die anyway, eventually this meaningless existence will disappear into nothingness no matter what, you cannot save people from death and I don't understand what's supposedly so bad about non-existence to the point that people need to be "saved" from it.

Continuing to exist is just prolonging pointless suffering so if one wants to die on their own terms then they should simply be able to and it's so extremely cruel to interfere with that. In my case I want death to save me from this undesirable and hopeless existence, suicide for me is the way to find safety from suffering.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, Alexei_Kirillov, escape_from_hell and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes, I fully agree, what a well written post!! It's so absurd as to how pro lifers, and even the majority of the people on this site, fail to realise this. The notion of saving a life is completely impossible to achieve in reality as it's merely just delaying the inevitable. I believe that most humans have the ability to forget this to their convenience (until they see it face on or experience it for themselves) so that they can operate in auto pilot successfully.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, pthnrdnojvsc, Alexei_Kirillov and 2 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
This is a really interesting post and I agree with a lot of your points. It is not something I see discussed very often, outside niche medical ethics stuff I've read in textbooks or online. We always think about life-threatening situations, but never the aftermath of what happens if a person is saved. Or if a person has a complaint that may have at one point been benign, only for it to fester if it is not treated seriously, eventually leading to life-altering complications.

Everyone focuses on potential fatalities in medicine, as death is always viewed as the worst outcome no matter what. I think there's not as much awareness surrounding what life after extensive medical issues can be like, as popular culture paints the medical institution as an inherent force for good and puts forward the message that patients need to always be grateful if their life is prolonged/saved and not complain about the shots being called in their medical care. This mindset discourages people from speaking up if they prioritize quality of life over life saving measures that may decrease their QOL in the long run.

To their credit, there are some situations where people are allowed to have such conversations, albeit very rarely and typically in situations where a condition is imminently terminal/hospice care is involved. Whenever it comes to ailments that aren't going to kill you necessarily, I think the medical industry severely downplays the effects of chronic, long-term issues.

Much akin to you, I have always questioned the selflessness of doctors and nurses, not only from my own bad personal experiences but studying alongside people who would go on to do post grad medicine and witnessing their extreme lack of empathy. Out of morbid curiosity, I have tried to make myself read forums for doctors to expose myself to the things that make me uncomfortable and to try to understand their perspectives on things, and the way that they speak about patients they deem as less deserving or lower in the triage queue (therefore wasting time in their eyes) is often rude and disgusting.

There's a huge culture of mitigating liability and risk in medicine which I think desperately needs to change. In the US you see people killing themselves left and right or turning to illegal, risky sources of drugs because doctors cold-turkeyed them off opioid pain medication. Do no harm, my ass. I understand that their government is clamping down on certain medications, creating an ongoing situation where people are left to suffer with horrible pain, ultimately leaving some to die as a form of political power play whilst doctors are doing... Nothing. In the UK this same behaviour is also very common, people are left to rot with horrible conditions and given no analgesics or treatment a lot of the time.

My own experiences really opened my eyes about how messed up the medical profession is and how little they seem to care. No matter how many times I pleaded my case to them that my quality of life is poor and I need help, they would refuse to do anything because my situation doesn't follow the rules of a neat, box ticking exercise and is actually complicated. I remember one particularly bitchy doctor telling me I just need to force myself to do graded exercise, before sarcastically asking what did I expect her to do, she isn't a brain expert.

When people are suffering before their very eyes, they don't seem to care unless there's a palpable chance that death is imminent. Imo there's many forms of protracted suffering in life that are far worse than death. I don't see how they can think otherwise, but maybe they are blind to how their patients are struggling in the day to day.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Alexei_Kirillov and Lostandlooking
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm not sure in every circumstance that this is the case. I guess some people do actually want to live. My parents aren't in the best of health at the moment. They are both scared and scared to lose one another. Also, my Mum died when she was 40 and I was 3. I suspect all of us would have ended up happier if she'd lived longer, including her. She didn't want to die then.

I agree though, that it ought to be a choice. Honestly, it kind of sickens me seeing the way some people end up having to live- well- exist when they truly don't want to be here anymore.

I guess the dilema is- is it possible for someone to attempt suicide impulsively in some sort of psychotic state? Is it possible that they haven't entirely thought it through and that there were other options they would have been willing to try?

How do we distinguish whether the person on the wrong side of the railings on a bridge is someone off their face, in some sort of psychosis, acting impulsively or- whether they have been suffering for decades and made a (arguably) rational decision to end it? We can't judge- obviously. So, I find the subject of suicide prevention very tricky personally.

Ideally though- we wouldn't need to worry about homegrown methods to try and prevent. If assisted suicide was legalised, people could be properly assessed to see if they are in a fit state of mind and to decide with them whether there really is no more life can offer them.

I absolutely agree though that saving life for the sake of it and prolonging life because it looks clever isn't at all fair if that isn't what that individual wants. I think as well- people are terrified of being held liable if they let someone die. I completely agree that the focus should be on the quality of that person's life and even more importantly- whether they actually want their life prolonged.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Yes, I fully agree, what a well written post!! It's so absurd as to how pro lifers, and even the majority of the people on this site, fail to realise this. The notion of saving a life is completely impossible to achieve in reality as it's merely just delaying the inevitable. I believe that most humans have the ability to forget this to their convenience (until they see it face on or experience it for themselves) so that they can operate in auto pilot successfully.
I don't see hardly any things that objective truths , things that you are sure are absolutely true

One of them is that we all die anyway

But as your post and the OP suggests to me imo most humans are not aware of this first principle or they act as if they have forgotten it

Another is ....

I wanted to post more on this but working, tired and very little sleep . Might add to it later

Last edited: