FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I hate it when the idea is pushed that wanting to die is something to "recover" from as it implies that existence is something desirable and worth having in the first place. This view to me just comes across as people in denial, I cannot stand delusional and hollow toxic posivity as the reality is that existence is the true problem.

Wanting to cease existing is all that feels rational to me, and in my case it only makes sense wishing for a permanent release from all suffering, hating existing and preferring the sound of a dreamless eternal sleep isn't an irrational mindset but rather it's a result of having awareness.

The true problem will always lie in this hellish and cruel existence that is ultimately responsible for all harm and suffering. Existence is a burden that should never be glorified, it's very burdensome to be enslaved in this existence where there is no limit as to how much we can suffer all while we pointlessly decay from age.

All that existence does is create problems there was never a need for and this way of thinking is the reality, only death can bring peace from the true problem, I will always prefer the sound of ceasing to exist where all is forgotten about.

Reactions: uniqueusername39, princejohnny, ijustwishtodie and 3 others
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Humans are hardwired to advance and evolve the species. I wouldn't get too upset; it's people's si talking.

I thought that ceasing existence was my only rational solution, but I no longer do. If I wanted to ctb for reasons that ended up not being true, (e.g. I'm a burden, people want me gone, my family thinks I'm a failure, I'm a bad person,) how rational was I really being?

It isn't for me to decide if suicide is a rational solution for a problem or not. That is up to the individual. I do think it's worth exhausting other options however. When you're in deep, you sometimes forget you have options in the first place! It never hurts to be sure you're rational before ctb. It's an irreversible choice after all.

To me, ctb isn't freedom, because you died chained to suffering. I want to scorn suffering and find peace despite living in a desolate and dark world. That to me is true freedom. Ending suffering is no longer my goal; just rising above it. That's not for everyone, so w/e floats your boat.

• Hugs
Reactions: rosenwasser
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I hate it when the idea is pushed that wanting to die is something to "recover" from as it implies that existence is something desirable and worth having in the first place. This view to me just comes across as people in denial, I cannot stand delusional and hollow toxic posivity as the reality is that existence is the true problem.
I've always seen dying and death as the way to recover from the harsh and brutal existence

Reactions: uniqueusername39
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
I've always seen dying and death as the way to recover from the harsh and brutal existence
Is it recovering from the harshness of the world, or submitting relentlessly to it, chaining yourself to it, and just avoiding it altogether?

Not saying this is wrong btw. Just providing a different way of looking at it.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Is it recovering from the harshness of the world, or submitting relentlessly to it, chaining yourself to it, and just avoiding it altogether?
May I ask why you grouped "submitting relentlessly to it" and "avoiding it altogether" together when providing your alternative perspective on this? In my opinion, submitting relentlessly to life and avoiding it entirely are different things, so much so to where I believe they are mutually exclusive. Avoiding life entirely by suicide is not submitting yourself to life or chaining yourself to it but rather the converse as suicide goes against accepting life for what it is

To answer your actual question, I do consider avoiding life altogether as recovering from the harshness of life. It isn't the only way to recover from it of course and it should be a last resort but it does allow you to recover from life

Reactions: uniqueusername39
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
May I ask why you grouped "submitting relentlessly to it" and "avoiding it altogether" together when providing your alternative perspective on this? In my opinion, submitting relentlessly to life and avoiding it entirely are different things, so much so to where I believe they are mutually exclusive. Avoiding life entirely by suicide is not submitting yourself to life or chaining yourself to it but rather the converse as suicide goes against accepting life for what it is

To answer your actual question, I do consider avoiding life altogether as recovering from the harshness of life. It isn't the only way to recover from it of course and it should be a last resort but it does allow you to recover from life
I'm not talking about life itself, but the pain and suffering it universally brings (though some admittedly suffer more than others.) To me, suicide isn't freedom, in that you are submitting to the harshness of life and avoiding it. You have no way out of pain, and are chained to it when you pass, as you died to escape it.

True freedom to me is overcoming pain and not dying happy because you're ending the pain, but dying happy having lived fully. I'm heavily inspired by Albert Camus, and I think this quote from The Myth of Sisyphus really sums it up:

"Killing yourself amounts to confessing. It is confessing that life is too much for you or that you do not understand it… It is merely confessing that 'it is not worth the trouble'."

This is a quote from Henry David Thoreau's Walden that I also really like:

"I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then get to the whole and genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world…"

I agree the deep sleep should be a last resort, and that freeing yourself from pain while on earth is the best alternative. I'm also aware that not everyone has that luxury. There are people who have tried- and failed- for years to free themselves from their pain before ending it. If you can't free yourself from your pain, there is no shame in surrendering to it and finding peace on the other side. It makes no sense to live if you can't be free.

I don't expect you to agree. Hopefully this makes sense. Sorry this is so long!

Reactions: Ksmиda