Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
There is no place for me in this world. I am trapped in this existence. Why should I continue to live when what predominates is pain? And what is the need for this futile pain? If I wasn't born to fulfill a mission, why do I exist? Will I survive just to please other people's desire for recovery? Human existence is originally neutral but can become evil. Since the tenuous balance that sustains it is unregulated and there seems to be no intrinsic meaning.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, lost_ange2211, defunkt and 4 others
T

trigzter

Aug 9, 2019
I dont think you need to be told life is purposeless. Pain out weighs the positive for most of us. Do what you want with you life and I wish the best for ya.

Reactions: Labyrinth and Trav1989
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
I dont think you need to be told life is purposeless. Pain out weighs the positive for most of us. Do what you want with you life and I wish the best for ya.
I'm not saying that life has no meaning when analyzed in its ontology, but my life in particular has none. I am cosmologically insignificant, sociologically dispensable, humanly a failure. Death is not ontologically scary, but in the face of my own death I tremble with fear. Because it's not about the world and others, but just about me. What did I do? What didn't I do? What did I live for?

I am the reflection of the reflection. To the point that my first "form" was unrecognizable in the last.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: defunkt
T

Trav1989

Jun 2, 2024
There is no place for me in this world. I am trapped in this existence. Why should I continue to live when what predominates is pain? And what is the need for this futile pain? If I wasn't born to fulfill a mission, why do I exist? Will I survive just to please other people's desire for recovery? Human existence is originally neutral but can become evil. Since the tenuous balance that sustains it is unregulated and there seems to be no intrinsic meaning.
With the way human brains are wired we always hold onto the negatives over the positives unless we recognize our innate tendency to do such. I just stopped noticing either as it's just unnecessary in most cases and we can't do anything to change the human condition as a whole. Even if we could manage such I couldn't care less because life is still just a waiting room in all honesty. We are here but for a short time and not even the greatest of us will be remembered $10,000+ years from now and even if such did come to pass we would be but a footnote in literature and looked at as more fiction than fact.

If we go beyond such a short timeframe and look into 100,000, 1,000,000 years, etc so on and so forth all the way to the sun enveloping the Earth and the eventual end of the universe and take time dilation into account whatever entity (if any) created or dreamt up this reality and all such entails the entirety of everything is nothing but a fleeting dream.

So yes, life is pointless but there is nothing we can do about it other than accept the entropy for what it is. It takes but a short time for a person to be birthed in comparison to the time it takes for the body to turn into dust. The universe as a whole works in the same fashion and always will no matter what species rises and falls and what nebula is formed prior to ending up as a supernova death always claims all.

I personally take solace in this universal truth, everything will someday end up in the same place. What I do not take solace in is the potential reality that the same material may be regurgitated into yet another universe and that there is the potential for all energy gathered to be reused which could lead to possible reincarnation and even 100+ trillion years is a short amount of time for a being that is beyond time and space after their death and potential reincarnation.

I am hoping such is not the case though, every story deserves a true ending and I'm not a fan of reboots.

Reactions: Labyrinth
T

trigzter

Aug 9, 2019
I'm not saying that life has no meaning when analyzed in its ontology, but my life in particular has none. I am cosmologically insignificant, sociologically dispensable, humanly a failure. Death is not ontologically scary, but in the face of my own death I tremble with fear. Because it's not about the world and others, but just about me. What did I do? What didn't I do? What did I live for?

I am the reflection of the reflection. To the point where my latest "form" is unrecognizable from the beginning.
i believe you may be asking questions above my ability to respond. i dont want to look up every unusual word you have said. ill try to interpret what i can. you me and everyone else are completely insignificant in the grand scheme of things...within our own galaxy let alone the universe.. i think you know death is scary because of survival instinct. if you choose to believe in anything after life then that only makes it a more fearful situation. eternal life or nothingness could be equally frightening depending on your viewpoint

Reactions: Labyrinth