• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I've been struggling to decide when to actually ctb. I can find some stupidly small reason to make it through each day even though I desperately want to die. I can justify both living and dying.

As humans we can deal with so much more than we want to believe. It might mentally destroy us but a majority (I think) can survive still. I believe that's why it's so hard to just decide a date to ctb. It's just our SI kicking in I suppose.

Of course there is physical pain which I'm not familiar with so I can't speak on that aspect.

Do you feel similarly or differently about this?

Reactions: Slow_Farewell, kotonearisato, schizochicken and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
In terms of our own personal timelines, I do actually agree. Ultimately- it's up to us.

I can kind of see the reasoning when other people lament a suicide, or even the accidental or natural death of someone. Have you noticed how they report on young suicides in particular? Most had 'glittering' futures ahead of them. Did they though? How do they know? Presumably, if their lives were already being severey hampered with things like depression/ major anxiety/ poverty- why would they assume these things wouldn't have continued to bother them?

Maybe they would have had a great future, maybe they would have been happy. Do they think they regret their decision then? Do they actually think that's possible? I guess, if they're religious, they may believe that. Maybe they think those poor soles are now in hell being shown on some future simulated display what their future on earth would have been. Personally, I doubt we feel anything at all after we die. I find it kind of weird when people talk about suicide implying it can be an action you can regret.

In terms of obliterating a potentially great future- it's a complete crapshoot! Most importantly- the person concerned clearly doesn't see a great future ahead of them. If they've lost all hope then, are they likely to even try to get to a better future? How many things in life just come to us without effort? Not many- I'd say- unless you're incredibly lucky and lucky enough to have people around you that can carry you through. I doubt many do have that kind of support. Even people who clearly did or do reach out for support don't always get it.

It has to be up to the individual ultimately. They're the ones who are going to have to suffer their life. Only they are going to know whether they can find things to make it worth it.

I agree though- people can struggle on with terribly painful health conditions. Clearly, they have a reason to though. That's the major difference I think though. Many suicidal people have lost that compelling reason to live. Plenty are simply carrying on because they feel obligated to or, they're too afraid (understandably) to risk failing a suicide attempt.

Once all reason to live has gone though, coupled with a regular amount of discomfort, then in a way, it's only a matter of time before a person decides to go. Surely, that's logical. No reason to stay, near constant poblems to deal with, very little pleasure gained from living, a sincere wish for it to be over. Why would they stick around?!!

I think where it does make a difference is when you have dependants. Either in a responsibility sense- children. Or, an emotional sense- people whom you think your suicide would deeply affect. I think in those cases, it makes sense to hold on (if you can) for those people. That of course depends on the severity of the situation the suicidal person is in. For me though- I believe it does matter when I go. I don't want to go before my Dad does. That's a personal choice though and I appreciate that not all people can hold on.

• Love
Reactions: TiredOfAllThis, Caramelized, Slow_Farewell and 3 others
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
In terms of our own personal timelines, I do actually agree. Ultimately- it's up to us.

I can kind of see the reasoning when other people lament a suicide, or even the accidental or natural death of someone. Have you noticed how they report on young suicides in particular? Most had 'glittering' futures ahead of them. Did they though? How do they know? Presumably, if their lives were already being severey hampered with things like depression/ major anxiety/ poverty- why would they assume these things wouldn't have continued to bother them?

Maybe they would have had a great future, maybe they would have been happy. Do they think they regret their decision then? Do they actually think that's possible? I guess, if they're religious, they may believe that. Maybe they think those poor soles are now in hell being shown on some future simulated display what their future on earth would have been. Personally, I doubt we feel anything at all after we die. I find it kind of weird when people talk about suicide implying it can be an action you can regret.

In terms of obliterating a potentially great future- it's a complete crapshoot! Most importantly- the person concerned clearly doesn't see a great future ahead of them. If they've lost all hope then, are they likely to even try to get to a better future? How many things in life just come to us without effort? Not many- I'd say- unless you're incredibly lucky and lucky enough to have people around you that can carry you through. I doubt many do have that kind of support. Even people who clearly did or do reach out for support don't always get it.

It has to be up to the individual ultimately. They're the ones who are going to have to suffer their life. Only they are going to know whether they can find things to make it worth it.

I agree though- people can struggle on with terribly painful health conditions. Clearly, they have a reason to though. That's the major difference I think though. Many suicidal people have lost that compelling reason to live. Plenty are simply carrying on because they feel obligated to or, they're too afraid (understandably) to risk failing a suicide attempt.

Once all reason to live has gone though, coupled with a regular amount of discomfort, then in a way, it's only a matter of time before a person decides to go. Surely, that's logical. No reason to stay, near constant poblems to deal with, very little pleasure gained from living, a sincere wish for it to be over. Why would they stick around?!!

I think where it does make a difference is when you have dependants. Either in a responsibility sense- children. Or, an emotional sense- people whom you think your suicide would deeply affect. I think in those cases, it makes sense to hold on (if you can) for those people. That of course depends on the severity of the situation the suicidal person is in. For me though- I believe it does matter when I go. I don't want to go before my Dad does. That's a personal choice though and I appreciate that not all people can hold on.
We have nearly identical perspectives on this and you were able to write about it so much more in depth so thank you for that.

• Love
Reactions: Nicholas22231 and Forever Sleep
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Same.
It's interesting because there are cases of people who are in a helluva lot more pain than what I could ever experience yet they hold on much better to life, and the opposite is also true.
besides, @Leavesfromthevine , im owed a travel thread. LOL.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36 and Leavesfromthevine