Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
why do normies say this, do they genuinely believe they are somehow still alive and in a better place like heaven
or are they implying that nothingness is better than being alive

Reactions: 4everHeartBroken, ijustwishtodie, Forever Sleep and 5 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I think it's a coping mechanism for normies to deal with the loss of the person (usually their loved one). The last of the five stages of grief is acceptance, and normies accept that the person is gone by saying that "they're in a better place now"

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, LoiteringClouds, Unknown21 and 5 others
D

Dayrain

Arcanist
Feb 3, 2023
Pro-lifers are inconsistent indivuduals. But I asked myself the same quuestion about the RIP sign once.

Reactions: Immensevoid, davidtorez, Darkover and 1 other person
DolerDolerDoler

DolerDolerDoler

Jun 4, 2024
because theres no more powerful way to cope with death than to believe it isn't the end

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Immensevoid, davidtorez and 3 others
M

M48 Patton

Student
Jun 2, 2024
I think whatever helps people cope is right. We are all entitled to that idea.

• Love
Reactions: 4everHeartBroken, DeIetedUser4739, divinemistress36 and 4 others
davidtorez

davidtorez

Arcanist
Mar 8, 2024
I think it's a coping mechanism for normies to deal with the loss of the person (usually their loved one). The last of the five stages of grief is acceptance, and normies accept that the person is gone by saying that "they're in a better place now"
I think this is đź’Ż

Reactions: Darkover and sserafim
Doorframe_dead

Doorframe_dead

Because we have to
May 28, 2024
100% is a coping mechanism for people.

Reactions: sserafim and Darkover
krnaaTh

krnaaTh

searching nothingness
Jun 12, 2024
I think that, aside from being a coping mechanism, is a way of showing respect to the deceased, that's why we never talk about their bad deeds in the funeral, and we only rejoice in the good times we shared with them. It isn't that weird, as for what I see everyone have their own ways to cope with dead, I don't know if its really something that the normies do as it's almost the same as waiting for peace after dying, which is a way of view things that here in these forums is very common

Reactions: M48 Patton and Darkover
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
For me, being an unconscious corpse in a grave, would indeed be a better place.

Reactions: Unknown21, Hollowman, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
They obviously know that dead is better than alive. They feel envy.

Reactions: Unknown21 and divinemistress36
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Better to me can only mean eternal nothingness. To be conscious and aware could never be desirable, rather it's burdensome, unnecessary and just leads to suffering. All that I see as ideal is the absence of everything where all is finally forgotten about, I only find comfort in the thought of an dreamless, eternal sleep, to me ceasing to exist could only ever be something positive as after all nobody can be harmed by being eternally unaware, eternal nothingness is what I see as the true and only peace.

O

Orange Cat

Student
Oct 19, 2023
I think that it is a coping mechanism. Most people believe that there is some type of afterlife. I've seen polls where 75 percent or more believe that your consciousness continues after death in some form.

I don't think the average person outside this forum believes that eternal nothingness ( if it exists) is better than being alive in most cases. That's why people cling on to life at all costs.

Reactions: sserafim and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
They arent suffering anymore . People can argue all day that there is or isnt an afterlife but nobody really knows

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think we mostly say this about people who were suffering. So, I guess it's hope that their suffering is over and if we are also suffering, the hope that that will end some day too.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
Most of them are religious and believe in the afterlife and resurrection. Others say this as a form of consolation that is linked to the idea of heaven or the afterlife.