W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
To turn off my suicidal thoughts, I've been working a lot and when I'm free I watch lots of videos about religion vs atheism/agnosticism and my conclusion is that there are more religions than happy children in this world.

I don't care who is right and I'm not a believer but...wouldn't it be easier not to divide religions? I mean, borders are for countries...

What about helping once and for all poor people and children dying at hospitals or suffering from hunger?

Anyway, the more I read about religion, the less I understand this nonsense world.

What do you think about this? Do you think any religion is actually right? Do we have a purpose? Are we just an accident and will never really understand this weird universe and the origin of everything?

Haha, #PhilophicalFriday I guess. Tomorrow will be a drinking day!

Thanks for reading me.

Hugs and love,

Matt

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Green Destiny, it's_all_a_game, loopylou and 5 others
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
>Do you think any religion is actually right?
There is no proof gods exists, so no.

>Do we have a purpose?
Yes, that is to derive pleasure.

>Are we just an accident and will never really understand this weird universe and the origin of everything?
I don't know.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and WornOutLife
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Its simple. Religion is an archaic form of politics. Before we had established hierarchies in a political sense, we used religion as a means of social organization, hierarchical structure and division of responsibilities. Now that we have politics, we still cling to religious dogma because that's pretty much all most of us know. Time to evolve past.

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Escape Artist and WornOutLife
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
I do not think any religions are true. I don't think evolution is about life or pleasure. Pain, suffering and Death are so commonplace that life or pleasure cannot be the primary purpose of evolution.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I think religion is a really bizarre thing, and I'm amazed that people believe in it. I'm itching for us to uncover how it ever came about and why. Something I've realised is that every religious person basically has their own personal religion, it's extremely rare that two religious people will have identical views on everything relating to god.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and WornOutLife
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Oh, this:

Yeah, atheists are seen as some kind of activists.
That's why I've realized that I'm actually an agnostic.

I cannot confirm there is no God nor deny it. However, I don't need to pray or things like that. I just do whatever I can to have a decent life and help as many people as I can somehow.

If some day, a smiling bearded guy shows up in the sky, I will just become a believer I guess haha. However, I would still trust in science to explain things or maybe in that being if it makes any sense.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Do you think any religion is actually right? Do we have a purpose? Are we just an accident and will never really understand this weird universe and the origin of everything?
I used to be a devout Catholic, but I had a near-death experience at a gay orgy - a gigantic talking Penis filled with light emerged from the darkness, gave me a long hug & all the answers. I'd love to share them with all of you for a tiny fee. Feel free to contact me

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Green Destiny, loopylou, WornOutLife and 1 other person
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
The only true religion.
Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage_HD.jpg

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: lovelyheartz, Green Destiny, WornOutLife and 3 others
nex

nex

Student
May 3, 2021
I think the analogy in that video is rubbish. I've seen many unsuccessful romantic advances, from my side or the other, and most of them didn't result in anger or resentment or "antisocial behaviour". Most of those were resolved peacefully, with the advancing party accepting it and going on as friends/colleagues. I've watched the video to the end but honestly I found it painful.

Many believers resent atheists, but not all of them do. Those who do may do so for different reasons. One may be that their religion tells them to do so. Another may be that they force themselves to suppress doubt and hate others who don't - a common psychological "phenomenon". Another one could be that many atheists behave like self-righteous jerks, just as much as religious jerks do.

Back to the original question, I think there is more that unites religions than divides them, like the prevalent belief in compassion. And that's something that unites them with most atheists too.

And no, I don't think any religion is right, I'm atheist after all. No, I don't think we have a purpose. And as I may have explained earlier (under my previous username "eclipse"), I don't believe we will ever truly understand the universe and the origin of everything because I believe our brains are far too limited for those questions.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
The only true religion.
Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage_HD.jpg
This is disturbing & disgusting. Adam's dick is so tiny.
I think there is more that unites religions than divides them, like the prevalent belief in compassion.
Read what their "holy" books say about compassion for certain groups of people, the devil is in the details.

Last edited: