I

Irrelevant biologist

Jun 3, 2020
I have been trying therapy for over a year and tonight she finally said she can't help me. I'm not surprised. What does surprise me is that she has supposedly diagnosed me but has failed to get me meds. Also, I'm slightly disappointed that neither the therapist nor my PCP has either one straight up asked if I'm suicidal. I feel like I tried to get help, but I cant be helped.

I dont have any and I dont have any immediate plans on ordering, but I have decided to use SN. I've attempted before, (other unreliable methods), like a crybaby, and learned that you either be serious about it or leave it alone. So I'm waiting until I am absolutely sure. Because I know there will be no going back.

I just wish things were different....
I'm so tired.❤

• Hugs
Reactions: Belit667, socrates, 134340 and 2 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I have been trying therapy for over a year and tonight she finally said she can't help me. I'm not surprised. What does surprise me is that she has supposedly diagnosed me but has failed to get me meds. Also, I'm slightly disappointed that neither the therapist nor my PCP has either one straight up asked if I'm suicidal. I feel like I tried to get help, but I cant be helped.

I dont have any and I dont have any immediate plans on ordering, but I have decided to use SN. I've attempted before, (other unreliable methods), like a crybaby, and learned that you either be serious about it or leave it alone. So I'm waiting until I am absolutely sure. Because I know there will be no going back.

I just wish things were different....
I'm so tired.❤
A lot of people have negative experiences with therapists and psychiatrists unfortunately.
Mostly they do not care, do not really understand, and just want your money.

What did she diagnose you with?
And what happened when you attempted before?

Reactions: Belit667
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
I too have been in therapy. It certainly didn't help me sadly.

• Love
Reactions: Belit667 and Irrelevant biologist
I

Irrelevant biologist

Jun 3, 2020
A lot of people have negative experiences with therapists and psychiatrists unfortunately.
Mostly they do not care, do not really understand, and just want your money.

What did she diagnose you with?
And what happened when you attempted before?

My diagnosis was cyclothymia. I have only done lazy attempts previously like medication OD.

Student
Aug 23, 2019
Not to sound like a pro-lifer lmao, but if you're not 100% set in your plans to ctb yet then I would encourage you to try and find a new therapist. I really like mine, she's wonderful and she truly has done her best to help me. I dealt with 3 awful ones before that, ones that just don't seem to listen or care, kind of like you described. Therapy's never a cure all, and of course you should do what you feel is best, but if you're still willing to give life a shot, maybe try and find someone new. Just to see. If you'll be alive anyway, you might as well check out your options (that's how I always look at it, anyway). I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience. I know that often turns people away from seeking out a new one. Hoping things improve for you :heart:

I

Irrelevant biologist

Jun 3, 2020
I also have ptsd and OCD. I have been in a mental hospital before for attempting and it accomplished zero. Just made life way more complicated. Wasn't worth the "attention ".

socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
What a crappy therapist! What kind of therapist doesn't check to make sure your suicidal? I mean sure your probably going to lie if you are, but still. Just make sure you read the guide if you chose to ctb

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
I'm very sorry about your experience.
I've spent thousands of Eur working with different therapists, and all I can say is that they want to do the minimum and get their money.
I worked with people who were routinely late, apologized briefly, but would then freak out if I went one minute overtime. I worked with people who would spend 5 minutes checking their bank account to see if I had paid for the session... Sharks and desperate peasants who might not even have the qualifications that they boast (CBT or DBT for example).

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Irrelevant biologist
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Dang, she just told you that she can't help you? She just gave up? T fuck

I

Irrelevant biologist

Jun 3, 2020
Not to sound like a pro-lifer lmao, but if you're not 100% set in your plans to ctb yet then I would encourage you to try and find a new therapist. I really like mine, she's wonderful and she truly has done her best to help me. I dealt with 3 awful ones before that, ones that just don't seem to listen or care, kind of like you described. Therapy's never a cure all, and of course you should do what you feel is best, but if you're still willing to give life a shot, maybe try and find someone new. Just to see. If you'll be alive anyway, you might as well check out your options (that's how I always look at it, anyway). I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience. I know that often turns people away from seeking out a new one. Hoping things improve for you :heart:

Thank you! I might.
What a crappy therapist! What kind of therapist doesn't check to make sure your suicidal? I mean sure your probably going to lie if you are, but still. Just make sure you read the guide if you chose to ctb

Yes I have read it and will definitely study it again! Thanks!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 134340
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
My diagnosis was cyclothymia. I have only done lazy attempts previously like medication OD.
so she basically said you have mild bipolar, and as such did not put you on any medications, and then just gave up on you? That's pathetic.
Maybe try another therapist? You never know, you may get lucky and find a good one.
Yeah, medication od is so unreliable.