Navi

Navi

Toaster bath looking real good rn
Feb 6, 2023
They just tell you the same shit everytime.

"Tell yourself positive affirmations."
"Practice self help and meditation."
"Practice healthy coping mechanisms."

If none of that works and you don't show improvement, they just slap you on meds and forget about you. Sure it might help some people I won't deny that, but for a lot of people it's just the same thing. But what's new? People never cared for people like us. It infuriates me every time I think about it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: IDoNotExist, NeedAnEscape, woundfvcker and 9 others
G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
Thats real as hell. Its like they arent even listening sometimes when ur speaking to them and if u open up about any harmful tendancies they just ship you off to a mental hospital for a bit where they care even less then release you after a seemingly random amount of time.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
They just tell you the same shit everytime.

"Tell yourself positive affirmations."
"Practice self help and meditation."
"Practice healthy coping mechanisms."
Yeah my whole life was abused by those profit based greedy psychos.

Living only on lentils and water alone was more helpful than thinking positive and shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy and WAITING TO DIE
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Cash or credit?

• Yay!
Reactions: ikadasui, NeedAnEscape, Professor K and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I've tried therapy a few times until I realised that therapy is a form of trying to brainwash myself into thinking that things will get better, or things are not as bad as they seem.
I would rather face reality instead of lying to myself , or listening to some overpaid fucktard therapist spewing nonsense .

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: IDoNotExist, Wouldpecker, SpiritualDeath and 2 others
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
That's so real...
Even yesterday I went for the scheduled appointment at the psychiatric hospital and the nurse kept saying the same thing of: "we can't make your life better, we can give you meds for depression and sleep".

I understand what she means but, at the same time, that's so demoralising and sad. How can one get help then?

The spiel of positive affirmations and shit doesn't work for me, feels so fake and patronising.

Reactions: OhWellDerp321, WAITING TO DIE and ABSOLUTION
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see it as a scam, I believe that therapy only exists as a way to profit from people's suffering.

Reactions: 0000000000000, OhWellDerp321, Rogue Proxy and 2 others
Wouldpecker

Wouldpecker

If only, if only.
Oct 10, 2023
I had my last therapist tell me that I couldn't talk to her about my acute suicidal moments, of which there are many. And that she didn't think she could help me with that.

On the legal/emotional side I understand, but, like, what the fuck am I paying her for then. I'm not deluding myself into "changing my perspective." The people who do that, who keel over and accept everything that is thrown their way and do with a smile, I find pitiable. I'd rather die than be one of them, no matter how "happy" it may make me. And why bother working on my smaller issues if I'll fix them all with a shotgun anyway? Much cheaper and easier.

The funny thing is that this is either the second or third therapist who has said this to me. I asked for help many times and have been told over and over again I am far too broken to receive it. Oh well. I think I will stop asking for help. They have nothing to offer. Might as well burn my wallet and download one of those AI chatbots, it'd have the same effect.

Reactions: Navi
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
Therapy is completely useless from my experience, and it's frustrating when people say that it's good but doesn't work for everyone. It's just insulting to have such a terrible service be offered as a solution.

• Love
Reactions: 0000000000000, IDoNotExist and ikadasui
Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
I will say that it is extremely rare but it is possible to find a good therapist only because I was one of the lucky ones that was able to find a decent one here and there and more recently I was able to acquire an excellent one over the past year. He was able to keep up with me in terms of philosophy and intellectual discussion. They were able to offer a lot of useful information. Towards the end of the working relationship he would even stop by my apartment and we would play arcade games for some of our sessions.

Unfortunately as lucky as I got I only have one more session with them remaining before they will be leaving And working somewhere else. It's difficult for any of these organizations to hold on to high quality talent. I was extremely fortunate to get a good therapist for awhile But I'm dreading that no longer being the case in a few days and now I will be back to average therapists. It's contributing significantly to why I'm doing so poorly as of late.

• Love
Reactions: ikadasui and WeDontKnowTheFuture
Weak_Nanachi

Weak_Nanachi

Nov 2, 2023
I've tried therapy but i believe it doesn't work if you truelly believe the way you think. If you're that easily persuade by another person to think diffrently i can't believe it was a big issue.

BrknEyes

BrknEyes

Walking skeleton
Nov 2, 2023
I can not agree with this more, currently seeing two therapists, neither of them seem to care or put effort to helping.

Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
''Nowadays''? Was it ever better before?

If anything, I'd say there has been some improvement over the years but overall I see therapists as conditionned barriers, pretexts hiding a society and its powerful institutions true flaws and damages they cause to the population.

Oh and when you're faced with the bill, when they judge you and arbitrarily label you, when hospitalization and meds gets imposed onto you, then they become TheRapists for sure...

Reactions: Navi and WAITING TO DIE
O

OhWellDerp321

Student
Jun 1, 2023
Therapy really is only helpful for one thing. For you to rant all your problems to someone. That's it.

Anything beyond that is bullshit.

In fact, therapy can actually be helpful if the therapist tries to solve actual problems for you. For example: Can't find a good paying job? They should have resources to connect you to a job. Don't have reliable transportation? They should look into ways to try and get you funding for public transport.
These are actual solutions that would lead to better quality of life.

Instead therapy focuses on mindfulness and positive thinking which is a load of bullshit. If that stuff really worked, then I could just watch a 5 minute motivational video on YouTube and my depression would be cured. I wouldn't need to pay an expensive amount for you to cure me.
It doesn't work because no matter how positive you think, you will still be living the same shitty life the next day if your circumstances don't actually change.

IDoNotExist

IDoNotExist

Apr 28, 2023
I've tried therapy a few times until I realised that therapy is a form of trying to brainwash myself into thinking that things will get better, or things are not as bad as they seem.
I would rather face reality instead of lying to myself , or listening to some overpaid fucktard therapist spewing nonsense .
OMGGG it's so hard to find ppl that see ur point of view and I 100% agree with you.

• Hugs