L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
They always tell you lies and dreams for your money they never truly help you their pills will never help you any form of drug will never help you

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, yive and killedbypsychiatry
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes. At least for me, it is.

I've seen 10 different therapist throughout my life and I'll only say that talking to my dog and wall is much more effective.

Reactions: killedbypsychiatry
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
Bunch of normies who wanted to get laid in college followed by a cushy career of banking on peoples suffering.

Don't like it? Unlike most professions you are not entitled to a refund when it turns out to be useless.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, du2497, killedbypsychiatry and 2 others
L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
Therapy is not honest they take advantage of suicidal people without truly help them

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, du2497, yive and 3 others
H

HenryHobkins

Student
Nov 5, 2020
making claims like this is dangerous and can hurt people

Reactions: RedHarlequin, Beachedwhale, Ame and 1 other person
fufa

fufa

I don't know what I am.
Mar 26, 2021
Therapy works for some people, mainly those with solvable problems: family issues drug addiction, etc..
If you don't have solvable problems and still hate being alive then it is just a novel way to waste your money, I guess you have to be able to imagine a happy life for anyone to help you.

Reactions: Bauhaus and FuneralCry
Escape Artist

Escape Artist

Jun 3, 2019
You mean claims about therapists usefulness, right? Therapy is a horrible scam. Over 15 years I've never met a therapist who was willing to stop milking me for money, leading me on that they could help me with the magic hot air coming out of their mouthes.

Reactions: fufa
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wouldn't say it is a scam exactly in every case, as may it work for people with certain problems that can be solved. However sometimes it just isn't effective as talking cannot fix many long lasting problems. I was suggested therapy last year and I literally couldn't think of anything worse. I think it invalidates the suffering the person is going through when they are told just to be positive and change their mindset.

Reactions: All Things Must Pass
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Therapists is like having an expensive friend you pay for who only spends 45 minutes being a brick wall. At least talking to the wall is free at home and is better than paying for a therapist.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, killedbypsychiatry and FuneralCry
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
Actually, N will help me lots.

Reactions: Rockman and FuneralCry
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
no it's not. I'm literally here because of "therapy". Plus society already tells everyone that therapy is the best thing on earth, someone saying that it isn't can't hurt much.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, yive, disabledandhopeless and 3 others
H

HenryHobkins

Student
Nov 5, 2020
no it's not. I'm literally here because of "therapy". Plus society already tells everyone that therapy is the best thing on earth, someone saying that it isn't can't hurt much.
To everyone telling me this, im sorry this was your experience but it doesnt demonstrate what you think it does. And just because pro-therapy is a popular position doesn't neutralize the damage done by statements like this. Thats a incredibly basic way of looking at things. Certain communities are susceptible to certain type of rhetoric and some aren't. You are still helping to convince people of this narrative whose circumstances leave them impressionable.

yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
you're definitely right, it's a pseudoscience

Reactions: FuneralCry and killedbypsychiatry
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
We're all on a suicide forum because therapy, medications, and other alternative treatments have failed to help us in some way. So you may come across people who are against it because of harmful experiences. Also we can all agree that mental health needs a massive overhaul, more focus on the root of the issue rather than placing a big bandaid over the symptoms and trying to change your brain into thinking positive.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, FuneralCry and 2 others
S

StarLight

Apr 17, 2021
My experience has been that it's either a totally neutral experience or it actively makes me feel worse. I guess talking to someone might feel sort of ok in the moment, but ultimately changes nothing. Plus I'm always thinking things over and talking to myself about things anyway, so by the time anything would come up in therapy I'd already have thought it to death anyway, and I've never had a therapist do or say anything that gave me any more perspective than I already had. Also my problems aren't anything that can be solved by talking or doing worksheets. Talking to myself is also significantly cheaper and doesn't come with the added discomfort of knowing you're paying someone to pretend to care for 45 minutes.

That said, I think it probably is helpful for some people, it's just a terrible fit for me. I tend to feel like therapy is most suited to the worried well, meaning people who are already perfectly functional and overall have good lives and strong support systems, but who may be going through some acute temporary situation that they'd like a little extra support while they process things and work things out. Basically I feel it's probably most helpful to people who would be fine without it anyway because they would work through their issue with it without it. Plus it seems like depending on what exactly it is you're struggling with it might be a lot harder to find someone to work with as lots of therapists seem to only want to deal with "easy" cases.

Reactions: Thisgirlwantstosleep
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Therapy can be helpful, meds can be helpful. I have seen medication completely change people. It hasn't worked for me as it probably hasn't for you but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for anyone. I'm sorry these things have let you down, I completely understand. But I can say with certainty that there are people for which these things are lifesaving.