alonely

alonely

exists by being merely labeled
Jul 1, 2023
Therapists have to diagnose you, you can't refuse a diagnosis. Insurance won't cover it if you don't get diagnosed.

Diagnosis goes on your medical record. All doctors can see your medical record. It goes on background checks if mental health is included on the check.

So going to therapy to try to get better would result in limitations. Rights to buy things can be taken away. It can affect your ability to get visas. Etc.

Guess I'm not going to therapy. Guess I'm never going anywhere for mental health help or treatment. Guess I'm forever stuck fighting this shit alone. Not having that shit on my permanent records to affect the rest of my life negatively. I want all the rights as everyone else. I want to keep my options open for traveling and living in other countries. The "help" is not worth giving that up.

I'm so fucking stuck and exhausted. Fuck this system. They make life a living hell, won't let you die, won't help you get better.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, Disappointered, Lucilius and 2 others
Temporal_Anchorite

Temporal_Anchorite

wanting outta this bitch
Sep 23, 2022
I don't know what country you're in, but a psychiatric diagnosis shouldn't hinder your ability to apply for a visa. The information contained in your medical records is confidential.

But you are correct regarding the medical insurance policy though. However, if the clinician or psychologist is hesitant to make a definitive diagnosis, they may just write down "Adjustment Disorder" as a tentative noncontroversial diagnosis so that the session will be covered by insurance.

Last edited:
Reactions: alonely
alonely

alonely

exists by being merely labeled
Jul 1, 2023
I don't know what country you're in, but a psychiatric diagnosis shouldn't hinder your ability to apply for a visa.
Unfortunately I researched quite extensively, and many places and visas require a "certificate of good health" or something similar, especially for moving to those countries. Many require both physical and mental health statements from a doctor. I've read several cases of people being denied for various countries due to notes of anxiety and depression in their letter.

While it is confidential information and doctors cannot share this without your consent, the health letters are mandatory for applications, so if you want to apply, you have to consent to that information being shared by your doctor.

• Informative
Reactions: Celerity and Disappointered