iknowwhatyouredoing

iknowwhatyouredoing

something inside turned the lights out
Jan 30, 2020
honestly i'm not sure what a therapist can do to help with my situation but i'm desperate. as much as dying seems like a good option for me i know im not ready yet and i can't inflict that grief on everyone right now. not yet... i haven't gone to a therapist in a few years so i hope i can get a good one right away without too much shopping around. only 7 months left on my parent's insurance, i'm not sure what i'm gonna do after that :\

• Hugs
Reactions: braziliansuicidegirl
braziliansuicidegirl

braziliansuicidegirl

Nov 9, 2020
Hey, some people have bad experiences with therapists, but I can say that psychotherapy saved my life. It may be awkward at first, and you may feel like it's not helping, but don't give up. You want to live and feel better, I see that, in your words, this is the most important thing in a therapeutic process. Look for a good professional who makes you feel comfortable. A good therapeutic relationship is essential. I hope everything goes well in your therapy, and don't give up if it's not what you expected at the beginning. :)

Last edited:
HopingOnaMiracle

HopingOnaMiracle

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
In my opinion it's always good to try your options for recovery. Therapy is one of those options but theres more. Check out the sticky thread. I have tried many and they dont work. But still there are options like ECT (the last resort)