• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

EdibleGasMask

EdibleGasMask

Jan 30, 2020
Hey everyone,
I've never been to therapy before so I'm only asking things from what people have told me over the years so if you can tell me anything additional to watch out for it's much appreciated. If you exhibit signs of suicidal thoughts or behavior do they have the right to throw you in a ward against your will. If you tell a therapist about your depression does it inhibit your ability to own a fire arm, join the military, etc. I know that in California they have a red flag law where if someone thinks you are a danger to yourself or others the cops can just waltz up to your door and take your guns because some dipshit knows you go to therapy. If the point of a therapist is to help you why do I feel like I would have to lie to not have my rights taken away and sorry if these questions have been asked or seem redundant google doesn't provide answers to these questions they hide the info.

• Hugs
Reactions: nitrogennitrite2, LittleJem, Circles and 4 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
They can't do anything if you say you're suicidal but don't have a plan (anywhere in America as far as I know.) Don't say you have a specific plan.

If you tell a therapist about your depression does it inhibit your ability to own a fire arm, join the military, etc.

I think if you're diagnosed it might but I don't know for sure. I know in some states in regards to fire arms it doesn't.

Reactions: LittleJem and EdibleGasMask
G

gothgirl1996

Jun 24, 2019
Hey everyone,
I've never been to therapy before so I'm only asking things from what people have told me over the years so if you can tell me anything additional to watch out for it's much appreciated. If you exhibit signs of suicidal thoughts or behavior do they have the right to throw you in a ward against your will. If you tell a therapist about your depression does it inhibit your ability to own a fire arm, join the military, etc. I know that in California they have a red flag law where if someone thinks you are a danger to yourself or others the cops can just waltz up to your door and take your guns because some dipshit knows you go to therapy. If the point of a therapist is to help you why do I feel like I would have to lie to not have my rights taken away and sorry if these questions have been asked or seem redundant google doesn't provide answers to these questions they hide the info.
It honestly depends on the therapist. If you're meeting a therapist for the first time, then DON'T mention that you're suicidal! I was sent to a crisis shelter when I mentioned that at the first session.

Reactions: LivideLamb, LittleJem, Meditation guide and 1 other person
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Do NOT tell any therapist you're suicidal, because they may be obligated to report that in order to keep their licenses.

However, even if you are NOT a Catholic, you can go into ALL the detail you want about suicide plans during FREE confessions, because Catholic priests are obligated by the holy sacrament of confession to keep their mouths shut, no matter what you say, or what the law says they are supposed to report. (So if say, you are a serial rapist of children and go into detail with a priest about what you have done to those children, the priest has no choice but to keep his mouth shut about it or be excommunicated, even if the law requires him to report the child rapes you described committing in confession to the authorities. As far as the sacrament of confession is concerned, God>Man's Law.)

You do NOT have to be careful about what you say in confession. A priest may tell you you have to go to the police or a therapist, but that priest himself cannot say a word to anybody about it but you. Confession is confession, the safest and cheapest form of therapy which exists.

Reactions: LittleJem and EdibleGasMask