KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
i think ive been with this one for too long...
the sighs, the "okay well lets think positive this time."
the hidden eye rolls.
the ignoring of vents, to say some more "if u thought positive, blah blah"
anyone else?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Helpneedtips, Bct, SuicidalSymphonies and 4 others
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
To me it seems like there's little they can do. I've never seen a clinical psychologist, who I have a high amount of respect for through reputation, but other psychologists and care staff didn't seem to be able to offer me anything new.

How would you prefer them to respond?

Reactions: Helpneedtips and DeadButDreaming
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I just stopped the therapy. Too expensive. Due to side effects wasted a lot of money I could not spend then. I think it is better to seek help from those who managed to dominate over the illness. Healthy people cannot do much to us.

Reactions: Helpneedtips, roju, Bct and 1 other person
laiduponit

laiduponit

sleeping
Jul 2, 2019
I just stopped the therapy. Too expensive. Due to side effects wasted a lot of money I could not spend then. I think it is better to seek help from those who managed to dominate over the illness. Healthy people cannot do much to us.

This is great advice honestly. The best advice and help you can get for something you have is usually if not mostly by those that have themselves experienced it and managed to live with it or conquered it.

Not to say therapists can't help, but I feel like most of them don't have the experience to know where to start.

• Love
Reactions: Helpneedtips, Bct and faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
This is great advice honestly. The best advice and help you can get for something you have is usually if not mostly by those that have themselves experienced it and managed to live with it or conquered it.

Not to say therapists can't help, but I feel like most of them don't have the experience to know where to start.
This is how it works. Musicians are taught by musicians, artists by artists, inventors are inspired by other inventors. We are on different sides of barricades with psychiatrists; maybe they know what to do, but knowledge and experience are not the same.

Reactions: Bct and laiduponit
pentobarbitaldreams

pentobarbitaldreams

Jun 11, 2020
Therapy is the most useless shit in the world. I honestly don't see how it even helps the people that it helps. They just give you platitudes and let you rant at them. If that makes you feel better, good for you, but I really don't see the point.

Reactions: Helpneedtips, rhiino, Bct and 3 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I feel like when therapists say that, it is partly because they don't know anything better to say and while it doesn't help, it is the lesser of multiple evils (and platitudes) that I normally experience. Also, I'm speaking from my previous therapist experiences over the course of my life with the most recent being more than 2 years ago.

Therapy is the most useless shit in the world. I honestly don't see how it even helps the people that it helps. They just give you platitudes and let you rant at them. If that makes you feel better, good for you, but I really don't see the point.
Exactly, this is why I don't see them anymore. They offer nothing of use to me and while I'm not knocking on anyone who may find them helpful, it's just that it's overrated and touted as the go to solution for many of life's problems. For someone like me, who is a deep thinker, logical thinker, and have my own wants and needs, therapy (along with many of their platitudes, idealistic, convenient lies) simply cannot help me and may even hurt me (the risk of saying the wrong thing and getting probed, questioned via a risk/threat assessment, and worst case getting involuntarily committed, sent to a (temporary) psych hold. There is simply just nothing positive coming out for me.

Reactions: Helpneedtips, Bct and pentobarbitaldreams
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
I recommend the short story 'The Depressed Person' by David Foster Wallace for some therapy satire.

Reactions: KiraComplex
Thirdtimesthecharm

Thirdtimesthecharm

Mar 27, 2020
and may even hurt me (the risk of saying the wrong thing and getting probed, questioned via a risk/threat assessment, and worst case getting involuntarily committed, sent to a (temporary) psych hold.
Same. I can't fucking stand therapists it's clear that none of them care about anything except their big paycheck. They're manipulative and untrustworthy at the first sign of suicidal ideation they'll wave their hand and whip you away to a rubber room. Scumbags the lot of them. Can't even tell you how many times I've contemplated murdering my old therapist.

NoPlaceForme

NoPlaceForme

We wanted peace
Jun 13, 2020
My therapist actually cares about me, although it might seem hard to believe. She deeply empathizes with me, but only to an extent of course. It does always end up in the same rhetoric being spewed at me. Of course though, she can't just go and say ok you can go CTB, or approve of it. At this point it's just somewhere I go to vent and bide my time until I CTB soon. It is unfortunate though, because it's always just been a temporary solution for me and many others.

Thirdtimesthecharm

Thirdtimesthecharm

Mar 27, 2020
My therapist actually cares about me, although it might seem hard to believe. She deeply empathizes with me, but only to an extent of course. It does always end up in the same rhetoric being spewed at me. Of course though, she can't just go and say ok you can go CTB, or approve of it. At this point it's just somewhere I go to vent and bide my time until I CTB soon. It is unfortunate though, because it's always just been a temporary solution for me and many others.
Keep in mind that they're trained to make you think that. imo therapy is just a glorified interrogation.

Reactions: pentobarbitaldreams and NoPlaceForme
NoPlaceForme

NoPlaceForme

We wanted peace
Jun 13, 2020
Keep in mind that they're trained to make you think that. imo therapy is just a glorified interrogation.
I know what you mean. But even after leaving her years ago she responded instantly and came to see me even when the place was closed and in person visits were not even meant to be happening, she didn't have to. I honestly believe she's one of the very few. But on a whole I agree it is just that. At the end of the day she probably only cares to an extent anyway.

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
i think ive been with this one for too long...
the sighs, the "okay well lets think positive this time."
the hidden eye rolls.
the ignoring of vents, to say some more "if u thought positive, blah blah"
anyone else?
Well, that sucks.

• Love
Reactions: KiraComplex