• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

newlifeimmigration

newlifeimmigration

Jul 17, 2024
Mostly just venting because I am really at the end of my line. If anyone has been in a similar situation or has some insight of something I'm missing I would really like advice. I'm sorry for whining.

Yesterday I had a session with my therapist where she basically spent the entire hour telling me about how she didn't know how to help me because I didn't communicate well enough or something. And that my phq-9 score had increased and it's basically maxed out now which obviously is a sign therapy isn't working even though that's a huge assumption and I never stated that I felt that way. I have trouble with shutting down and not being able to speak during therapy and I thought it would be different this time because I got a therapist that specializes in cptsd & DID but it's literally not everything is just the same. She kept pushing the idea that I should get a new therapist even though I had already told her there was nobody else in this niche taking clients. I would chalk this all up to her just being a shitty therapist but this has happened with literally every therapist I've seen. Like I've had to have this conversation 3 times now. I don't think I'm going to find "the right therapist" if I keep trying. I think I'm just fucked. They always ask the same questions too. Like "what made you come into therapy" "why do you keep coming in to sessions when you don't say anything" etc. It's like they're saying why are you even trying. Why haven't you given up yet. Why aren't you dead yet.

Last year I even tried to admit myself to the hospital and they literally told me it wasn't that bad and made me leave. But of course they still sent me a massive bill and everything. I used to have friends too but one of them did something to me that I literally can't make myself type out and when I tried to talk about it people told me they didn't want to hear about it and silently cut me out of everything. Nobody else knows that I exist and my family doesn't care about me either it's 1000 years of neglect over here. I tried to explain to my therapist that there's nothing left that is going to help me if therapy doesn't work but I don't think anything I said was understood. I almost wanted to blurt out that it she doesn't help me I'm going to buy a gun but I didn't want to get warded and also saying stuff like that goes against my morals. But it's really how I feel

My life is unbearable it literally hurts to think and I'm scared of like half of all normal things. I have to get high all the time to get through it but it makes me stupid and stops me from doing anything fulfilling with my life. I don't really want to die but I feel like I have to do it because all signs are pointing towards suicide as the only solution. I genuinely want help and I practically beg for it but nothing ever happens. I feel so stupid and insane that I keep trying when it never works. Like, this retard hasn't caught on yet to the fact that it's not going to get help. God is pointing and laughing. Idk. Can anyone hear me.lol?

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: quietly_gone and Endless_suffering
Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

šŸ¤˜
Jul 12, 2024
I actually know how you feel. I have a shit therapist. But I have Medicaid (government insurance) and I can't window shop for a new therapist because of that my parents never cared what happened to me my sisters cut me off when I was 16 I'm 37 now the only ppl who give a literal shit about what happen to me live in Maryland and Virginia and haven't seen me since I was like 15 and in foster care. And maybe my husband but my marriage is complicated. I love my husband but damn if my marriage ain't complicated. My therapist accused me of playing games last time I saw him coz I didn't feel like talking to him or anybody. Just coz I was so depressed. Guess that my depressed makes me manipulative or something in his eyes. I just didn't wanna talk. I was that shut down. I was on the verge of CTB but could not let him figure it out and he didn't. Now I have no respect for him at all.

Jake.123

Jake.123

Feb 18, 2019
Check pm if u wanna talk also u need a new therapist they can go to hell theyre wrong

MidnightCat

MidnightCat

Still 3 more lives to go.
Jan 1, 2023
I feel you.

I remember when a therapist told me she couldn't help me. It was around 3/4 years ago, after trying a few therapists and running out of money thanks to my depression not letting me work...

Decided to contact an foundation for depressed people that offered therapist at a reduced cost, so have it a try.

Had a first meeting, didn't go too smoothly but whatever. Next session, she asked me how I felt, so I tried to answer the question as best as I could (took like 3 minutes of me explaining I had a really bad night with suicidal ideation..) and she went like: Oh... Sorry, I just... Had these "exercise" prepared (something dumbish like try to sing something good that happened today) but now I'm confused if I should stick with the plan, I didn't really plan for you to go deep into explaining...

So I smiled defeated and tried to comply with what she wanted me to do.

10 minutes later, she was telling me that she's sorry but has no idea how to help me, that she's not prepared for a case like this, that she cannot help me and should try another therapist.

I had no connection to this woman. We've talked for less than 2 hours of our lives. But that just hurt, makes you feel like noone can help even if you try really hard to get help... And it really sucks.