Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Douglas Adams was joking, but he was right.
I mean look at this shit, I could find this on my motherboard:
4cdd107e d438 49c9 98b6 416dd4033e0a

We're turning the planet into a computer and it's contemplating misery.

Reactions: purplesmoothie, StateOfMind, Deleted member 4993 and 5 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Brick In The Wall and Xocoyotziin
Jellyfish42

Jellyfish42

Aug 23, 2020
And as of recent a 'virus' has been damaging our harddrive. Sadly our antivirus software has yet to catch up and destory the breach in security.

• Aww..
Reactions: antigone_iris, Deleted member 4993, _Minsk and 5 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Maybe there are no more security updates for our OS because the developer no longer supports it.

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, _Minsk, Brick In The Wall and 2 others
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
@Jellyfish42
Too true. My T-cell buddies are hopefully faring better in terms of mobilizing than I am.
Also holy shit your name has 42 in it. That's quite a coincidence.

@Underscore
My favorite is when Arthur taught himself how to fly. If you've ever practiced meditation it's a very apt metaphor for the barriers that prevent doing it successfully. The collective belief in something's impossibility often defines its impossibility, as well as the fixation on wanting to do something over just doing it. Labels distort the objects they're attached to.

Last edited:
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
How do I turn it off?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Brick In The Wall, Skathon and 3 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Btw I actually figured out the ultimate question several years ago. :blarg:
How do I turn it off?
I think it's already shutting down. Otherwise just yank the plug I guess.

I post this a lot (it's even on my profile), but hey, it's The Guide and the Eagles so win win. Something to listen to as the world ends. Lucky escape for Arsenal if it did...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Sensei, Lupgevif and 1 other person
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Yo you better tell me because I'm going nuts over here :ehh:

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Too true. My T-cell buddies are hopefully faring better in terms of mobilizing than I am.
Also holy shit your name has 42 in it. That's quite a coincidence.

@Underscore
My favorite is when Arthur taught himself how to fly. If you've ever practiced meditation it's a very apt metaphor for the barriers that prevent doing it successfully. The collective belief in something's impossibility often defines its impossibility.
I remember that and it's true. The same could be said for insomnia and getting to sleep. The more you try to do it, the harder it is to achieve. I had to learn to let go and stop trying to make it happen. This goes to show that... In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move.
Yo you better tell me because I'm going nuts over here :ehh:
What, the question?

Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Er, yes, I guess. I assumed you meant you found the answer but now that I think about it I'm not sure what the question is either.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
The answer is 42. The Earth was created to find the question.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, _Minsk, Sensei and 2 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
there are common pattern in this universe repeating itself:)

A000646 We are nature close up of a small leaf blood vessels of a human heart river network of the ama EVfUzGOUUAEBlyG Emergent patterns in nature A lot of species forms a different low level rules complex Q320 8690621e76f857bf72a62ffdd048b312

maybe the universe is just a small calculation unit stacked together, powering something bigger ahah jk, but who knows. if the entire universe really looks like the pic below, we might just be a slim part of a huge neural network

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, StateOfMind, Deleted member 1465 and 5 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, Deleted member 4993, Brick In The Wall and 2 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

Dec 9, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Brick In The Wall, Xocoyotziin and 1 other person
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020

View attachment 45848View attachment 45849View attachment 45850View attachment 45851View attachment 45852

maybe the universe is just a small calculation unit stacked together, powering something bigger ahah jk, but who knows. if the entire universe really looks like the pic below, we might just be a slim part of a huge neural network
View attachment 45853
AHHH BUT LOOK AT HOW DIFFERENT THOSE PATTERNS ARE FROM OURS!!!
Not like universal conformity is the way to go, I mean fuck the universe, but is our way so much better?

It seems to be all about geometric fractals and fibonacci number sequences.
There could be some deep order to things despite the apparent chaos and meaninglessness.
But then you get to the point where that chaos is no longer apparent because the natural order is implied, and shit really hits the fan and you wonder what the fuck is going on.

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, _Minsk, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
If the world is a computer, I think it needs to be restored to factory settings.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, _Minsk, esse_est_percipi and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I wouldn't worry too much. Eventually we're gona wipe ourselves out and it'll be like nothing happened.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Sensei, _Minsk and 3 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018

View attachment 45848View attachment 45849View attachment 45850View attachment 45851View attachment 45852

View attachment 45853
Yes. That's an observation I have made too. One pattern, repeated at different levels via different media. It appears to be expressed by a fractal recurrence and can be seen repeating in the pictures you posted. These are not similar patterns, they are the same pattern over and over, they just appear different depending on the scale, complexity and interference of interacting wave-forms/probability-density functions.
Which puts us...somewhere in the mix of both a much bigger and much smaller system.
If the world is a computer, I think it needs to be restored to factory settings.
I wonder if that is inevitably slowly happening. If there IS one pattern, then it's the same throughout all sub-systems; carbon or silicon based, and exists at a fundamental sub-atomic level in all matter/energy. It looks different at different sizes due to increasing complexity and becomes interpreted at it's currently most complex state as life.

@_Minsk I've bookmarked your post with the pictures, I'd like to re-post it in future if I may?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk and esse_est_percipi
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
If we took all the physical variables that made it possible for life to evolve on earth and applied them again after a reset, wouldn't the result be very similar if not the same?

Last edited:
Reactions: _Minsk
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
If we took all the physical variables that made it possible for life to evolve one earth and applied them again, wouldn't the result be very similar if not the same?
I believe there have been computer models that attempted to simulate this. And the results were wildly different each time. Not what they were expecting. However, I can't find the study and I've no idea how detailed their parameters were.

Reactions: StateOfMind and _Minsk
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
If we took all the physical variables that made it possible for life to evolve one earth and applied them again, wouldn't the result be very similar if not the same?
maybe not, because things get astronomically complicated when you consider the nature of mutation, and quantum biology.
Even if it was possible to reset the initial atomic, chemical and molecular conditions on earth to be exactly the same, life would probably evolve differently.
I think this was what s.j. gould was getting at when he said: "Replay the tape of life a million times, and I doubt that anything like Homo sapiens would ever evolve again.."

Last edited:
Reactions: StateOfMind and Deleted member 1465
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
The answer is 42. The Earth was created to find the question.

" In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "

Reactions: _Minsk
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
The laws of nature are inscrutable enough. But the really fascinating thing is the possibility of true randomness and how it appears to be intrinsically built into a supremely ordered system. I imagine the pattern to have a relatively simple equation that then becomes more and more complex as randomness applies more and more interference.

Edit: buggrit, now I'm reading about equations of everything and the maths is way over my head.

Reactions: StateOfMind, _Minsk and esse_est_percipi
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
maybe not, because things get astronomically complicated when you consider the nature of mutation, and quantum biology.
Even if it was possible to reset the initial atomic, chemical and molecular conditions on earth to be exactly the same, life would probably evolve differently.
I think this was what s.j. gould was getting at when he said: "Replay the tape of life a million times, and I doubt that anything like Homo sapiens would ever evolve again.."

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
_Minsk

_Minsk

Dec 9, 2019
Yes. That's an observation I have made too. One pattern, repeated at different levels via different media. It appears to be expressed by a fractal recurrence and can be seen repeating in the pictures you posted. These are not similar patterns, they are the same pattern over and over, they just appear different depending on the scale, complexity and interference of interacting wave-forms/probability-density functions.
Which puts us...somewhere in the mix of both a much bigger and much smaller system.

I wonder if that is inevitably slowly happening. If there IS one pattern, then it's the same throughout all sub-systems; carbon or silicon based, and exists at a fundamental sub-atomic level in all matter/energy. It looks different at different sizes due to increasing complexity and becomes interpreted at it's currently most complex state as life.

@_Minsk I've bookmarked your post with the pictures, I'd like to re-post it in future if I may?
sure, i also just copied them from the net somewhere. im very interested in your post!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 1465
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
If we took all the physical variables that made it possible for life to evolve on earth and applied them again, wouldn't the result be very similar if not the same?

Perhaps. I'd say it's worth a gamble, though.