ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
It's just fucking ridiculous. Who made it a rule that guys can't ever have long hair, shave their legs, paint their nails, or wear short shorts? And I know I'm thinking of the most obviously feminine stereotypes, but some guys out there really do, do some of these things, and are even unfairly bullied for it. It sucks ass.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, LastLoveLetter, Rogue Proxy and 13 others
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Agreed! Self-expression is important! I personally think that the most handsome men are men with long hair and maybe a tiny bit of make-up. And any man instantly gains 5 points if they wear short shorts.

I hate how people think that someone is automatically gay if they show a bit of skin or wear make-up. I also really don't like how on gaming forums especially, it's really common to see someone say "That character shows skin! That must mean they are gay!".

I wish society let men wear and dress however they want.

• Love
Reactions: OceanBlue, Rogue Proxy, whywere and 6 others
meghead

meghead

Jan 27, 2021
Agreed. It's so harmless, yet so discouraged and for no reason whatsoever.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: whywere, ConfusedHurting2632, Silenos and 2 others
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
It's just fucking ridiculous. Who made it a rule that guys can't ever have long hair, shave their legs, paint their nails, or wear short shorts? And I know I'm thinking of the most obviously feminine stereotypes, but some guys out there really do, do some of these things, and are even unfairly bullied for it. It sucks ass.
You... I like you.

If you look at my profile you can see why.

• Love
Reactions: bleeeeeep, whywere, ConfusedHurting2632 and 1 other person
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
It's all made up nonsense but probably so is your reason for wanting to wear a dress without even knowing it. Do you really want to or is it just a big fuck you? I don't get it but it makes no difference to my life so do what you want to do. Why even wear clothes at all? We'd be more exposed and more vulnerable which can only be a good thing. Nothing and nowhere to hide. I have long hair and have always thought one gender should be the hairy one and the other not if we're going to try to make sense of this at all but women aren't allowed hair on their bodies despite being the ones who more often than not have the longer hair on their head. Whoever made this shit up one bored day must be laughing that some of it stuck

• Wow
Reactions: ConfusedHurting2632
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I like when straight guys dabble in nail polish. Mad respect for guys who break boundaries on what men are allowed to do. There was a time a woman wearing pants was a radical rule breaking thing, hopefully someday femininity in men can be so normalized we don't think twice about a man wearing makeup or a dress.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Silenos, whywere and 4 others
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
What the are you talking about?, at this time the male man is condemned to the extreme. On television, in series and movies, men are increasingly feminized and hated for their masculine features as if it were a bad thing. I don't live in a particularly "Liberal" country and yet they always make fun of me for not shaving my legs or chest... so I guess it depends on the environment and how old you are... the world has changed a lot

• Wow
Reactions: Fragile and ConfusedHurting2632
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I absoloutely agree. Where I live males with hair past a certain length can experience verbal abuse, and even receive physical violence.

Those who are against males growing their hair long(er) argue that it is wrong because it is "girly", or that it signifies general weakness. However one of the traits of masculinity, at least from a western cultural perspective, is to not be overly emotional; yet these same self-proclaimed masculine "alpha males" seem to be upset by something which is mostly superficial. I think that this shows too much emotional sensitivity on their behalf.

There are a few good reasons for why long hair is prohibited such as for the purpose of health and safety in a dangerous occupation, but this is different.

• Love
Reactions: Silenos, whywere, settheory and 2 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I've always done my best to be unobtrusive and unremarkable so I don't believe in sticking your neck out just to make a statement. People are shit and will eat you for breakfast if you don't fit a certain mold. Not that I want to wear nail polish or anything. I just feel like it's a solid survival tactic to blend in, at least on the surface. People's bullshit is really not worth it imo.

Reactions: ConfusedHurting2632
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
100% agree with you so very much. Back in 1982 I dyed my hair orange just for fun and I actually had people come up and ask if I was gay. Just so damn narrow minded.

When I told them that I am not gay but actually bi, yes, I am, and holy cow crap fit the fan. In fact, one time I was with a couple of others, and they were going to another town for pizza and asked if I wanted to go along. After pizza, they all left when I was in the bathroom in the pizza parlor and went back and I had to hitch a ride 35 miles back to my car. Afterward I heard that some found it hilarious that the "weirdo" (me) was burned by having to hitch hike the 35 miles back to my car.

I am 65 and I wear whatever makes me happy. Yes, I have had people, mostly guys stare at me as if I "have a screw loose" as I LOVE bright colors and I have actually had men ask if something was wrong with me. Why? because I do not wear more plaid and/or duller color clothes?

I never ever judge anyone EVER and we are all the same period and whatever makes one happy as far as clothes, nail polish, anything some have to get over it.

All my best to you, as I find you so refreshing and broad minded, thank you!

Walter

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, silent staring void, Eternally Dottie and 12 others
dreadpirateroberts69

dreadpirateroberts69

RRREEEEEEE (she/her)
Nov 4, 2021
It really is a shame how men are given such narrow parameters for how they're allowed to "acceptably" express themselves. It's all so arbitrary and pointless, people should be able to present themselves however they choose without being put down for it. Also, those who believe having long hair, nail polish, etc. as a guy makes you feminine are dumb imo, see Peter Steele of Type O Negative for example, he oozed masculinity
You... I like you.

If you look at my profile you can see why.
Your hair is amazing :o
100% agree with you so very much. Back in 1982 I dyed my hair orange just for fun and I actually had people come up and ask if I was gay. Just so damn narrow minded.

When I told them that I am not gay but actually bi, yes, I am, and holy cow crap fit the fan. In fact, one time I was with a couple of others, and they were going to another town for pizza and asked if I wanted to go along. After pizza, they all left when I was in the bathroom in the pizza parlor and went back and I had to hitch a ride 35 miles back to my car. Afterward I heard that some found it hilarious that the "weirdo" (me) was burned by having to hitch hike the 35 miles back to my car.

I am 65 and I wear whatever makes me happy. Yes, I have had people, mostly guys stare at me as if I "have a screw loose" as I LOVE bright colors and I have actually had men ask if something was wrong with me. Why? because I do not wear more plaid and/or duller color clothes?

I never ever judge anyone EVER and we are all the same period and whatever makes one happy as far as clothes, nail polish, anything some have to get over it.

All my best to you, as I find you so refreshing and broad minded, thank you!

Walter
You are so cool omg!! Keep doing what you're doing!

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, whywere, ConfusedHurting2632 and 2 others
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
People are gonna find a reason to look down on and judge others. Thats why acceptance has to come from the self first and foremost.

For the record I think long hair is fantastic on both men and women.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: whywere, Rogue Proxy, ConfusedHurting2632 and 1 other person
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, whywere, dreadpirateroberts69 and 1 other person
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
I've always done my best to be unobtrusive and unremarkable so I don't believe in sticking your neck out just to make a statement. People are shit and will eat you for breakfast if you don't fit a certain mold. Not that I want to wear nail polish or anything. I just feel like it's a solid survival tactic to blend in, at least on the surface. People's bullshit is really not worth it imo.
Your quote bares some semblance to this famous exchange:

It also reminds me of an anti-neurotypical joke I once found: Why don't I tell neurotypicals to eat shit? Answer: I don't want to endorse cannibalism.

Back on topic, it's completely imbecilic, disgusting, and shallow how most humans judge, discriminate, harass, stalk, assault, or even kill individuals who don't fit perfectly into the gender-based molds imposed onto them. Men with long hair, fingernail polish, shaved, wearing make-up, wearing dresses, ect. can be very aesthetically appealing! Personally, I have tons of respect for anyone who exhibits their true self.

Agreed! Self-expression is important! I personally think that the most handsome men are men with long hair and maybe a tiny bit of make-up. And any man instantly gains 5 points if they wear short shorts.

I hate how people think that someone is automatically gay if they show a bit of skin or wear make-up. I also really don't like how on gaming forums especially, it's really common to see someone say "That character shows skin! That must mean they are gay!".

I wish society let men wear and dress however they want.
Seriously?! They act like they've never seen the countless images of shirtless men plastered all throughout the American media. How the hell could they miss that?!

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, whywere, settheory and 4 others
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Your quote bares some semblance to this famous exchange:

It also reminds me of an anti-neurotypical joke I once found: Why don't I tell neurotypicals to eat shit? Answer: I don't want to endorse cannibalism.

Back on topic, it's completely imbecilic, disgusting, and shallow how most humans judge, discriminate, harass, stalk, assault, or even kill individuals who don't fit perfectly into the gender-based molds imposed onto them. Men with long hair, fingernail polish, shaved, wearing make-up, wearing dresses, ect. can very aesthetically appealing! Personally, I have tons of respect for anyone who exhibits their true self.

Seriously?! They act like they've never seen the countless images of shirtless men plastered all throughout the America media. How the hell could they miss that?!

Mobius-FF-Shot-03.jpg

I still haven't gotten over them censoring Mobius from Final Fantasy.

• Love
Reactions: whywere
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Who made these rules? Patriarchy.

Why are men bullied for having expressions stereotypically associated with women? Because patriarchy holds 'femininity' in contempt.

This is a 'toxic/fragile masculinity' conversation and shows how patriarchy also negatively affects men (as well as keeping them in power), if you don't like it - oppose the patriarchy and support gender equality.

Reactions: AtMostOkay, settheory and Sanva
Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die

A wise man can always be found alone.
Jan 12, 2022
Most of the negativity often comes from how we were raised. Though, I think that's slowly changing on how we perceive people. Some of it is innate and genetic about SI. Gotta remember we have only become a civilized society very recently and our evolution is going to have to have millions of years to catch up lol.

My brother is quite manly and has long hair. Literally always outside building stuff, rough outdoors type.

The other things I don't know. I agree it's not fair, but just be true to you. If you enjoy those things then go for.

Anyone who's different will always be bullied unless they fight back.

Last edited:
Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die

A wise man can always be found alone.
Jan 12, 2022

In the 80s guys with long hair, short shorts and painted nails were the kings of cool. Everyone wanted to be like them. I was just a kid in the 80s, but I still love the generation. I really love 80s movies and music.