I

Imgonnadie

Student
Oct 16, 2018
We've barely masked the cruelty of nature in our most advanced societies. We never truly will. All of civilization is built upon the backs of unfathomable suffering. Suffering is inevitable. It never ends, It will never end. Even when Earth is wiped out life will develop on another planet. It's unimaginable. I pretty much decided I can't kill myself. At least not while my mom is around. I've got to continue to suffer. Who's to say whatever comes after isn't suffering as well? Why does reality have to be like this? Fucking hell I feel like trash today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Outsider, Travis Pickle, Good4Nothing and 6 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Yes that is the truth of things at the barest level.

I used to think one day humanity could acheive a better society, economic system, etc. I am starting to think once again that the bad parts of "human nature" can't be overcome on the civilizational level.

All it takes is a one bad apple to spoil the bunch. And when there are billions of humans, there are also billions of bad apples. And even amongst those who might lean more towards the side of "good," they can also be tempted toward "evil" with the right incentive or excuse. And then there are those who don't care so long as they aren't the ones affected.

Even those so called "advanced societies" can barely even pretend to care about the victims of life.

Reactions: Good4Nothing, AutumnEmbers and BluesRunTheGame
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Ye, not looking too hot. At least I'm sure that there won't be any nerve endings in the afterlife. I personally think that when I ctb I'll be free from pain, and the best argument against that which I have come across isn't that great: "we have always been conscious, why would death change it?".