walt

walt

Mar 15, 2022
I just wanted to give a quick post highlighting my thoughts on the vaccine, and my previous thoughts on it, which were largely misinformed and guided mostly by paranoia. Maybe this can help someone out or reveal what kind of mentality is behind deniers etc.

When the vaccine first came out, I was actually pretty thankful. I'm a large believer in maintaining good public health, and a positive environment for discussions about science and things related to science. Unfortunately, I was born slightly immunocompromised, so I took it more seriously than your average person. I knew skepticism of it was going to be in full force in my country, but I never expected it to get to me, which it did. Regularly I browsed through social media, and a lot of it was littered with vaccine skepticism. Why? I thought to myself.

I can't really answer that question thoroughly, but because of my experiences with it, I can say a lot of it must have to do with ones already pre-existing paranoia. Whether this be skepticism of your government, your friends or family, or medical science in general, it feeds off of fear. I went digging through all of the studies people were throwing out there, the statistics, and this so-called "tyranny" of being forced to be vaccinated. None of it seemed to exist at all. The reports all confirmed what I had first thought, the vaccine is safe, efficient, has an extremely low mortality rate (lower than COVID-19), and all the side effects people have pointed to or fabricated are rare, or just false equivalencies in general.

(Even the VAERS numbers, as loose as they can be, confirm my original thoughts!!)

As much as I'd like to post everything I wrote to other people reporting about the vaccine, I cannot find those numbers any more. Unfortunately my old computer is gone. I urge anyone who actually develops a fear of the vaccine to do the research, and you will be shed light on this whole mess. The statistics are astonishingly different in any official reporting than what you read on social media. Regardless of if you do or do not, I feel sympathy for people who are extremely paranoid of medical science now, and scared of taking the vaccine. It is a scary place for anyone to be, really, arguing with your doctor, your family, or anyone you feel like is misguided.

Take care.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: artificial_ineptness, PreussenBlueJay, Dysgenic Pup and 3 others
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
I was going to get my 1st jab but they messed up my booking so I wasn't able to. Mum got all of hers and it caused some weird autoimmune disease.

Then someone in my home who is triple vaxxed contracted covid, I spent 14 days in the same room with them and didn't experience any issues whatsoever.

Now I've decided to leave it, and I'm glad I didn't get that 1st jab.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Astronauta, Manaaja and 2 others
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
I got the J&J vaccine not because I was afraid of the virus but because it would benefit me in other ways if I got it at the time (moving cities). Evident from the fact that I willing to get the vax in the first place, I always figured the fear was irrational and the vaccine is generally harmless, and my experience supports that assumption. However, I have always thought it should be a personal choice, just like it was for me. I don't care if you're unvaccinated, in fact, I'm done with the COVID hysteria all together. My city recently got rid of the mask mandate, so it appears many people are over it too.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GentleJerk, Fragile and walt
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
The mortality statistics are right in line with a normal to severe flu epidemic. I didn't buy the hysteria from day one. What I did see were forced vaccinations whereby the shot doesn't meet the criteria for a normal vaccine, and some adverse effects from it - some very serious and others that are "maybes" as far as whether the shot did in fact cause them.

All in all, it makes the most sense to basically do nothing. Tune it all out and continue life the way it was pre-pandemic. That's what I've attempted to do anyway.

Reactions: GasMonkey, Élégie, GentleJerk and 1 other person
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
I'd rather not get into my thoughts about the vaccine (and no, I don't think it has microchips in it, for the record) but I only got it so I could fly out to see my ex-fiancee for Christmas and I got J&J on purpose despite all the bad press it got about side effects because I hoped it might kill me lol.

• Aww..
Reactions: walt
M

mojabaka

Student
Apr 20, 2022
I took the "vaccine" and now I'm disabled which is why I'm here. I'm not even going to say what I wish for all peoplewho developed and pushed these "vaccines" to happen. These are literally not vaccines, but experimental gene therapies.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: PriestessOfVenus, Per Ardua Ad Astra, GasMonkey and 2 others
Astronauta

Astronauta

Student
Aug 9, 2022
Eu tomei uma vacina de covid em julho de 2021 w minha vida foi arruinada por causa dessa terapia genética. E sim essas vacinas tem.nanochips , hidróxido de grafeno é parasitas ( fiz microscopia de campo claro e escuro).EU SEI O QUE ESTOU DIZENDO. É MUITO MAIS ASSUSTADOR DO QUE PARECE.

meu ctb é devido essas " vacinas ". Era absolutamente saudável antes disso.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
C

CowsAreCool

Student
Sep 21, 2021
I just wanted to give a quick post highlighting my thoughts on the vaccine, and my previous thoughts on it, which were largely misinformed and guided mostly by paranoia. Maybe this can help someone out or reveal what kind of mentality is behind deniers etc.

When the vaccine first came out, I was actually pretty thankful. I'm a large believer in maintaining good public health, and a positive environment for discussions about science and things related to science. Unfortunately, I was born slightly immunocompromised, so I took it more seriously than your average person. I knew skepticism of it was going to be in full force in my country, but I never expected it to get to me, which it did. Regularly I browsed through social media, and a lot of it was littered with vaccine skepticism. Why? I thought to myself.

I can't really answer that question thoroughly, but because of my experiences with it, I can say a lot of it must have to do with ones already pre-existing paranoia. Whether this be skepticism of your government, your friends or family, or medical science in general, it feeds off of fear. I went digging through all of the studies people were throwing out there, the statistics, and this so-called "tyranny" of being forced to be vaccinated. None of it seemed to exist at all. The reports all confirmed what I had first thought, the vaccine is safe, efficient, has an extremely low mortality rate (lower than COVID-19), and all the side effects people have pointed to or fabricated are rare, or just false equivalencies in general.

(Even the VAERS numbers, as loose as they can be, confirm my original thoughts!!)

As much as I'd like to post everything I wrote to other people reporting about the vaccine, I cannot find those numbers any more. Unfortunately my old computer is gone. I urge anyone who actually develops a fear of the vaccine to do the research, and you will be shed light on this whole mess. The statistics are astonishingly different in any official reporting than what you read on social media. Regardless of if you do or do not, I feel sympathy for people who are extremely paranoid of medical science now, and scared of taking the vaccine. It is a scary place for anyone to be, really, arguing with your doctor, your family, or anyone you feel like is misguided.

Take care.
I have quite a few counterpoints as someone who refused the vaccine.

1) The term "denier" is loaded and shouldn't be used. People can have different judgments and perspectives, and even be factually incorrect, and not be "denying" anything. "Denial" implies objective truth and willful rejection of it. It shouldn't be used in discussions where people have legitimate concerns with the vaccine.

2) You put "tyranny" in quotes. I had family members threatened with termination. People were faced with giving up their education, jobs, and livelihoods over a personal medical decision. It's mostly over now, but it was here for a while. People in my home state weren't even allowed to go into public for a period without their "vaccine papers". You still cannot legally work in NYC. Or go to restaurants. That's tyranny in my book.

3) The vaccines aren't all that safe. That term is subjective. As a young male, there is a moderate risk of heart inflammation. You also must add in unknown effects of the vaccine, given it's a novel technology. I have a good friend who is vaccine injured (tachycardia) and another who developed temporary myrocarditis. Most of my friends who got the vaccine were bedwridden with flu symptoms afterwards. And my risk from Covid? In my 20s with no preexisting conditions? Nonexistent. For some people the benefits outweigh the risks, but not everyone.

4) The vaccines aren't effective. Not by a long shot. Again, most my friends have caught Covid after receiving two shots and a booster. The president of the US has caught Covid after three shots. It's at the point where there isn't even evidence the vaccine provides any immunity after a few months. "But it'll keep you out of the hospital!". You weren't going to end up in the hospital anyway. The majority of Covid cases are asymptomatic. The point of a vaccine is to provide immunity. That's why they're called immunizations. If you catch Covid after being vaccinated, your vaccine failed. And the vaccinated are catching Covid at comparable rates to the unvaccinated.

5) The VAERS numbers are atrocious. Significantly higher vaccine injuries than every other vaccine on the market, combined, going back 15 years.

I believe the vaccines were somewhat of a scam. Pfizer printed a handful of new billionaires with their cozy vaccine deal (paid with taxpayer dollars, for a vaccine that didn't work). The government got to consolidate their power and earn some political wins.

Did you know the #1 held stock among congressmen is Pfizer? Not surprising.

I'm not vaccinated and I don't plan to be. All I ask is other people continue to respect my choices. I was disturbed with how our country was, even just a year ago. But people were scared, and I see them coming around.

• Hugs
Reactions: GasMonkey and Élégie