• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

WhyAmIDyingInside

WhyAmIDyingInside

Jun 6, 2019
Hi, I am now here so please tell me if this toppic is not wanted here...

But I wanted to ask you guys if you have any tips to cope the with the urge to hurt oneself

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

Kjo

Kjo

Student
Jun 7, 2019
Self harm is so hard to quit.

It helps to have a quit partner - someone else that cuts that wants to quit. So you both just reach out when you have the urge so you take a moment to talk and reconsider it. This kept me clean for three years - admittedly doing it again though...

Sleeping pills help. Too tired to do anything. I take sleeping pills when I wake up and throughout the day...

All the other bullshit advice never helped - draw, play music, call a friend, go for a walk. Yeah never worked.

Reactions: crea_the_hopeless
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
I never did despite having urges to do so.
In my case i think the best protection i have is my cowardice. I just can't do it no matter how hard i think about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kjo
Kjo

Kjo

Student
Jun 7, 2019
I never did despite having urges to do so.
In my case i think the best protection i have is my cowardice. I just can't do it no matter how hard i think about it.
Nothing is cowardsess about not doing it. SI is strong and we all hurt in different ways.

Reactions: Darkhaven
crea_the_hopeless

crea_the_hopeless

Ugly queen
Feb 26, 2019
Self harm is so hard to quit.

Sleeping pills help. Too tired to do anything. I take sleeping pills when I wake up and throughout the day...

All the other bullshit advice never helped - draw, play music, call a friend, go for a walk. Yeah never worked.

This! I'm currently fighting the urge to self harm rn and im about to take a nap. Sleep helps a ton because often times you wake up forgetting why you went to sleep in the first place.

Also distraction. It may not take my mind completely off the urge but at least I'll be distracted from performing the act.

On the edge

On the edge

Jun 9, 2019
I occasionally self harm but I don't even want to stop. I don't get why it's looked down upon so much, as it can be a coping mechanism. In my case I cut, but I don't see what's wrong with it.

crea_the_hopeless

crea_the_hopeless

Ugly queen
Feb 26, 2019
same! People get so shocked and up in arms about it. Like I've been cutting myself for over a decade now. I know if I'm cutting deep enough to severely injure myself. It's just a cut, it'll heal and scar in time. It's not like I'm dying or hurting anyone.

Reactions: On the edge
WhyAmIDyingInside

WhyAmIDyingInside

Jun 6, 2019
In my case i just dont want the scares all over me because it will always remind me of the hard times... Also i cant cut because i am a nurse ^^ and people would notice