J

JustSwingingTheD

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
Ive often thought about how would it feel like to be one of the lucky ones. How it would feel like to be smart, good-looking, successful in something etc. I can't really quite get there, but there is one common thing that we share that gives me an idea.

See no matter how brilliant or lucky one gets, all that doesnt entirely take away basic human insecurities, and of all the questions that are involved with that. Why am i, what am doing here, whats the point of all this etc. Even those who have happy and fulfilling lives have to ask these questions from themselves from time to time. And ultimately, they get the same answer as i do. Silence. The universe is indifferent. The fun they get to have is ultimately a flash in the pan.

Looking at things this way, I'm not entirely sure having nothing to lose is such a bad thing after all.

Reactions: reor.mortem, NobodyKnowsMe and 710
NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
See no matter how brilliant or lucky one gets, all that doesnt entirely take away basic human insecurities, and of all the questions that are involved with that. Why am i, what am doing here, whats the point of all this etc. Even those who have happy and fulfilling lives have to ask these questions from themselves from time to time. And ultimately, they get the same answer as i do. Silence. The universe is indifferent. The fun they get to have is ultimately a flash in the pan.
This is so true. I've been successful in my career and my husband & I are doing well financially, but I still have my insecurities, my feeling of brokeness from the childhood abuse. I still wonder why am I here, why did I have to go through what I did, what the hell is the purpose of it all and why should I continue?

Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I'm not sure. I'm not sure.

• Yay!
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
This is why people who are into a vague energy New Age sort of higher power usually come across as a little turbulent and neurotic. They're trying to find meaning in something that doesn't give a shit.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui and Doombox
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I wish the Universe was also indifferent to trendy bullshit stories like the Amber vs Depp case. Just another flick for these two, in which they made millions. Boring and probably fake.

Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe