P

prkset

Jul 29, 2024
So I've been reading a lot about SN, particularly medical case studies involving both fatal and non-fatal SN ingestion. From what I've gathered, it seems to be a pretty reliable method, assuming you aren't found in time to receive sufficient medical treatment.

What I also noticed is that the old "salt water bus ticket" is actually VERY rare relative to other methods, and I'm wondering why.

1. It's super available, at least in the US. I mean, fucking Christ it seems I can get enough for 5 attempts for like under 20 bucks, completely legally.

2. Like I mentioned, if you don't call for help yourself and aren't found, and you do it right (keep enough inside without vomiting, anti-emetics, vkeeping a second or even third glass ready) your methemoglobin levels will rise, you will eventually become hypoxic, and you will catch that bus. I'm not a scientist but that's what its looking like to me. I'm fully ready to be wrong on this though.

3. It's relatively comfortable. I say relatively because obviously symptoms will be experienced and they likely won't be too pleasant. But I don't imagine it's going to be anything more than very uncomfortable, probably not even that.

So given all this, why is this such an unpopular method? It seems to be picking up momentum in recent years, although not enough to make anybody wake up and regulate it in the US (gotta love dumb people in power, right?) I've been shopping around for methods for a long time and I honestly feel like SN is the GOAT when you take into consideration its availability/potential effectiveness/potential comfort. I'm going to catch that bus, it's going to happen, but I don't wanna be that person tries and misses, ya know? Gotta do my due diligence.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Loona6546645, Rhymester and 3 others
F

failure383

Jul 2, 2024
  1. It's still very obscure and outside communities dedicated to suicide there is little information about it
  2. as a result of the first point, suicide by SN isn't as ingrained in the public conscious as hanging or jumping
  3. It isn't as available elsewhere as easily, Europe has it more difficult e.g.
  4. instinctively it may be unappealing to some people from it's nature (men for example tend to dislike poison as their preferred method)
The first two points are only a matter of time. The availability will get probably worse too in most countries over the span of the next decade (that's what I think, who knows what happens).

• Love
Reactions: Rhymester, Beyond_Repair, cowboypants and 4 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Are you sure it's the >95% pure SN you are seeing around unregulated? And do they sell to personal address and not a company one? I'm pretty sure i have the opposite information regarding availability and restriction. Isn't it the increased cases of SN suicide in the US that was the cause of the new bill regarding restriction of >10% SN?

Reactions: Loona6546645, Beyond_Repair, cowboypants and 3 others
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
as a result of the first point, suicide by SN isn't as ingrained in the public conscious as hanging or jumping
(men for example tend to dislike poison as their preferred method)
Imagine caring about culture even when you die. Like these points sound so insane to me. More insane than choosing the song to die to.

In Russo-Ukraine, SN is known as E250 and is available.

Reactions: Loona6546645, Praestat_Mori and Decided98
cowboypants

cowboypants

eating grass
May 7, 2024
Its getting regulated in India quietly let alone the US. lol

I ordered it quickly as i could after veryifying its a good method and after a month or two products began dissapearing off the sites. There has been already few cases here. Some very controvertial and tragic.

S

Soupster

Student
Aug 14, 2024
The only SN I've found in the US that's readily available is by the manufacturer PC. There are a number of threads here showing it does not test well for purity and is mostly nitrate rather than nitrite. Also reports of failed attempts with it.

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
Despite SN being prominently featured on this site, a lot of people CTB or attempt without knowing or having access to this site so it's understandable most people wouldn't know about it and try to it for their attempt

Plus as other people have mentioned, is has started becoming more regulated, sites that sell it are disappearing or only shipping to commercial addresses now

Reactions: Loona6546645
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's becoming harder to get I believe. Plus, the accompanying meds- especially prescription antiemetics aren't always that easy to obtain. I don't know how long it's been around for but it's a relatively newer method. I imagine it's one of the most popular methods here though.