• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

navin456

navin456

Dec 4, 2019
I used a makeshift tourniquet using a thin but sturdy dress belt (which is around 1cm in width) for the ligature and a wooden spatula as the "stick". The main issue with this method is pinching of the skin, which can be overcome by placing a piece of folded cardboard or some other thin and hard material under the knot. This is how it's described in 'Choosing a dignified ending':

"So, another solution was to be found; a planchette.
Any bit of chipboard, cardboard, a few playing cards, a folded used up book of matches - any bit of stiff paper slid under the knot can prevent binding. The knot can't easily put the hard, stiff surface into itself, thus more force is allocated towards constriction, rather than crushing."

Use a reef knot to make the loop and leave around three fingers gap between the ligature and your neck, and place the stick between your neck and the knot on the ligature. The stick should be positioned at either side of your neck. There's no need for any extra knots. After placing the ligature high up on the neck above the adam's apple, you need to turn the stick swiftly in either direction until dizziness sets in, and after you're done rotating, it will be stuck on your jawbone or your collarbone (or you can place it under your head if you're lying down) and will remain in that position. You can also put a plastic bag over your head before applying the tourniquet for an added assurance, but it's almost never necessary. I strongly recommend using a longer stick than a pen or a spoon (like the wooden spatula in my case), so that it's easier to turn.

The reason I'm recommending this method is that I managed to make myself dizzy with little effort and no pain. I felt my arms and legs getting weak and tingly so I quickly released the pressure as I wasn't ready then. I personally believe this to be a superior and much easier method than hanging (partial or full), as hanging never seemed to work for me. Various types of ligature material can work, but you do need to experiment so as to ensure minimal discomfort. I think soft materials like cloth work better.

This will be my method for CTB. I'd suggest reading through 'Choosing a dignified ending' and 'Five Last Acts' for more info about this method if you're going to attempt it. In my opinion, this method is potentially more peaceful and way less scary than suspension hanging.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: bwerner, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, meowmix and 20 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
i have also tried something similar to this but without all the things you listed and only a hand towel. i agree with you that it is better than partial and this is the method that i am strongly considering to use once my time comes. (night night method)

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, catperson, DeadHead and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Thank you for sharing the information, best wishes.

Reactions: catperson and Kerrtu
navin456

navin456

Dec 4, 2019
i have also tried something similar to this but without all the things you listed and only a hand towel. i agree with you that it is better than partial and this is the method that i am strongly considering to use once my time comes. (night night method)
Isn't "night-night" a different kind of method where you use a ratchet strap and cornhole bags? I've never tried that since I don't have access to all of the required parts, so it's hard to say how that compares to this method.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Isn't "night-night" a different kind of method where you use a ratchet strap and cornhole bags? I've never tried that since I don't have access to all of the required parts, so it's hard to say how that compares to this method.
Im just comparing it to this method because you said you felt a tingling sensation when you did your method and thats exactly what i felt when i did mine. I might consider your method, although it sounds quite complicated to me lol

navin456

navin456

Dec 4, 2019
Im just comparing it to this method because you said you felt a tingling sensation when you did your method and thats exactly what i felt when i did mine. I might consider your method, although it sounds quite complicated to me lol
It's just the text that may make it sound complicated, but the actual method is much simpler than night-night. Just refer to this diagram from 'Five Last Acts'. The only improvement is adding the "planchette" (as mentioned in 'Choosing a dignified ending') under the knot and along the curve of your neck. Screenshot 2023 07 12 03 51 39 162 orgreadera edit

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, ShornSoloists, suicidalgirl96 and 6 others
ctb-soon

ctb-soon

-
Jul 12, 2023
I used a makeshift tourniquet using a thin but sturdy dress belt (which is around 1cm in width) for the ligature and a wooden spatula as the "stick". The main issue with this method is pinching of the skin, which can be overcome by placing a piece of folded cardboard or some other thin and hard material under the knot. This is how it's described in 'Choosing a dignified ending':

Any bit of chipboard, cardboard, a few playing cards, a folded used up book of matches - any bit of stiff paper slid under the knot can prevent binding. The knot can't easily put the hard, stiff surface into itself, thus more force is allocated towards constriction, rather than crushing."

Use a reef knot to make the loop and leave around three fingers gap between the ligature and your neck, and place the stick between your neck and the knot on the ligature. The stick should be positioned at either side of your neck. There's no need for any extra knots. After placing the ligature high up on the neck above the adam's apple, you need to turn the stick swiftly in either direction until dizziness sets in, and after you're done rotating, it will be stuck on your jawbone or your collarbone (or you can place it under your head if you're lying down) and will remain in that position. You can also put a plastic bag over your head before applying the tourniquet for an added assurance, but it's almost never necessary. I strongly recommend using a longer stick than a pen or a spoon (like the wooden spatula in my case), so that it's easier to turn.

The reason I'm recommending this method is that I managed to make myself dizzy with little effort and no pain. I felt my arms and legs getting weak and tingly so I quickly released the pressure as I wasn't ready then. I personally believe this to be a superior and much easier method than hanging (partial or full), as hanging never seemed to work for me. Various types of ligature material can work, but you do need to experiment so as to ensure minimal discomfort. I think soft materials like cloth work better.

This will be my method for CTB. I'd suggest reading through 'Choosing a dignified ending' and 'Five Last Acts' for more info about this method if you're going to attempt it. In my opinion, this method is potentially more peaceful and way less scary than suspension hanging.

I am seriously considering this method but I am buying a commercially available tourniquet they can tie tighter and hold their position. They are available on Amazon.

• Informative
Reactions: UltimateTrip, SVEN and Kerrtu
navin456

navin456

Dec 4, 2019
I am seriously considering this method but I am buying a commercially available tourniquet they can tie tighter and hold their position. They are available on Amazon.
Won't the width of those tourniquets pose a problem? I think thinner ligatures are more effective for carotid compression with minimal discomfort. But I've never tried it with a commercial tourniquet so I don't really know.

Reactions: Kerrtu
Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

-
Sep 19, 2021
Won't the width of those tourniquets pose a problem? I think thinner ligatures are more effective for carotid compression with minimal discomfort. But I've never tried it with a commercial tourniquet so I don't really know.
This is something that I've only heard anecdotally today, so I don't know. I made a thread full of articles and the materials people use for the ligature seem quite varied really, some people are using thin wire and some people are using gymnastics bands...

Reactions: Sweet Tart and Kerrtu
ctb-soon

ctb-soon

-
Jul 12, 2023
I will test it. The ligatures can be very thin. Also I understand it takes less turns to achieve desired pressure. Also there are little clips designed to keep the pressure constant. It won't unwind.

Has it become your method?

Reactions: Sweet Tart and Kerrtu
Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

-
Sep 19, 2021
Any opinions on noise levels with this method? Wondering if I could do it after people have gone to sleep, etc..

Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
Thank you for explaining how it works; i wasn't familiar with this method and it sounds much more appealing than partial to me, which I was considering as a last resort.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Mauve87, ctb-soon and 1 other person
Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

-
Sep 19, 2021
Thank you for explaining how it works; i wasn't familiar with this method and it sounds much more appealing than partial to me, which I was considering as a last resort.
It's more appealing to me too. IDK why, it just seems more peaceful that you could do it lying down in bed etc.

Reactions: Mauve87 and Sweet Tart
Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

-
Sep 19, 2021
Can anyone explain why a thinner ligature helps?

navin456

navin456

Dec 4, 2019
Can anyone explain why a thinner ligature helps?
I guess it comes down to anatomical differences. I have a short neck and there's little space b/w my adam's apple and my lower jaw, so a thinner ligature applies pressure where it's required.

Ameya

Ameya

A nobody
Mar 22, 2021
It's just the text that may make it sound complicated, but the actual method is much simpler than night-night. Just refer to this diagram from 'Five Last Acts'. The only improvement is adding the "planchette" (as mentioned in 'Choosing a dignified ending') under the knot and along the curve of your neck.View attachment 115995
do you perhaps know the original source? A link would be nice

Fktw0rld

Fktw0rld

An end with suffering > Suffering without an end
Aug 29, 2022
I practiced this method for a long time. I used the same, wooden spoon, usually for pasta sauce. I found that if I twist the spoon clockwise I'm able to lengthen the bottom end and trap it behind my shoulder when I lay back. I actually love this method but chose partial only because of the feeling tourniquet gives. I hate the feeling of my head expanding and the getting ready to "pop" like a balloon pressure. It definitely does work though, and fast, especially with 2 tightly folded socks over both carotids to relieve pressure from the trachea.

• Love
Reactions: ctvunny and ctb-soon
Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

-
Sep 19, 2021
I guess it comes down to anatomical differences. I have a short neck and there's little space b/w my adam's apple and my lower jaw, so a thinner ligature applies pressure where it's required.
So the aim is to get the ligature as high up on the neck as possible?
I practiced this method for a long time. I used the same, wooden spoon, usually for pasta sauce. I found that if I twist the spoon clockwise I'm able to lengthen the bottom end and trap it behind my shoulder when I lay back. I actually love this method but chose partial only because of the feeling tourniquet gives. I hate the feeling of my head expanding and the getting ready to "pop" like a balloon pressure. It definitely does work though, and fast, especially with 2 tightly folded socks over both carotids to relieve pressure from the trachea.
Did you ever feel like you would faint with this? What did you use for the ligature with this?

Fktw0rld

Fktw0rld

An end with suffering > Suffering without an end
Aug 29, 2022
Did you ever feel like you would faint with this? What did you use for the ligature with this?
I use one of those cheap fabric belts that always come with cargo shorts. I soaked it a few times and twisted it to loosen and soften it up. Yes, luckily I was blessed with 2 friends who share the same mindset as myself. One was a member here, @Moose.000, who caught tb not too long ago. And another who's still with me. We go much further when experimenting and wake eachother up. I've blacked out via tourniquet and partial a countless amount of times. Tourniquet is super peaceful but requires some handwork and a little bit of mental fortitude. Partial, not so much. Just set up, enter and relax. Takes about 5 to 10 seconds to get lightheaded. No perseverance or mental fortitude is required, by the time you realize you're blacking out it's too late to fight it. Your body will go limp and remain where it is until you pass. That's been our experience atleast.

• Informative
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Mauve87, claraisnotcarol and 2 others
L

LilaBlues

Oct 2, 2023
Does anybody have experience using a tourniquet and can give a rough estimate how much practice it needs? I need a safe, sure method but I am too weak to do partial. I am currently in a hospital and I don't have much time to practice.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
claraisnotcarol

claraisnotcarol

from dust to dust
Oct 4, 2023
Does anybody have experience using a tourniquet and can give a rough estimate how much practice it needs? I need a safe, sure method but I am too weak to do partial. I am currently in a hospital and I don't have much time to practice.
I think practicing is easy. you will start feeling when you are about to pass out or when your eyes get blurry. that's when you gotta stop. I don't know how are you able to do it from the hospital tho.
you wanna do it there or are you waiting to get home?

L

LilaBlues

Oct 2, 2023
I think practicing is easy. you will start feeling when you are about to pass out or when your eyes get blurry. that's when you gotta stop. I don't know how are you able to do it from the hospital tho.
you wanna do it there or are you waiting to get home?
I am so sick, I probably will have to do it at the hospital at night. I have about every 2-3 hours somebody checking in on me. Problem is, I cannot get it to work so far. I try to do it over my Adam's apple and I really cannot get my carotids to shut or blurry vision. So I am very far away from passing out and then I am scared it might not work. So any help from tourniquet pros would be highly appreciated.
I use one of those cheap fabric belts that always come with cargo shorts. I soaked it a few times and twisted it to loosen and soften it up. Yes, luckily I was blessed with 2 friends who share the same mindset as myself. One was a member here, @Moose.000, who caught tb not too long ago. And another who's still with me. We go much further when experimenting and wake eachother up. I've blacked out via tourniquet and partial a countless amount of times. Tourniquet is super peaceful but requires some handwork and a little bit of mental fortitude. Partial, not so much. Just set up, enter and relax. Takes about 5 to 10 seconds to get lightheaded. No perseverance or mental fortitude is required, by the time you realize you're blacking out it's too late to fight it. Your body will go limp and remain where it is until you pass. That's been our experience atleast.
Could you please go into a bit more detail with regard to tourniquet and what you use to achieve this effect? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mare Imbrium
claraisnotcarol

claraisnotcarol

from dust to dust
Oct 4, 2023
I am so sick, I probably will have to do it at the hospital at night. I have about every 2-3 hours somebody checking in on me. Problem is, I cannot get it to work so far. I try to do it over my Adam's apple and I really cannot get my carotids to shut or blurry vision. So I am very far away from passing out and then I am scared it might not work. So any help from tourniquet pros would be highly appreciated.

Could you please go into a bit more detail with regard to tourniquet and what you use to achieve this effect? Any help would be highly appreciated.
I wouldnt do it. in my opinion, you are not gonna be able to do it because of your condition and seeing you're in a hospital, it easy that you get caught and have to face medical consequences (psyquiatric I mean)

don't worry if you can't do it now, hang on with us a little longer, we're here for you, and not going anywhere

D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
Exactly where on the neck should it be positioned?

L

LilaBlues

Oct 2, 2023
I wouldnt do it. in my opinion, you are not gonna be able to do it because of your condition and seeing you're in a hospital, it easy that you get caught and have to face medical consequences (psyquiatric I mean)

don't worry if you can't do it now, hang on with us a little longer, we're here for you, and not going anywhere
I will be probably hospitalized for a long time due to my conditions. I read the five last facts book, where it says it can be done in thirty minutes. And again at night I probably have a 3 h window to do it. Shouldn't that suffice?

I am not sure I will come out of the hospital, expect maybe make a run, which is difficult because I am not really abled anymore.

claraisnotcarol

claraisnotcarol

from dust to dust
Oct 4, 2023
I will be probably hospitalized for a long time due to my conditions. I read the five last facts book, where it says it can be done in thirty minutes. And again at night I probably have a 3 h window to do it. Shouldn't that suffice?

I am not sure I will come out of the hospital, expect maybe make a run, which is difficult because I am not really abled anymore.
maybe, but doesn't the hospital have cameras? and how are you gonna access to the materials? sorry, I don't know what's your illness and I don't want to pry either, but I don't want you to get caught and get things worse for you if you already are in a bad state
please update if you do anything🙏 I'll be checking if you are okay❤️
Exactly where on the neck should it be positioned?
just above your Adam's apple I think, pressing the artery

L

LilaBlues

Oct 2, 2023
maybe, but doesn't the hospital have cameras? and how are you gonna access to the materials? sorry, I don't know what's your illness and I don't want to pry either, but I don't want you to get caught and get things worse for you if you already are in a bad state
please update if you do anything🙏 I'll be checking if you are okay❤️

just above your Adam's apple I think, pressing the artery
Hi, the hospital doesn't have cameras in the rooms. Privacy laws. I would use nylons I have and a spoon. Or maybe I would take the rubber band out of my pyjamas. Something like that. I also don't want things to get worse.

Thanks for checking on me. That means a lot.

L

letmediealready

Oct 15, 2023
I've been trying this method for quite some time now. I can easily compress the arteries with my fingers but whenever I try it with objects they are either slipping away or not in the right spot to begin with.
Im wondering how yall are securing the things that put pressure on the arteries while turning the tourniquet.
When im trying im not getting dizzy or fainting, but im feeling some pressure in my head and my face is turning blue. I can breathe just fine.
Would this be enough to end myself or am I just gonna be a vegetable if I let this construction on for quite some time? Longest I've gone were 3 minutes.