Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die

A wise man can always be found alone.
Jan 12, 2022
Does anyone else long for the time before? Before metaverse, cell phones, computers and cars. When life was about survival at the basic level with the few comforts of a roof over your head, warmth and food. I wish I lived in the 1800s. My thoughts on wanting to leave this life are because society won't leave me alone and let me be. Expectations from the time you're a child until your dead. The endless cycle of the government milking us of all our time and money. I used to think my dream was a few hundred acres of land, a small cabin and a bunch of dogs. Sadly, even that simple dream costs an astronomical amount of money in our time. I'm tired of being a cog in the wheel of the machine. I just want to be alone and free. Everytime I've ever been sad or ever been hurt it's because of another person. It's because I had some expectation of them being a good person and they let me down. Do you know when I never get hurt, never feel sad? When I'm alone. My connection to this life isn't from others, it's from this earth. To awake on a bright chilly morning to the sounds of birds. A walk through the colors of changing leaves in the fall. Listening to the waves crash on the shore at night as a storm is rolling in. Don't get me wrong.. I'd love a partner to share all of this with. But in general I'd like to be as far away from everyone else as possible. I want a quiet life where I can live in peace.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, CrossroadsCurious, LADY007 and 8 others
lostautist

lostautist

wandering
Jan 12, 2022
Very much, yes. Homesteading.

Reactions: Live Free or Die
Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die

Jan 12, 2022
To live a simple and happy life. I see evil only in others. Walking the earth alone I see no evil. No one takes a walk through the mountains and sees evil in nature. Where there are more people, there is more evil. More sadness, more despair, more cruelty. The way people in big cities treat each other so callously breaks my heart on a daily basis. To live far from people, far from society with that primitive connection to our earth. There I know I would feel enlightened and joy. I know that is the end of my road. To live that life until I'm ready to go. I just hope to make it long enough to have this journey.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, ItsMe-Hecked and demuic
thereisthemist

thereisthemist

drops common loot when defeated
Nov 5, 2021
Before is just imagination in my capabilities, I wish I live in the before times, it was way easier to leave and make people not care about my existence.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel like in my case, I know that no matter what life I have I would still want to die, but if I had to live, I would prefer a quiet life far away from people and noise. I cannot stand people overall and they can be cruel. I need my own space from others. I find nature to be peaceful and relaxing. I wish you the best.

Reactions: Live Free or Die and demuic
KTbear

KTbear

This Be The Verse
Dec 15, 2021
Does anyone else long for the time before? Before metaverse, cell phones, computers and cars. When life was about survival at the basic level with the few comforts of a roof over your head, warmth and food. I wish I lived in the 1800s. My thoughts on wanting to leave this life are because society won't leave me alone and let me be. Expectations from the time you're a child until your dead. The endless cycle of the government milking us of all our time and money. I used to think my dream was a few hundred acres of land, a small cabin and a bunch of dogs. Sadly, even that simple dream costs an astronomical amount of money in our time. I'm tired of being a cog in the wheel of the machine. I just want to be alone and free. Everytime I've ever been sad or ever been hurt it's because of another person. It's because I had some expectation of them being a good person and they let me down. Do you know when I never get hurt, never feel sad? When I'm alone. My connection to this life isn't from others, it's from this earth. To awake on a bright chilly morning to the sounds of birds. A walk through the colors of changing leaves in the fall. Listening to the waves crash on the shore at night as a storm is rolling in. Don't get me wrong.. I'd love a partner to share all of this with. But in general I'd like to be as far away from everyone else as possible. I want a quiet life where I can live in peace.
1800s life? That's a no for me. https://www.iamcountryside.com/homesteading/simple-homesteading-life-in-the-1800s/

Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die

Jan 12, 2022
I just like the idea of spending my time everyday working on basic things for my life just to survive. I suppose it's to give me a sense of purpose, which I lack now. I mean, I could probably do as late as 1950s lol. But a lot of my negative thoughts come from not having a sense of purpose or self fulfillment. But if i HAD to do all of these things to survive.. my purpose is now self preservation.

Reactions: demuic
CrossroadsCurious

CrossroadsCurious

"Why do we do what we do?"
Dec 12, 2021
But a lot of my negative thoughts come from not having a sense of purpose or self fulfillment.

This right here is why there are wars practically every generation. Have to do something with all the 20 & 30 yr old bachelors and unemployed. Leaders and politicians know this and plan for it. Otherwise you get civil unrest (well more civil unrest anyways).

Reactions: Live Free or Die and demuic