N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Yeah I am runnning out of ideas for new threads. Maybe you can help me brainstorming.

I just finished a very long thread whether there are cliques on this forum but I deleted it because it could heat the conflicts which I wanted to help overcome with it.

There is a story about a famous football player. I read this several years ago. I can remember the name of this player though I can't find the source for the story and I don't want to spread fake news. The story is the following: He had depressions but one day he visited a hospice for children with terminal cancer. And after this experience his depression stopped. He saw life from another perspective. I wanted of say how absurd this story is. It kind of plays down depression and presents a wrong narrative. But I can't find the source for the story anymore. Without this thread I probably would have never shared that. My research had no success and I don't want to be seen like someone who invents stories just to mock them.

Another thread idea which I thought about. A megathread just for new members. Everything they need to know. I thought about telling them that we don't encourage each other concerning suicide, that they must be over 18, that they should not believe in the media narrative and rather should think for themselves. More information about the search function and the PM system. I did not do it because I was not sure whether this thread would be really necessary. Moreover maybe I am not skilled enough to make this one.

Do you have some new ideas for threads? I know this sounds kind of desperate but this is also partly true.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, katagiri83, TheSoulless and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I have never written an interesting thread ever, all of mine in the past have just been of me writing about how much I want to leave this world. I do think everything related to suicide has already been written about, if you want to know about a certain topic you can use the search function. Of course my comment is not helpful in any way, but I wish you the best.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rationaltake, TheSoulless and noname223
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The mega thread for new members could be interesting though it would probably have to be merged with the introductions thread and forced upon them like make it the only thread they have access to for the first couple weeks of their membership so that they are forced to look through it and learn all the information and guidelines it has to offer before they can use the rest of the forum.

People can be snapped out of depression all the time for almost any reason but at least for me, now that I'm aware of it as a method it probably won't work on me due to some inverse placebo effect where even legitimate treatments fail to work on me because of how skeptical and/or stubborn I tend to be. Seeing other people suffer usually just makes me wish they could have access to peaceful suicide methods too if that's what they want. If they're suffering more than me and taking it like a champ then they might as well be outer space aliens to me because I can't even fathom being the same species as someone with that amount of mental fortitude.

The bar for threads is incredibly low anyway so I don't think it matters much what you create but I do admire your penchant for trying to stimulate philosophical discussion or at least keep engagement going through interesting topics. Reminds me of GoodPersonEffed sort of.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and TheSoulless
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yeah I am runnning out of ideas for new threads. Maybe you can help me brainstorming.

I just finished a very long thread whether there are cliques on this forum but I deleted it because it could heat the conflicts which I wanted to help overcome with it.

There is a story about a famous football player. I read this several years ago. I can remember the name of this player though I can't find the source for the story and I don't want to spread fake news. The story is the following: He had depressions but one day he visited a hospice for children with terminal cancer. And after this experience his depression stopped. He saw life from another perspective. I wanted of say how absurd this story is. It kind of plays down depression and presents a wrong narrative. But I can't find the source for the story anymore. Without this thread I probably would have never shared that. My research had no success and I don't want to be seen like someone who invents stories just to mock them.

Another thread idea which I thought about. A megathread just for new members. Everything they need to know. I thought about telling them that we don't encourage each other concerning suicide, that they must be over 18, that they should not believe in the media narrative and rather should think for themselves. More information about the search function and the PM system. I did not do it because I was not sure whether this thread would be really necessary. Moreover maybe I am not skilled enough to make this one.

Do you have some new ideas for threads? I know this sounds kind of desperate but this is also partly true.
You are full of ideas my sweet noname, I'm sure you will come up with something. Don't worry the amount of comments, what matters is the amount of how many people have seen it. Hugs lovely.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, noname223, katagiri83 and 1 other person
lostundead

lostundead

Student
Mar 18, 2021
Im glad for any new thread that isn't about one of the following topics which we've already seen a million times:
- Incels
- Personal drama between forum members
- Sex
- Stupid "games"
- Music

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Ok here is one idea, people who use their mild depression not to work. Cause they got used to that life style. I used to be one of the. Finally starting to apply for jobs and getting interviews.

Reactions: noname223
Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
Im glad for any new thread that isn't about one of the following topics which we've already seen a million times:
- Incels
Those are good because they allow me to go through my leftover popcorn.

• Yay!
Reactions: ColorlessTrees and noname223