Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Is making sure I do it right

What I mean, is I have to make sure that whatever I do

Be it bridge jumping or some other method

Is I cannot fail

Why?

Because if I survive/get hospitalized, get caught by someone, or back out (after causing extensive damage to myself mentally and/or physically) I'll have to face the consequences of what I did

People…aren't nice. Especially the people around me. My family especially

I'll be judged and shamed. I'll be neglected and made fun of and looked down on. I'll have to deal with that on top of "recovery"

That's too much of a burden for me to face

So whatever I do, I want to make sure I just die

Cause that will end everything

There will be nothing to own up to and face

My trauma will be gone

I'll be free

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, breezeboy, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
PrisonPlanetBreak

PrisonPlanetBreak

Oct 22, 2023
I understand. Many of us keep postponing due to fear of failure. What I dread the most is exactly ending up in a hospital, and then everyone finding out. As such, I am trying to invest into a method where I can walk away from a failure without requiring medical assistance.​

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Water-Lily
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I understand. Many of us keep postponing due to fear of failure. What I dread the most is exactly ending up in a hospital, and then everyone finding out. As such, I am trying to invest into a method where I can walk away from a failure without requiring medical assistance.​
Does any such method exist?

Reactions: Unknown21
PrisonPlanetBreak

PrisonPlanetBreak

Oct 22, 2023
Does any such method exist?​

Well, I was initially considering SN, but even if you follow the regimen religiously, and take your antiemetics, a small chance of vomiting still exists. In case of vomiting, you need medical assistance to get rid of the SN in your body, because there is no way to know how much is left. So I shifted my view to the exit bag. For the exit bag, I see the following risks.

The bag might rupture if it's made out of thin material or constructed poorly. That's a fail from which you can recover alone, assuming it ruptures fairly quickly (meaning even if you passed out, if oxygen makes it to your brain in time, you should walk away with no brain damage). Another risk is that the gas has low purity, and as such it simply won't work as intended (you won't pass out and asphyxia sets in so you take off the bag yourself because of the alarm response). And last but not least, being found mid attempt, at a time frame where you're essentially a vegetable, which is probably the biggest risk honestly.

Some people are also afraid of trashing around, falling out of their bed/chair, or the cylinder falling over, etc. But from what I've read, there's no way your body should react so violently. Some small convulsions will likely be present, but nothing to threaten your setup.​

Last edited:
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
Is making sure I do it right

What I mean, is I have to make sure that whatever I do

Be it bridge jumping or some other method

Is I cannot fail

Why?

Because if I survive/get hospitalized, get caught by someone, or back out (after causing extensive damage to myself mentally and/or physically) I'll have to face the consequences of what I did

People…aren't nice. Especially the people around me. My family especially

I'll be judged and shamed. I'll be neglected and made fun of and looked down on. I'll have to deal with that on top of "recovery"

That's too much of a burden for me to face

So whatever I do, I want to make sure I just die

Cause that will end everything

There will be nothing to own up to and face

My trauma will be gone

I'll be free
My biggest fear too, failing an attempt is the worst scenario can happen. I really wish ctb was more guaranteed.

breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
I was going to recommend the suicide resource compilation but you've probably seen it.

I see you mentioned bridge jumping and If you're willing to jump from a bridge(250ft minimum) into water its pretty likely you'll succeed.
The recommended height for jumping onto hard flat land is 150ft minimum.

I can't think of any methods where you can make a legit attempt and be pretty much okay after.
Okay meaning like no injuries or consequences.

Reactions: Water-Lily