thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
My squawking landlord gave me an eviction notice. Looks like my time in this place is finally up. I am mad at my landlord, but I am thankful for the time I had at my current place. I had some real good memories, and I knew it was never going to last forever. This period of my life is over, and it's time to move on to the next one.
The homeless prediction is finally coming true. I didn't think it would happen so soon, but it looks like it is imminent.
Right now just trying to relax and meditate. I know things are bad now, but it won't be like this forever. Things will get better, I know it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Someone123, 710, Cherry Crumpet and 19 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
That's really stressful, I hope you can find a new place soon.

Reactions: thinkkank, newave3 and Manaaja
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I'm really sorry. I hope you can find a place that's as good or even better than the current one. I truly hope you don't have to spend any time homeless.

You are right, there is a possibility that things will get better. I hope the bad times will pass by quickly. I hope things will start going better for you after you find a new place.

Reactions: thinkkank and newave3
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
So it finally happened.. She sounds like a horrible landlord, hopefully you can move on to something better as soon as possible. I must say, you're taking this pretty well!

Reactions: TerminalConscience, Crazy4u, thinkkank and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 8975

I am so sorry :( If there is anyway I can help, if you need me to look up resources let me know

• Love
Reactions: Crazy4u, thinkkank and newave3
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Im so sorry, landlords are heartless people. I hope you are able to find a place to stay. No one should end on the streets. Dunno which country you are and you don't need to tell me, but I've heard tenants delay their eviction by 6 months, when it involves courts and all, nothing illegal on it, just buys you time, and the court will understand your decision or be able to help you. These situations make me so sad, wishing you good luck. If there's anything we can do let us know.
My squawking landlord gave me an eviction notice. Looks like my time in this place is finally up. I am mad at my landlord, but I am thankful for the time I had at my current place. I had some real good memories, and I knew it was never going to last forever. This period of my life is over, and it's time to move on to the next one.
The homeless prediction is finally coming true. I didn't think it would happen so soon, but it looks like it is imminent.
Right now just trying to relax and meditate. I know things are bad now, but it won't be like this forever. Things will get better, I know it.
Before I got my own house, a few years ago, I didn't let the tenant know, i left the keys under the rug, and when I arrived to the airport I sms her and told her i left and the keys were in that place. 2 days later she sends me a huge bill of silly things, she kept my 2000 euros deposit and she wanted double that, i had one month left for the lease to finish. I didn't even answer her calls or emails, I know what I did was wrong, but I was out of money and wouldn't starve because of one month left on the lease. Later that Same day I told her I left, the flat was already on display online for rent. I also left because I couldn't keep my cat with me, every 3 months she would come and make a house inspection, I had to put my cat and all her stuff in my car and park a little further. She once said you don't need to be home for the inspection . I told her, sorry i know the house is yours but for now it's mine, and I don't want anyone in my flat without me being inside.

Last edited:
Reactions: thinkkank
G

Grey-zoner

Dec 17, 2021
Best of luck, man. Keep us updated. I wish you the best.

thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
Before I got my own house, a few years ago, I didn't let the tenant know, i left the keys under the rug, and when I arrived to the airport I sms her and told her i left and the keys were in that place. 2 days later she sends me a huge bill of silly things, she kept my 2000 euros deposit and she wanted double that, i had one month left for the lease to finish. I didn't even answer her calls or emails, I know what I did was wrong, but I was out of money and wouldn't starve because of one month left on the lease. Later that Same day I told her I left, the flat was already on display online for rent. I also left because I couldn't keep my cat with me, every 3 months she would come and make a house inspection, I had to put my cat and all her stuff in my car and park a little further. She once said you don't need to be home for the inspection . I told her, sorry i know the house is yours but for now it's mine, and I don't want anyone in my flat without me being inside.

I've been thinking about doing something similar, getting enough money and just leaving, but things are really complicated. I'm still figuring out how to leave though. the hard part is getting money.

Reactions: Someone123
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
I'm really sorry. I hope you can find a place that's as good or even better than the current one. I truly hope you don't have to spend any time homeless.

You are right, there is a possibility that things will get better. I hope the bad times will pass by quickly. I hope things will start going better for you after you find a new place.

things are complicated and I can't find another place, so I'll end up in a shelter. Once that happens that's it, I'll be at the very bottom and won't be able to climb out every again.

• Hugs
S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
Are you able to get any specialized support in your state for housing - I hear social services are more complicated than they sound at first and you need someone to help navigate the system. Alternatively are you able to buy a vehicle - that beats living in a tent

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I wish you best of luck finding a better place. Finding a rental that feels like home is not easy. You are a nice person and you deserve a better landlord who appreciates you

thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
there was a buddhist priest who said difficult things are teachers. this situation is teaching me that all seasons come to an end and i should accept it. i shouldn't be sad or angry but i should be thankful for the good times i had here. it was never meant to last and deluding myself that it would will only make things harder. accepting the fact that things end is also training for when I CTB. i will accept that i have receached the end of my life and will be thankful for the good times.

• Hugs
Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
If you can, see if there's a Sikh temple near you. They will give you a free meal and possibly a place to sleep for a bit.

thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
If you can, see if there's a Sikh temple near you. They will give you a free meal and possibly a place to sleep for a bit.

good to know. do I have to convert to their religion to get the meal or more meals?

Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
good to know. do I have to convert to their religion to get the meal or more meals?
No! It's part of their religion to feed and shelter the helpless/homeless, regardless of what that person's religion is.

A part of a religion that honestly is good and caring. It's nice to see.

Edit: Here's a link with more information about them. https://www.sikhcoalition.org/about-sikhs/gurdwara/
The Gurdwara is the Sikh place of learning and worship where the community gathers. Visitors of any background can seek shelter, comfort, and food through the institution of langar, a free community kitchen open to all.

Last edited: