N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
It is not really confirmed whether he really was the smartest one. But if you search for the smartest person there was you find him. His IQ was allegedly between 250-300. But it was measured retrospectively. Maybe some relatives of him exaggerated some things. But people who met him (some intellectuals/ professors confirmed he was really smart)

Here is the story.

I don't think it is a perfect source. They act like it was really confirmed and keep silent about theories that his family exaggerated his intelligence. His wikipedia article on English gives the full picture.

His name was William James Sidis. His parents were intellectuals and wanted to raise their gifted son so that he flourished. They invested a lot of money in his education.

Quotes from the article.

"Sidis was accepted to Harvard University at the humble age of 9. However, the school wouldn't allow him to attend classes until he was 11."
"But despite his intelligence, he struggled to fit in with a world full of people who didn't understand him."
"After he graduated from Harvard at age 16, he told reporters, "I want to live the perfect life. The only way to live the perfect life is to live it in seclusion. I have always hated crowds.""

Some other facts I have found:

He worked a usual office job. Sued a newspaper that smeared him. Henever wanted to be famous.
Was bullied at college because he admitted he never kissed a girl.
I don't know all the details but his life sounded kind of sad and unhappy. He died early. At the age of 46 due to cerebral hemorrhage.

Last edited:
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Was bullied at college because he admitted he never kissed a girl.
Two things on this - if it was when he first started, he was only 11. Not every 11 year old boy has kissed a girl. Or maybe he was gay - definitely no chance of someone outing themselves in the 1800s.

Other than that, this guy seemed like a complete loser. So much potential to do something of value, and yet wasted it.
Derek Muller may not be the smartest person alive today, but he is very smart. He uses his intelligence to make videos explaining complicated topics in a way most non-PhDs can understand. Hell, even I post videos up on IG and FB about working on cars, motorcycles, and bicycles. If it helps one person, it was worth the effort.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Two things on this - if it was when he first started, he was only 11. Not every 11 year old boy has kissed a girl. Or maybe he was gay - definitely no chance of someone outing themselves in the 1800s.

Other than that, this guy seemed like a complete loser. So much potential to do something of value, and yet wasted it.
Derek Muller may not be the smartest person alive today, but he is very smart. He uses his intelligence to make videos explaining complicated topics in a way most non-PhDs can understand. Hell, even I post videos up on IG and FB about working on cars, motorcycles, and bicycles. If it helps one person, it was worth the effort.
I think he also was bullied when he taught there. He was older when he taught lessons but I don't know for sure how old he was.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I think he also was bullied when he taught there. He was older when he taught lessons but I don't know for sure how old he was.
Well, if all he was doing was teaching... you know the saying.

๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿ‘๏ธ๐Ÿ‘ƒ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
Well, with all the thinking that they're constantly doing, I wouldn't doubt it the slightest bit.